Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation My HTC Evo Design won't turn on.

My HTC Evo Design kept freezing and shutting itself off and now it just will not turn on. I just got this phone a few weeks ago and I haven't really downloaded many apps; I know there were many apps already installed on the phone. I don't know if apps are causing this to happen, but I just need help. I tried holding the power button down. Nothing. I tried plugging my phone in on the charger; it turned on for a little bit then shut off. I tried the factory reset by holding the volume button. Nothing. I tried taking the battery out for a while. Nothing. My phone was completely charged before my phone shut off, so my phone wasn't dying. I don't know what else to do but to take it to the boost mobile store, but I want to figure out what the problem is so I know for if my phone does this again another time.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

did you root it? Or attempt to?

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM

Default Re: My HTC Evo Design won't turn on.

Have the same exact problem, for the second time after being repaired once already! Each time it initially started freezing/restarting while using Facebook app with GPS working in the background. No rooting.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Default Re: My HTC Evo Design won't turn on.

Welcome to AC!!

Quote Originally Posted by MiMiAnne22 View Post
    My HTC Evo Design kept freezing and shutting itself off and now it just will not turn on. I just got this phone a few weeks ago and I haven't really downloaded many apps; I know there were many apps already installed on the phone. I don't know if apps are causing this to happen, but I just need help. I tried holding the power button down. Nothing. I tried plugging my phone in on the charger; it turned on for a little bit then shut off. I tried the factory reset by holding the volume button. Nothing. I tried taking the battery out for a while. Nothing. My phone was completely charged before my phone shut off, so my phone wasn't dying. I don't know what else to do but to take it to the boost mobile store, but I want to figure out what the problem is so I know for if my phone does this again another time.
    If it's that bad I would just get it replaced. Even if you managed to get it working properly again, who knows what is going to happen in the future. Now if you get a replacement and the same thing happens, it might be something you are doing, lol.