Android noob. Hope to learn some stuff.

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I hang out over on WPCentral with my HTC Titan. Looking to get into Android as I think it has come a long way and is looking better every day. I am starting with cheap chinese tablets. Just picked one up the other day and starting to learn my way around android. Not as bad as some have made it out to be. Is much more involved than my other mobile OS experiences though. I started on iOS and moved up to WP. My WP experience and iOS experience were top notch. My hardware experience on WP has left me wanting as I get no support from HTC. I have marked them off my list for follow up mobile devices for the foreseeable future. This is part of the reason I have started looking to Android. No real standouts in the WP8 handsets in my opinion. 920 has proven to be pretty buggy for most. HTC is bland in my opinion and really has no features above any other standard phone. The Samsung Ativ-s is my favorite of this round of WP, but my upgrade is not open for another 6 months.

Anyway, just saying hey.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I hang out over on WPCentral with my HTC Titan. Looking to get into Android as I think it has come a long way and is looking better every day. I am starting with cheap chinese tablets. Just picked one up the other day and starting to learn my way around android. Not as bad as some have made it out to be. Is much more involved than my other mobile OS experiences though. I started on iOS and moved up to WP. My WP experience and iOS experience were top notch. My hardware experience on WP has left me wanting as I get no support from HTC. I have marked them off my list for follow up mobile devices for the foreseeable future. This is part of the reason I have started looking to Android. No real standouts in the WP8 handsets in my opinion. 920 has proven to be pretty buggy for most. HTC is bland in my opinion and really has no features above any other standard phone. The Samsung Ativ-s is my favorite of this round of WP, but my upgrade is not open for another 6 months.

Anyway, just saying hey.
Welcome power5 hope you learn lots of great stuff on Android Central. Im glad you are enjoying android on the lower end tablets but your experience becomes much better on a higher end device. Does the market even work on the chinese tablet? Either way enjoy the community here at AC.

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Not yet it does not. Came with Getjar, Slideme, and amazon installed. So I can get many apps. I need to figure out how to root it. That is much of the fun of android it seems so hopefully this $50 tablet lets me learn some of those aspects.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
It's gonna be hard if not impossible to root a cheap Chinese tablet as there is absolutely no dev support for those devices.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel