Texas noob

alcyone83

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Id like to say hello from San Antonio, Texas to android central. Been using Android since evo 4g in 2010. Just now learning basics of rooting and flashing.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Id like to say hello from San Antonio, Texas to android central. Been using Android since evo 4g in 2010. Just now learning basics of rooting and flashing.

Welcome to Android and the forums. Big pieces of advice for flashing; 1. Make sure the ROM is for your specific device. 2. Do not use International ROMs, they are incompatible. 3. Try to find a back up file of the previous build so you have a starting over point if things go wrong.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android and the forums. Big pieces of advice for flashing; 1. Make sure the ROM is for your specific device. 2. Do not use International ROMs, they are incompatible. 3. Try to find a back up file of the previous build so you have a starting over point if things go wrong.

In his case, an RUU

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
As a Samsung device user, I would defer to his advice over my own, and I have seen a few of A7X's threads....I would heed any advice he may have.

But you had everything right, I just wanted to add that for HTC, we have an RUU whereas Samsung has ODIN and Kies I believe.

I haven't had the chance to get into Samsung.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
But you had everything right, I just wanted to add that for HTC, we have an RUU whereas Samsung has ODIN and Kies I believe.

I haven't had the chance to get into Samsung.

@A7X ...Compliment still stands...and thanks for yours...LOL. Yes, Samsung has Kies....but it has been hit and miss for a reliable way to recover your device. I have heard it is possible, but the one time I messed up a flash on my S2, Kies couldn't help. I managed to fix better with ODIN. Kies is probably better if you are stock, always have been, and something gets messed up.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
@A7X ...Compliment still stands...and thanks for yours...LOL. Yes, Samsung has Kies....but it has been hit and miss for a reliable way to recover your device. I have heard it is possible, but the one time I messed up a flash on my S2, Kies couldn't help. I managed to fix better with ODIN. Kies is probably better if you are stock, always have been, and something gets messed up.

I don't know about either of those. And I barely found out how to use a JTAG if that's what it is called.

Total Samsung noob. I hardbricked a Samsung Dart once. I felt so bad!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about either of those. And I barely found out how to use a JTAG if that's what it is called.

Total Samsung noob. I hardbricked a Samsung Dart once. I felt so bad!

A jtag is the proper term. I have no idea how to use it. Don't feel bad about the Dart. From what I understand it was a device that was easy to brick....you probably only had to think of any kind of brick and the device would....lol

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
A jtag is the proper term. I have no idea how to use it. Don't feel bad about the Dart. From what I understand it was a device that was easy to brick....you probably only had to think of any kind of brick and the device would....lol

Haha, no, me being an idiot and forgetting Rule #3: Flash the recovery FOR the phone! Needless to say, it is dead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz