My Phones internal memoy has under 20 MB left.

abighelp1

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V Model VM670
Android version 2.2.2
App2SD software on phone SD card-works fine
SD storage Optimizer software in phone sd card-works fine
Media dard reader via USB cable w/micro SD card slot
3 USB ports on my laptop

Since I have less than 20MB of internal memory left , I saw on wikipedia.net under rooting, that it is legal .to root a cell phone. I purchased this above Optimus V phone with my own $$ & am the only owner & only user of this phone. I went to Root Android, purchased the $29.99 subscription & downloaded supercliclkone software
version 33 to root my phone. & the downloaded stated it looked like malicious software. What should i do?

I looked elsewhere on the net that stating rooting software appears as malicious software in so many words.

Secondly, I got a 32GB mini SD card for more external FREE space on my phone compared to the present 2GB micro SD card currently installed.
I m getting SanDisk Media Manager to download to my laptop to manage transfer of media files 4 2 SD cards.

Please let me know if it's safe 2 use superoneclick software on my laptop to root my above android phone. Thanks!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello

I'm not familiar with the Optimus V and its methods for obtaining root but I can comment that most exploits used to root a device will set off any virus scanning/malware/spyware detection applications you have on your computer. Not to say that its REALLY spyware/virus/malware but it gets tagged as that. Most people disable their scanners during the rooting process.

As for the the rest of your post I will let one of the more experienced users in this area of the forums answer it for you.

Good luck.

Reactions: abighelp1

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to AC!!

Sorry, not sure about that software, but, I hope it is legit, since you paid for it.

The Introductions forum might not be the best place to get technical advice like this. Take a look in the forums for your device to see if there is a thread regarding rooting it. Someone may have already addressed this. If not, you might want to post there or in the General Help and How To forums. You'll get more bites in those forums than the Introductions forum.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power