my htc vivid wont go past white htc screen. help please!

glenn.miller

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Im having the same problem. One day I just go to turn my Vivid on (mind you, it's a stock phone, not rooted or hacked) and it wont go past the white screen where it says "htc" Please help!

h witt

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem heres what I did:
1. Pull the battery
2. Put the battery back in
3. Hold the Volume down button and the Power button down until the phone starts to boot up.
4. Use volume button to scroll to recovery and then press the power button and wait.
5. if you see a symbol with red in it just shut it down and reboot the phone it should go past the white Htc screen just wait for a couple minutes. if that dont work i dont know what else to tell you. I tried it today 5-15-2013 and it worked for me

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem heres what I did:
1. Pull the battery
2. Put the battery back in
3. Hold the Volume down button and the Power button down until the phone starts to boot up.
4. Use volume button to scroll to recovery and then press the power button and wait.
5. if you see a symbol with red in it just shut it down and reboot the phone it should go past the white Htc screen just wait for a couple minutes. if that dont work i dont know what else to tell you. I tried it today 5-15-2013 and it worked for me

You sure that is Volume down and not up? Most devices I know of to get into recovery is holding volume up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol