Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hey

Hi.
    A recent convert from Blackberry to Android here.
    Could not believe the difference already, and it's only been 2 days.
    I'm using an LG Lucid (VS840) phone, curreently running Android 4.0. I didn't notice a dedicated forum for this phone, but I'm sure I can find any info I'm looking for.
    I do have one question at startup.
    I think I did something wrong when I first got my phone, because I'm not seeing 4G as an option when looking at wireless networks (I live near Myrtle Beach, according to Verizon's coverage map, I'm fine).
    Should I reseat my SIM card and reboot?
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks.

Default Re: Hey

Welcome to AC.

Have you checked under Settings/Wireless & Networks

Look for a sub menu like Mobile Networks and there should be an option for selecting between CDMA or CDMA/LTE. It could be possible your setting is at CDMA only which would stop the LTE radio from turning on. If you do have this option then select the CDMA/LTE mode and reboot the device and see what happens.

Good luck and enjoy the forums.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Hey

Ok. As it turns out, I read the map slightly off. I actually live in 4G fringe-land. After heading up slightly more north, 4G clicked on automatically . Thanks for the input though. Liking forward to learning about this phone, android, and everything else I was missing with my blackberry.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Android Central Forums