My HTC Evo Design kept freezing and shutting itself off and now it just will not turn on. I just got this phone a few weeks ago and I haven't really downloaded many apps; I know there were many apps already installed on the phone. I don't know if apps are causing this to happen, but I just need help. I tried holding the power button down. Nothing. I tried plugging my phone in on the charger; it turned on for a little bit then shut off. I tried the factory reset by holding the volume button. Nothing. I tried taking the battery out for a while. Nothing. My phone was completely charged before my phone shut off, so my phone wasn't dying. I don't know what else to do but to take it to the boost mobile store, but I want to figure out what the problem is so I know for if my phone does this again another time.
    08-23-2012 11:09 AM
    did you root it? Or attempt to?

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
    08-23-2012 07:22 PM
    Have the same exact problem, for the second time after being repaired once already! Each time it initially started freezing/restarting while using Facebook app with GPS working in the background. No rooting.
    11-05-2012 10:32 AM
    Welcome to AC!!

My HTC Evo Design kept freezing and shutting itself off and now it just will not turn on. I just got this phone a few weeks ago and I haven't really downloaded many apps; I know there were many apps already installed on the phone. I don't know if apps are causing this to happen, but I just need help. I tried holding the power button down. Nothing. I tried plugging my phone in on the charger; it turned on for a little bit then shut off. I tried the factory reset by holding the volume button. Nothing. I tried taking the battery out for a while. Nothing. My phone was completely charged before my phone shut off, so my phone wasn't dying. I don't know what else to do but to take it to the boost mobile store, but I want to figure out what the problem is so I know for if my phone does this again another time.
    If it's that bad I would just get it replaced. Even if you managed to get it working properly again, who knows what is going to happen in the future. Now if you get a replacement and the same thing happens, it might be something you are doing, lol.
    11-05-2012 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD