Just ordered my first Android device

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had been thinking about replacing my iPhone 4 with the Note 2 but was not sure about switching and being stuck with a new 2 year contract on something I might not like, although the more I have played around with the Note 2 I don't think that would be the case. So what I did to get used to using the Android OS is order a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 today. I found 2 places that had refurbs for $149.99, Best Buy and Wal Mart, and while I don't really like buying from Wal Mart, they had the better deal, at least for me. I usually don't buy the service plans either but they had a 2 Year Drop, Spill and Cracked Screen Replacement Plan for Refurbished Tablets for $19.50 and I felt that was worth it since I will be carrying this around with me for work and for fun. I also applied for the Wal Mart Discover card which gave me $20 cash back so here is the cost breakdown:

$149.99 for Samsung Refurbished GT-P3113-TS8A Galaxy Tab 2 with ICS
$19.50 2 Year Drop, Spill and Cracked Screen Replacement Plan
--------------------------
$169.49 subtotal
$13.98 tax
$183.47 total
-$20 cash back for Discover card
$163.47 final price

Now I didn't actually get to subtract the $20 right away but it will be taken off on the next billing cycle so I effectively got the 2 year replacement warranty free.

Anyway, I am excited to start using the Android OS and I am sure I will be even more pleased when I replace my iPhone with the Note 2, or wait for the Note 3, or 7" Note phablet that I have read rumors about.

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had my Galaxy Tab for 4 days and returned it for a 32GB Nexus 7.

After taking it with me a few places and barely getting a wifi signal compared to my iPhone and a friends Nexus 7, I figured that would be the best thing to do. Even though I ordered it online through Wal Mart, I was able to return it to the nearby location and they had one Nexus left. It is charging and I look forward to getting better acquainted with it this weekend.

Last edited: