- 3 Posts
A recent convert from Blackberry to Android here.
Could not believe the difference already, and it's only been 2 days.
I'm using an LG Lucid (VS840) phone, curreently running Android 4.0. I didn't notice a dedicated forum for this phone, but I'm sure I can find any info I'm looking for.
I do have one question at startup.
I think I did something wrong when I first got my phone, because I'm not seeing 4G as an option when looking at wireless networks (I live near Myrtle Beach, according to Verizon's coverage map, I'm fine).
Should I reseat my SIM card and reboot?
- 11-01-2012, 10:54 AM #2
Welcome to AC.
Have you checked under Settings/Wireless & Networks
Look for a sub menu like Mobile Networks and there should be an option for selecting between CDMA or CDMA/LTE. It could be possible your setting is at CDMA only which would stop the LTE radio from turning on. If you do have this option then select the CDMA/LTE mode and reboot the device and see what happens.
Good luck and enjoy the forums.Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central
- 3 Posts
Ok. As it turns out, I read the map slightly off. I actually live in 4G fringe-land. After heading up slightly more north, 4G clicked on automatically . Thanks for the input though. Liking forward to learning about this phone, android, and everything else I was missing with my blackberry.
Sent from my VS840 4G using Android Central Forums
- By rcdeck in forum IntroductionsReplies: 1Last Post: 09-21-2011, 12:00 AM
- By LuisT in forum IntroductionsReplies: 5Last Post: 06-11-2011, 12:56 PM
- By gigajoe84 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 5Last Post: 12-26-2009, 07:36 AM
- By Moonshot180 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 6Last Post: 12-17-2009, 06:45 PM
- By Tmak04 in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 8Last Post: 12-10-2009, 03:27 PM