Nexus 7 Virus?

NiverthS

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi Folks, I am hoping some one here can help. I am new to Tablets in general and believe I have picked up a virus in my new Nexus 7. I received what I thought was a text message from my sister saying "Test This". When I opened it, my screen changed to the image in the attached file. It then goes to my log-on screen. I can log back in ok, however if I open my email or Chrome Browser, or if I try and open the system settings, the screen goes to the image again. I tried a few other apps and they seem to work ok. Any help would be appreciated.

Steve
S1010001.jpg

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Try deleting the text message or try look out in the market place. Viruses are rare on android but you never know

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to AC!!

Have you tried any of the virus apps out there to see if they can pick anything up? I don't use any, so, can't make any recommendations, but, I'm sure there are plenty out there.

NiverthS

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I am not able to get to the Play Store or to Chrome. Also now all apps cause the 'shut down'. I am able to connect via usb to my pc, but I am not familiar with the android os.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, well, if all apps weren't causing a shut down, you can log into Play from a computer, and, search for virus apps there. When you find whatever is the best rated one, whatever one you think is best, etc., you can push it to your phone that way. After you do this, you will see up in your notifications on the phone that it's installing.

But, if all apps are causing it to crash, maybe you should just do a factory reset and start fresh.

NiverthS

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I contacted Google. I was impressed at quickly a live person came on the phone. In any case he walked me through doing a reset. I am now back up. I do have to reload my apps, but I can live with that. Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I had one interaction with them once, and, I was quite pleased with the CSR I worked with.

No problem. But, now you know how to do a reset. So, that's good to know for the future.

Yea, but, that's no biggie. If you use Amazon appstore, that's kinda a pain, but, if everything was in Play, you just have to log onto a PC and push everything to your phone real quick. I find that to be the fastest way.

ethan awesome

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Is my nexus 7 at risk

:-$:'(this stupid I was playing on my nexus 7 and a thing popped up and said your device is at risk and I am like what the heck does that mean then I paused and said to myself what if it is real.please any help I got this nexus 7 for Xmas please.