1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Default Newbie here!

Hi all, I'm kind of a newbie, definitely a newbie on the forums. The only smartphone I've owned so far is a Droid X. I just purchased an HTC Rezound to find out that I have to give Verizon a $400.00 deposit to use it! I am beyond furios! Anyway, I've been doing some reading here, and plan to do more reading before I start with a whole bunch of questions. LOL! But, I do have one question to start with... I'm not sure if I just wanna wait till I save up the 400 duckets, or, if I should just unlock the phone and just use it on another carrier. I e-mailed some guy here in San Diego who runs a cell phone service asking him if the phone could be flashed, unlocked, or whatever, so I could use it on a different carrier, but he told me that if I do any of that, that I won't be able to use all the phone's "bells and whistles" the way Verizon intended. True, or not true? Sorry , but like I said, I'm a newb when it comes to doing this all myself.

Global Posts
    4,501 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

Default Re: Newbie here!

Welcome!!

As far as I know, he's telling you the truth. CDMA phones can be a bit odd when using them on a carrier they weren't intended for. From what I've read, you're pretty much locked down to just being able to use the phone for calls and text.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa