Hi - I want to move from Blackberry to Android but need advice

salam0506

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

My blackberry is finally dead and I need to switch over to Android. I am in the UK and will also be looking at what tariff to get and which mobile network to use., if anyone here is from the UK too then some advice on that would be useful as we have some cheap tariffs but I have heard that the service on some are not the best.

Obviously I would like to get the Nexus 4 but this seems to be proving quite difficult as it is sold out and I am not willing to get it on contract as the contracts are far too expensive - so I would rather buy a phone offline and get a cheap sim only tariff.

I was looking at the Acer Liquid Glow which seems to be really cheap - First for Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops and Accessories - Expansys.com UK is selling it for ?128 but on their website it says you can "unlock with a smile" feature - but I'm sure the review I read said it didnt have a front facing camera? I am looking for something up to ?250. Any ideas?

Does anyone have any experience with which phone is easiest to "root" and play about with? What are the advantages of that?

I did like the "haptic feedback" that the samsung has - do all the androids have that? Which is the best? I wanted to get something with as little "bloatware" as possible. I read that the Acer is good for that and is quite close to just what google installed?

A lot of questions I realise but whatever help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Seenan

Technoduce

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

My blackberry is finally dead and I need to switch over to Android. I am in the UK and will also be looking at what tariff to get and which mobile network to use., if anyone here is from the UK too then some advice on that would be useful as we have some cheap tariffs but I have heard that the service on some are not the best.

Obviously I would like to get the Nexus 4 but this seems to be proving quite difficult as it is sold out and I am not willing to get it on contract as the contracts are far too expensive - so I would rather buy a phone offline and get a cheap sim only tariff.

I was looking at the Acer Liquid Glow which seems to be really cheap - First for Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops and Accessories - Expansys.com UK is selling it for ?128 but on their website it says you can "unlock with a smile" feature - but I'm sure the review I read said it didnt have a front facing camera? I am looking for something up to ?250. Any ideas?

Does anyone have any experience with which phone is easiest to "root" and play about with? What are the advantages of that?

I did like the "haptic feedback" that the samsung has - do all the androids have that? Which is the best? I wanted to get something with as little "bloatware" as possible. I read that the Acer is good for that and is quite close to just what google installed?

A lot of questions I realise but whatever help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Seenan

BlackBerry is fine device know, then why you want to move from BlackBerry to Android.

salam0506

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I have an android tablet and the apps seems to be more useful for me. The Blackberry hardware has been terrible to me - I have had two blackberries and they both have gradually fallen apart.

Bulldog1377

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I ran BlackBerry for years. The decision to move to Android is one I have never regretted. The apps are very good and the integration and function will have you wondering why it took so long to make the change.

Sent from my Note 10.1.

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I just like to add that with the versatility of Android, it's open platform all this allows for a wider experience one that is different then the BB experience which really is more business like than multi functional

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for my Nexus 4 too (coming from a Blackberry 9900) as for the sim only I'm gonna use giffgaff because I don't call much and they have unlimited Internet/text and 250mins for ?12 a month no contract.

anne785

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest you to stay with blackberry itself. Since, more number of useful features and applications are coming out in blackberry too.