Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NotJustAPhone
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Considering switching to an S3 (or S4 if it's out when my contract is up)

After seeing a friend's phone for the past several months, I'm very interested in making the switch to Android/Samsung Galaxy S series when my contract allows for a renewal. Currently I have an iPhone 4S and a MacbookPro that it's synced up with (in addition to iCloud).

Biggest question I have, and haven't found clear answers to is based around the actual transition itself:
    - Is there a way I can check an app I have now, and see if it has an Android equivalent or get a suggestion for a replacement, should one exist?
    - Moving my media (music, photos, movies) seems easy enough, but is there a way I can easily move my text/picture messages to the new phone? (That would be SUPER handy and convenient)

I appreciate the assistance with my n00b questions. I've done quite a lot of Googling, and can't find all the answers I want, so thank you in advance!

Chris

Global Posts
    10,408 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Default Re: Considering switching to an S3 (or S4 if it's out when my contract is up)

Quote Originally Posted by atwookie View Post
    After seeing a friend's phone for the past several months, I'm very interested in making the switch to Android/Samsung Galaxy S series when my contract allows for a renewal. Currently I have an iPhone 4S and a MacbookPro that it's synced up with (in addition to iCloud).

Biggest question I have, and haven't found clear answers to is based around the actual transition itself:
    - Is there a way I can check an app I have now, and see if it has an Android equivalent or get a suggestion for a replacement, should one exist?
    - Moving my media (music, photos, movies) seems easy enough, but is there a way I can easily move my text/picture messages to the new phone? (That would be SUPER handy and convenient)

I appreciate the assistance with my n00b questions. I've done quite a lot of Googling, and can't find all the answers I want, so thank you in advance!

Chris
    First off, welcome! Always a pleasure to have new members here. Second, I am not sure about transporting text/pics, but I am sure you could archive them and continue on with android. The switch may take some time to get everything settled, but from my experience, once you land, you will be glad you did! Enjoy...

Global Posts
    11,772 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Default Re: Considering switching to an S3 (or S4 if it's out when my contract is up)

You can search the Google Play Store from your computer to research apps that you're interested in.

Sent from my SGSIII
    Thanked by:
    Johnly 
    bevcraw likes this.