Samsung Galaxy S3 notification drop down hangs up on my calls

hawaiikepi

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I have done alot of research on this issue and can't find anyone with the same problem. I am new to Smartphones and have a Samsung Galaxy S3. I am annoyed with the drop down notification screen. Each time I make a phone call and they are few, I have my ear to the top of the phone. It always ends up pulling down the drop down notification screen which has the quick icons on it so it ends up changing my settings (my ear does) and there is a line in the middle in red that is for quick links for the phone. the last icon is END for the phone and this happens every time, sometimes twice on the same person. The box pulls down and while I am talking my ear or face hits the end key and I hang up on the person I am talking to. I am so annoyed I am ready to return the phone. I looked online everywhere to see if the drop down can be locked but I see nothing. I am tired of resetting my settings and really can't talk on the phone. I hate speaker phone and I try to hold the phone away from my face at an angle so only a small portion of my ear is at the top of the phone. I think the position of these keys are annoying...any ideas...:'(

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
It's an easy fix in the settings.

Go to the dial pad (phone app) as if you were getting ready to make a phone call > hit Menu > Call Settings > the 5th option down is Auto Screen Off During Calls... turn it On. This activates the proximity sensor so that anytime your face is near the screen during a phone call, it will turn the screen off. It is made for this exact reason... so that you don't accidentally hit any buttons while on a phone call.

Welcome to AC... Enjoy the forums.

Martin97

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I Can't call with my Samsung Galaxy S3 Please Help me!

When I press the call button then i get a white screen and then goes back to phone list.

Please anyone can help me??