Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By Jerry Hildenbrand
  • 2 Post By LegalAmerican
  • 3 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By Cyber Warrior
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Your site is bad, and you should feel bad

I hit this site form a google result, and instructions said to download a simple apk. Click on apk - oh you need to login. Go to create an account - oh your username mwheeler is taken, ok maybe I;ve been here before, check forget password - nope no account found. Well that's just stupid. append random numbers to my name until something sticks. done.

Why can't you just send people to one of your stupid media captchas (which are annoying as f for international users at times) rather than run through the registration process. You are just artificially increasing your user account and wasting database space. Registering for downloads seem so stupid.

Default Re: Your site is bad, and you should feel bad

Quote Originally Posted by mwheeler4 View Post
    I hit this site form a google result, and instructions said to download a simple apk. Click on apk - oh you need to login. Go to create an account - oh your username mwheeler is taken, ok maybe I;ve been here before, check forget password - nope no account found. Well that's just stupid. append random numbers to my name until something sticks. done.

Why can't you just send people to one of your stupid media captchas (which are annoying as f for international users at times) rather than run through the registration process. You are just artificially increasing your user account and wasting database space. Registering for downloads seem so stupid.
    Why don't u just pick a different user name and use a different email? I did when I forgot mine

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I did use a different username, that's not the point, I shouldn't need to register just to download something on a site I'll never post at. I didn't forget my password.

I did use a different username, that's not the point, I shouldn't need to register just to download something on a site I'll never post at. I didn't forget my password.
    Could u not find it on Google? That's how I downloaded what I was looking for.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

You didn't need to. You were free to keep moving on and not download it. You did what you wanted to.

In the end, you got your file and got to act all pretentious and cool on the Internet. Sounds like a win-win for you.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by:

It's impossible to feel bad for you when no one was standing at your computer forcing you to do anything. There's millions of search results that you could have chosen instead.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    B. Diddy and hell_on_heels like this.

This is all pretty standard. Why is it such a problem for you? Do you simply want to take advantage of this community by having a file completely spoon-fed to you, while not contributing anything back at all?

One of the reasons to register on a forum is so that moderators can keep track of who's being abusive or trollish. The moderators in this forum are exceedingly good at keeping things cool and enjoyable for everybody. Perhaps they need to keep an eye on you.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I don't need to be spoon fed. At the time of downloading this was the only place for the file in question. Yes I want to make use of the community resources. What I don't want to be is a statistic for the site (eg, this site has 100000000000000 users).

As for keeping track of who is abusive or trollish, just but a captcha on the download. You don't need to give anonymous access to post or anything, just to downloading. They won't need to keep an eye on me because this is the only thread I wish to post on.

I always think the requirement for username / password just to download attachments on posts is either a) to get forum numbers up, b) to gather username and passwords...

I don't mean to act all pretentious, but the ease of use of the site sucks. Just because it's standard, doesn't make it a good idea.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

They won't need to keep an eye on me because this is the only thread I wish to post on.
    .... and on that note.. Threads Closed, I hope you found what you came for. Feel free to join in on discussions if you change your mind in the future or feel free to pm me if you need anything. Thanks for joining, enjoy the forums.
    zero neck likes this.