active member of wpcentral currently looking for greener pastures to graze in BYOD land

geekmaster

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
To tell the truth, my first phone i ever owned was actually the original Motorola atrix 4g. I got it in the later part of april in 2011. It was not long before i started flashing all sorts of roms on it after the official gingerbread update. The ROM i stayed on the longest was an unofficial cm9 beta. Stability was utter garbage. Even on the official gingerbread ROM by Motorola i got random reboots more than several times every day. Apps often crashed, The capacitive buttons were very unreliable and glitched up the atrix's functioning more than a dozen times each month. I finally could not take it anymore and had to get rid of this phone, and here is what i ended up doing. For the longest time i have had an obsession with windows phone. In fact, this last April i traded in my og atrix at a used cell phone corner store in south Sacramento. The trade in for the Samsung focus i got was free with no down payment. i have craigslist to thank for this. But now all the sudden i hear about windows phone 8. So it looks really nice. But up untill this month i had become constantly worried about off contract pricing. Also i have been looking to leave ATT and their obscure pricing. Then it hit me hard. Microsoft loves carriers a lot more than off contract buyers. The OEM models for windows phone are obscurely indirect and expensive for what you are getting. I'm not going to pay more for what i payed for my gaming pc just to get a smartphone. Being very curious about the jelly bean announcement since June at google IO, on September 28th i shelled out $273 dollars including Tax for my area. In the past week i have to admit that i am officialy genuinely impressed with the latest revision of android. Google now is an amazing alternative to some of the nokia exclusive apps on windows phone. The Calendar is MUCH better than on Microsoft's windows phone platform. Having some of my music stored on a tablet this size just is really amazing. i can grasp the nexus 7 in one hand while browsing threw album art and playlists. It really feels like a full desktop class MP3 manager. YouTube looks really nice also, but its really annoying that it defaults to HD playback because i have slow internet where i live. It would be great if someone could show me how to turn that off. Apps for the most part are stable and the 1.3 GHz penta core tegra 3 performs like a champ. I'm not a big screen screen snob by any means but it does get the job done. i can sometimes see pixelation in icons but it does not really bother me too much. Overall Google i congratulate the work of your developers for jellybean. I can finally have a serious workflow in android which i never had with my og atrix.

What does the future hold for me? It looks like its going to be a nexus. Google has taken a reasonable and fair approach with pricing and actually did the right thing by avoiding the gsm carriers entirely and gave consumers the end choice. No termination fee's, No unlocking, Just a pure unadulterated android experience with what you did with it all entirely up to you. And considering if and when the galaxy nexus 2 or galaxy nexus+ comes to out on google play, The og galaxy will surely follow with a significant unlocked price cut. Sorry for the long story but i am probably just about as excited about the future of android as everyone else here :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs