hello all new note 2 owner

Dallas Williams

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to say hello and whats up to all the android ppl. I recently purchased a galaxy note 2. So far im loving the phablet. i just hate the bloatware. is there anyway to remove all that crap.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to say hello and whats up to all the android ppl. I recently purchased a galaxy note 2. So far im loving the phablet. i just hate the bloatware. is there anyway to remove all that crap.

Welcome to AC!

There are definitely ways to remove some or all of the bloatware on your phone. If you just want to hide some of it, consider using the "disable" option in Settings > Apps > [Application Name]. That will prevent the application from running, as well as hide it in the app drawer. However, if you want to truly 'remove' the bloatware and go for a more AOSP Android experience (i.e. without Samsung's TouchWiz overlay), you should look into rooting the device and flashing a custom ROM.

Here are some links to get you started:

You'll find guides on rooting the Note II in AC's Note II section. I include the link to the RootzWiki Note II forum as there seems to be much more active development listed there compared to the AC forums, if you do end up searching for a custom ROM to flash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech