Please help: Issue with Samsung Galaxy Nexus Reboot

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
All,

Looking for a little help with my Sprint Galaxy Nexus that I am trying to root.

I got to the last step where I installed the bigrushdog zip file (paths were verified as you stated in the video by qbking77 on youtube) and that was successful.

When I then selected reboot to verify the rooting and superuser app being present, the phone gets stuck on the Google screen with the unlock icon at the bottom. I've tried the following to fix this:

1) Waited about 10 minutes or so to see if it will reboot
2) Cleared the cache several times and tried to reboot
3) Cleared the Dalvik cache and tried to reboot
4) Did a restore, rebooted (this worked), deleted the existing bigrushdog zip file from my phone, downloaded and installed a new one, tried the process again, and same result - stuck on Google screen.

Any ideas on what I can do to get it to reboot so I can complete the rooting of my phone? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
You may have better luck posting in the Sprint rooting and ROMs section of the site. By the way, is the ROM that you downloaded for the toroplus version of the Galaxy Nexus? Many ROMs have multiple versions for the different types of Galaxy Nexus devices.

Sent from my SGSIII

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, I was thinking of flashing a ROM instead of rooting when I saw your post. Take a look at the stickied posts in the Verizon Galaxy Nexus section. Since you have a Nexus device it's really straightforward to root and unlock and doing it manually is a great learning experience. That said, if you rather use an automated process, Wug's toolkit is an option.

I suggest reading through the stickied guides on rooting and unlocking. If you still have questions, don't hesitate to post them. The members here are pretty helpful.

Good luck.

Sent from my SGSIII

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance