1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Getjar support pop up message

Hi,

I am loving my android phone (LG Revolution) and have had no problems at all until recently when a pop up message keeps appearing. The text box message appears in the lower part of the screen and says "This device is currently not supported by Gejar support. Please contact Getjar support and try again later". There is no pattern to when the message appears.

I have tried using two different apps to detect adware but they have not shown what app is causing this pop up notice to appear.

Any help to remove this annoying pop up message would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Default Re: Getjar support pop up message

Did you actually download an app from GetJar? They're one of those 3rd party app markets that I'm always a little wary about.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I did not download anything from Getjar. The only app that I have seen refer to Getjar is the Cut the Rope app for getting super powers for the little animal in the game. I deleted the app thinking that it would stop the pop up message but no such luck.

Which adware detectors did you try?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Addons Detector, Air Push Detector, and Norton Spot. The pop up message had not been detected by these applications and has even appeared when I was running these applications.

Try Lookout Ad Network Detector.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

You don't use Go Locker, do you?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I tried the Ad Network Detector and it shows two categories (Collect location information and Collect device or mobile network information). I do not use Go Locker. The message keeps appearing and there is no consistent app open. It will appear on the home screen when the phone is sitting idle. I watched this morning as the home screen was on and the display that shows the up arrow would appear in the top part of the screen and then the down arrow would appear like the phone was receiving data and then the message would appear again. Very frustrating. I never used Getjar and now not only will I never use it but I am making sure to tell as many people as possible to avoid Getjar like the plague!

Nice to see you here.Welcome to the board.....

Here's a thread on a T Mobile forum that mentions your error message. Not sure if it applies to you, but maybe it might be a start.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums