Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Back from iOS

After 3 years with Android (Eris, Incredible and Razr) I wanted to try an iPhone, so in May I sold my Razr and picked up a 4s. I wasn't happy with the Razr at all as it was too wide to use one-handed and the camera really sucked. The radio was second to none though and I always pulled a great signal, even in weak areas.

Anyway, I traded my 4s for a GS3 the other day and I really like it. The screen is awesome and way better than the Razr's screen. I thought I could get away with the 3.5" screen on the 4s but it was just too small in the long run. My big complaint about the GS3 is the signal. Unless I'm right next to a tower I hardly ever get 5 bars. The battery will take getting used to again as well. If I tried I could get 2 days from the 4s but I'm tweaking some setting on the GS3 and have Juice Defender installed. I just don't like having to turn it off to get MMS when on wi-fi (my wife and both kids are on iPhones and like to iMessage, which i do miss by the way).

It's good to be back on Android and I don't think I'll ever leave again. The iPhone is a good phone but after living with the openess of Android for 3 years, I could never adjust to some things on the 4s.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Default Re: Back from iOS

Welcome back!!

I plug my phone in at night, and, unplug it first thing in the morning. I generally get through my entire day, and, back to the charger at night without having to charge it during the day. If it can do that, I'm happy, lol. Can you get through the day without charging?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
    Welcome back!!

I plug my phone in at night, and, unplug it first thing in the morning. I generally get through my entire day, and, back to the charger at night without having to charge it during the day. If it can do that, I'm happy, lol. Can you get through the day without charging?
    I really haven't tried yet. I stream Pandora through the Sync system in my car and while I'm doing that it stays on the charger. Plus, I've been playing with it since I got it so it's tough to tell if I can get a whole day or not yet.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

I generally charge in car too, but, I still think I can make it a full day without charging. You should test it, you'll probably be fine. I also have a charger in my bag that I bring pretty much everywhere with me, work, friends houses', etc., and it has a charger in it.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums