I've switched back to android and here is why

velvetelvis

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Let me start off by saying that I do not, in any way, dislike apple or its products. I have an ipad 3 and I love it. I had an iphone 4s and it worked just fine. But, and I will fully admit my a.d.d. when it come to tech, I was bored and ios6 promised more of the same.

I have used android in the past. I started my foray into android with the inspire. As many of you know, the battery life did not inspire anything. So, I traded it in for an atrix. A good phone in theory. Unfortunately I went through 4 atrix's (atri?) when i finally got sick of them dropping calls, losing data, not being able to hold a gps connection, and in general just not being a good phone. Or, at least not a good phone for me.

So, I traded my last atrix on craigs list for a used Samsung focus, windows phone. And it worked. For awhile. Then it started to have problems staying on. It was a used first gen focus to be fair. Well thats not good. So, I went back to apple. I got the ip4. And it worked. Sure it didn't have free turn by turn and was the same exact thing I had when i was on the 3g, but, it worked.

I was very disappointed. I really wanted to like android and now I think the os just wasn't mature enough yet. Not compared to ios and not for me. Eventually I upgraded to the ip4s and that worked even better. It was faster than the 4 and could do more with future updates.

As i stated earlier, I have severe case of t.a.d.d. (tech a.d.d.) and once again I got bored with ios (first world problems and all). I started
taking a look back at android and saw that not only had the os matured a lot, so had the hardware. The "android lag" that had been a real bummer before was mostly gone. And even promises to get better with the release of jelly bean. So, I took the chance.

The Samsung galaxy s3 is now my phone. Sure, I have some concerns. Such as android's updating problem. I know they promised a while ago to work on making carriers and manufacturers update phones in a timely manner but you cant count on that. So I heeded some sage advise, "get the phone you want for what it is now, not what it might be someday". I don't mind touch wiz at all. The hardware is really good and the software is snappy and really smooth. I say that as somebody who has used windows 7 and ios5, both super when it comes to being smooth and fluid. Especially windows, that is the smoothest os out there.

Another concern is itunes. I used my phone as my radio in and out of the car. Itunes was my way of getting music and podcast onto my phone. Itunes does not play well with other devices. That is just a fact of life. I'm still trying to find a way to do this as smooth as itunes does.

I've spent a lot of time creeping around various message boards and learning about android and I hope this time will be a much better experience than I had last time. And when ios6 does come out I will always have my ipad to get to enjoy most of the benefits of that.
Mostly I'm moving back to android because I'm an adult child and I was bored.

TauntingBull

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Let me start off by saying that I do not, in any way, dislike apple or its products. I have an ipad 3 and I love it. I had an iphone 4s and it worked just fine. But, and I will fully admit my a.d.d. when it come to tech, I was bored and ios6 promised more of the same.

I have used android in the past. I started my foray into android with the inspire. As many of you know, the battery life did not inspire anything. So, I traded it in for an atrix. A good phone in theory. Unfortunately I went through 4 atrix's (atri?) when i finally got sick of them dropping calls, losing data, not being able to hold a gps connection, and in general just not being a good phone. Or, at least not a good phone for me.

So, I traded my last atrix on craigs list for a used Samsung focus, windows phone. And it worked. For awhile. Then it started to have problems staying on. It was a used first gen focus to be fair. Well thats not good. So, I went back to apple. I got the ip4. And it worked. Sure it didn't have free turn by turn and was the same exact thing I had when i was on the 3g, but, it worked.

I was very disappointed. I really wanted to like android and now I think the os just wasn't mature enough yet. Not compared to ios and not for me. Eventually I upgraded to the ip4s and that worked even better. It was faster than the 4 and could do more with future updates.

As i stated earlier, I have severe case of t.a.d.d. (tech a.d.d.) and once again I got bored with ios (first world problems and all). I started
taking a look back at android and saw that not only had the os matured a lot, so had the hardware. The "android lag" that had been a real bummer before was mostly gone. And even promises to get better with the release of jelly bean. So, I took the chance.

The Samsung galaxy s3 is now my phone. Sure, I have some concerns. Such as android's updating problem. I know they promised a while ago to work on making carriers and manufacturers update phones in a timely manner but you cant count on that. So I heeded some sage advise, "get the phone you want for what it is now, not what it might be someday". I don't mind touch wiz at all. The hardware is really good and the software is snappy and really smooth. I say that as somebody who has used windows 7 and ios5, both super when it comes to being smooth and fluid. Especially windows, that is the smoothest os out there.

Another concern is itunes. I used my phone as my radio in and out of the car. Itunes was my way of getting music and podcast onto my phone. Itunes does not play well with other devices. That is just a fact of life. I'm still trying to find a way to do this as smooth as itunes does.

I've spent a lot of time creeping around various message boards and learning about android and I hope this time will be a much better experience than I had last time. And when ios6 does come out I will always have my ipad to get to enjoy most of the benefits of that.
Mostly I'm moving back to android because I'm an adult child and I was bored.

I use dog catcher for my podcasts... runs like a beauty..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463