Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree85Likes
  • 7 Post By James Falconer
  • 5 Post By Kevin O'Quinn
  • 7 Post By Paul627g
  • 7 Post By Patrick Schroedl
  • 15 Post By Jennifer Stough
  • 8 Post By Ry
  • 11 Post By Darth Spock
  • 10 Post By dpham00
  • 9 Post By Johnly
  • 6 Post By davidnc
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Meet the Android Central Moderation Team!

Howdy all,

It's time for a quick 'refresh' of the 'Meet Your Moderators' thread! The moderation team here at Android Central is a great bunch, and they do all they can every day to encourage conversation, stomp spam, and find answers to the questions you are looking for. Bottom line, they want to make your forums experience as enjoyable as possible. They volunteer their valuable time, and bring a passion to this community that is greatly appreciated.

Many of our moderators past and present have also posted a mini bio to give you the members a little more background on who we are so sit back and have a read below for more information on our team!

- The Android Central Moderation Team

Moderator Team Leader
    Paul627g

Super Moderators
    VDub2174
    Johnly
    davidnc
    dpham00
    Ry
    Darth Spock
    Patrick Schroedl
    Jerry Hildenbrand

Many thanks to our retired moderators
    NotJustAPhone
    Jennifer Stough
    ragnarokx
    Kevin O'Quinn
    cole2kb
    dmmarck
    Cyber Warrior
    tntdroid
    mclarryjr
    terpitude71
    igotsanevo4g
    Kevin Gossett
    ksmithinny
    avlfive
    caliskimmer
    namebrandon
    Chris Kerrigan
    Brett
    Big D5
    Jorge Olivera
    Last edited by Paul627g; 07-07-2014 at 03:49 PM.
    James Falconer
    Community Manager, Mobile Nations
    Email: james@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @JamesFalconer
    Thanked by 8:
    pkcable, davidnc, Johnly and 4 others like this.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,000 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Meet the Android Central Moderation Team!

Hi all! A quick little bit about me. My first smartphone was the Palm Pre on Sprint. I was a proud owner on launch day. About two months later I wasn't so proud. I'm sure we all know why. When the Evo 4G was released I was quick to jump ship. I joined Android Central a little before the release of the Evo, so that I could learn what Android was all about. I've been through many (MANY) devices over the past few years, and I have to say that I've learned a lot, too. That's because of the awesome members that we have here.

So that's a little bit about me and my smartphone history. Those of you that frequent the forums have seen me around I'm sure. I try to be a "regular" member when I post. I love the conversation, I love learning from you guys, and I love helping people with their problems. So that's me.

Thanks.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by 3:
    pkcable, davidnc, Johnly and 2 others like this.

Where do I start... I'm from the suburbs of Chicago (Plainfield, Il.) where I have lived around most of my life. I'm married with 5 children and also have the dog and cat taking up space in the house When I'm not here playing Moderator and helping members I'm a 20+ year Heavy Equipment Operator for Local 150 out of Chicago, Il. Yes I run all the big sand box toys like dozers, off road trucks, back hoes, cranes, etc... When I have some free time I enjoy watching NASCAR and also pull for my local Chicago Blackhawks! Otherwise when given the chance the family and I like to get out and do a little hiking and fishing together.

My smartphone history really starts back with various Nextel's and eventually moving into a Blackberry Curve 8330. Late in 2010 I moved over to Android and a Samsung Epic 4g on Sprint. I knew very little and after doing a Google search of Android it lead me to Android Central where I became a member in late November 2010. I've been here ever since and I've had the Epic 4g, NS4G, Sprint Galaxy Nexus and steal my wife's Galaxy S3 on occasion. I've been an AC Advisor, Moderator and also wear the hat of AC Advisor Manager. I've meet so many great people here at AC both from general discussion to those I've helped in the forums. Everything has been a great experience and look forward to what tomorrow will bring all of us.

So that's a little history on me. I owe a huge thanks to my fellow moderators and the entire staff at AC (mods, advisors, admin, bloggers) for making AC such an awesome place and giving me the chance to be a part of it. Look forward to seeing you all in the forums and take part in some discussion together.

Paul.
    Last edited by Paul627g; 02-28-2013 at 09:13 AM.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Thanked by 4:

Hey everyone!

My name is as you've probably noticed Patrick Schroedl. I go by Patrick and Pat, and feel completely free to call me by either name in posts. Let's see... my backstory. I live in Seattle, Washington, and have a love for the Pacific Northwest. I work primarily as a designer and developer, concentrating on UI and UX in the mobile space, and enjoy Android (obviously), pizza (who doesn't?) and quality drinks (of all varieties.. except coffee). Really insightful list, I know. My biggest hobby other than my tech obsession would be photography.. which, I guess, is just another tech obsession. But it's one that lets me explore the Pacific Northwest and experience nature, which I love doing when the opportunity arises.

My smartphone history really begins with the original Droid on Verizon. My list of personal devices continues with the HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola XOOM, Samsung Galaxy Nexus (the Verizon variant), the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, and now the Nexus 4, 7, and 10. The list of devices that I have around for development purposes is much longer, and changes frequently.. which can be very cool sometimes. I joined AndroidCentral in March of 2011, though my activity all but stopped for much of the first half of 2012 for personal reasons. I came back in full force, and I've been devoted to the AC community since. As of this writing (February '13), I'm the most recent addition to the Moderator team.

It's been great seeing names I recognize come up in threads across the forums, and being able to have great conversations with everyone. You all are the reason why I'm here, so here's to continuing that experience! Echoing what Paul said above, I want to give a shout-out to the rest of the AC staff Advisors, Moderators, Mobile Nations staff members, cowboys, and former staff-types because this place wouldn't be what it is without them.

Patrick
    Last edited by Patrick Schroedl; 03-23-2013 at 01:55 PM.
    Thanked by 5:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Hey guys :-) My name is Jennifer Stough, but feel free to call me any variation of that, as long as its relatively nice. I'm a 20 year old stay at home army wife. My son is two years old and the highlight of my life. I also have a 10 month old Doberman. I have moved around quite a bit. I was born in Louisville, KY (whoo, Wildcats!), raised all over Tennessee, before being settled down in a little Arkansian suburb of Memphis, right across the Mississippi river. I just recently moved to TX, from KS, and am thrilled to be back in the south. My smart phone experience began two years ago with an LG optimus q. I have since gone to ios with the iPhone 3gs, back to android with the T-Mobile sidekick 4g, and now the Verizon Droid DNA. I love to help people when I can, so if you have a question, I will try my best to answer it. I'm pretty new to the site, and new to moderating, but I'm so glad to be here. You're looking at the first female mod of android central, and I promise I will do my best to help keep this forum the fun informational place that we all know and love it to be.

Just a fun fact, My favorite android feature is the capability to run 3rd party launchers.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,838 Global Posts

Hello everyone.

I’m from Southern California - San Diego & Riverside counties. I'm currently working as a project manager at a healthcare software/hardware provider, but with a past in mobile gaming and entertainment going back to the feature phone days with J2ME and BREW up to iOS and Android.

As far as my mobile devices, take a look at my past phones and feel free to add yours to that thread. I’m always fascinated to hear where people are coming from and see where they’re headed. My phone history looks a little one-sided (HELLOMOTO), but it doesn’t include having to help out family and friends with devices like the iPhone line and all of the Galaxy S and Note phones.

When I’m not nerding out over mobile phones, I’m nerding out over Transformers, San Diego Chargers football, Chicago Bulls basketball, and San Diego State Aztecs athletics.

I love the openness that Android as a platform brings and I feel that the community built up here at Android Central is one of the best around. Looking forward to keeping the conversation going.
    Last edited by Ry; 02-17-2014 at 06:27 PM.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    6,434 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Salute – My name is Matt (shortened from Mathiakka), born in Siena (a province of Tuscany south of Florence). I was adopted along with my sister and have lived in the US for most of my life. My wife and I have two daughters, who we are raising to be proper nerds.

Professionally I primarily consider myself a martial arts teacher, having been training for nearly 30 years and teaching for about 19 years. Having sold my own school, for the past 9 years teaching has not been my primary occupation and I’ve been working in mathematical modeling and analytics for the past six years. My most recent teaching job began a couple of months ago, providing second level self-defense classes for women out of a local college. Otherwise, I’m a full time student for the next few years.

I began with Android 2010 with the LG Ally, hopped to the HTC Thunderbolt then the Galaxy Nexus, both the 2012 and 2013 Nexus 7’s (all of those on their respective release dates) and I was about 2 weeks late getting my (current) Moto X. I also have a Chromebook for tooling around and most agree that I’m a bit of a Google nerd.

I’m a huge fan of the Android Central blog and especially the podcast and cannot say enough about our ambassador program here in the forums. Please reach out and say thanks to those guys when they help you with your troubleshooting and especially for writing the guides that facilitates a generally more educated community. I deeply appreciate being asked to join the moderator team and hope that I can help to encourage a positive, productive and engaging community while we continue to grow. I’m looking forward to see what the future of tech holds.

Grazie, ciao!
    Last edited by NothingIsTrue; 02-18-2014 at 03:17 AM.
    Thanked by 4:

Hello all - When the iPhone and Droid first came out, I really saw no reason to get one. My first smartphone was the HTC Thunderbolt, which originally I got to use Netflix and Skype mainly due to it being the first 4GLTE smartphone. But slowly, I enjoyed using the phone and learning about how it worked. From there I moved on to the HTC Rezound, Droid Razr Maxx, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note II, and am currently using the Galaxy Note 3. In just 3 years, smartphones have evolved a lot and I can only imagine how much technology will advance in the next few years.

I was a little shocked quite honestly when I was offered a Moderator position. I didn't think that I posted in an extra-ordinary manner that would make anyone really notice me and there are people on here much more knowledgable than me. I hope that I will be able to contribute in making Android Central a better place.

A little bit about myself, I live in Los Angeles with my wife and daughter and outside of Android, I have enjoyed tinkering and working with cars and computers as well as a modest DVD collection (which is pretty worthless today). As some of you who have read my posts may be aware, I also enjoy the thrill of hunting for good deals.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Global Posts
    10,563 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Hey everyone! A little about me: I am a department manager for a major home improvement retailer. I run several departments, kitchen design and appliances being my favorite. I have been a college student for quite some time, and are still going to school. I am currently taking Photo-Shop and Multimedia Design, and I love it. I have also graduated from a local community college in the field of Nursing. I have a wonderful wife, and three awesome kids (soon to be four.) Jade is my oldest and she loves to play X Box. Baylie at ten, enjoys playing guitar and keyboards. Kinzie at six, is a practitioner of Mixed Martial Arts, well on her way to a black belt. Finally, Abigail is due April 20. Never a dull moment here!

Now the gadgets! My first cell phone was a a Nokia 6185. Snake was preloaded on the device, ha ha. I had many more flip phones and sliders after that. The Kyocera slider remix was when I started to enjoy cell phones. Soon after that I got my first smart phone, a Blackberry Curve 8330. I loved that phone and kept it for quite some time. Then the Blackberry Storm came along, and I enjoyed that device as well. When the original Motorola Droid hit the scene, I was hooked on Android and I was not looking back. There was a great community over that device, and I believe that started the Android revolution. I am a little embarrassed to say, but I have had a myriad of devices since then, including the Droid X, Droid Eris, Samsung Fascinate (GS1),) Galaxy S2, S3, Note 2, Note 3, Moto X, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5, nexus 7 just to name the ones I can remember.

I am looking forward to what devices are in the pipeline! I love Android Central, and I am here to help. If you need anything, please don’t hesitate to PM me or one of the other members of the team. I look forward to seeing you in the forums, on the blogs, and at the AC podcast!

John.
    Thanked by 5:
    davidnc, Ry, Paul627g and 6 others like this.

Global Posts
    7,364 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Hey Everybody,
    My name is David and I live in a small town called Mint Hill which is just east of Charlotte,N.C.I grew up here and lived most my life here.I did move up to north-west Michigan for a time where I made many new friends. I lived not to far from the Canadian border. I still travel there at least once a year to see all my friends there.Its kinda like my "home away from home". So I have lived in two very different climates. The weather extremes in those places being the heat and humidity of the south and the cold and the snow of the north.The spring /summer was nice up north with not having to dealing with the humidity of the south.I'm not saying its always humid down here cause its not .I actually like both climates.

I work in a small family owned machine shop referred to as a "job shop" since we normally don't do large scale production runs.I work mainly as a QC manager(quality control). That involves operating an CMM (coodinate-measuring machine), other task are mic. calibration, and first article reports.I also do various other things such as deliver parts/pick up parts, so yes I am the truck driver too.

I have had a couple smartphones before purchasing an android phone those being the Moto Q, and the Blackberry 8330.My first android phone was the original HTC Incredible.Actually after ordering that online and waiting for it to be delivered I joined Android Central.The other android phones I have owned are the Motorola DX, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Galaxy S3, and currently Motorola Moto X.I have yet to sell any of my phones I just prefer to keep them.

I was surprised but thrilled to be offered a Moderator position.I think Android Central is a great site for general information,helping people solve their phone issues, and giving tips/guides on how to use their phones.I will strive to do my part in keeping Android Central a great place to come for their needs.If I can ever be any help don't hesitate to PM me.

Thanks to all the past and present Moderators,Ambassadors,Administrators for making it great.Also the regular members that provide information to help others out.I guess that about sums it up ,ha
    Thanked by 3: