1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hello

Hello moderators,

I am a grey beard to IT (19 years), but just bought my first smartphone (Note 2) and am a total noob as it pertains to Android. Now that I have drank the cool-aid, I want more.

I would like to build a couple tablets for the kids to basically run the social apps, reader apps and maybe some of the android games. I would like to get as much of an Android Tablet experience as possible without breaking the bank (they are kids after all and have nothing right now). I could whip out the Credit card and start buying ready to go Nexus 7s at $200 a pop, but I am poor as I one of the ones that missed becoming a Dot-Com millionaire twice (during the 80s Dot-Com bubble, and it doesn't look promising for this new one.) Buy the way, I have a wife and four kids besides myself that want one. That sounds like 4-6 copies. If I am successful obtaining one at a reasonable cost, I may rinse and repeat as many times as I need.

Since I speak a little geek (with the older dialect), I thought I might find a community to walk me through building a couple low cost tablets (lower cost but I would like to have as much of an open Android experience as possible). I am willing to learn and am willing to take the risk. I just need two things: 1). find out what is the best / easiest / most successful tablet to buy at a low cost and hack 2). where do I need to go to get the info concerning hacking the particular model in #1.

If you could help me find the community that I need to be in, I would be grateful.

Sincerely,
    M. Scott Blalock

Default Re: Hello

Well we have forums here about each tablet and hacking them so read around as for what tablet you might wanna use.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ok, but I would have thought that asking each community for each tablet, if their tablet is the one to buy and hack would have been a bit inefficient. After almost 20 years in IT I have never be on a Forum where no one had a opinion and reasons their opinion is best. I guess my hello requirement has been fulfilled. Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Well we have forums here about each tablet and hacking them so read around as for what tablet you might wanna use.

Quote Originally Posted by sblalock View Post
    Ok, but I would have thought that asking each community for each tablet, if their tablet is the one to buy and hack would have been a bit inefficient. After almost 20 years in IT I have never be on a Forum where no one had a opinion and reasons their opinion is best. I guess my hello requirement has been fulfilled. Thanks for that.
    Well obviously, mine isn't the final say. If you still wanna ask everyone go ahead.