Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SWD
  • 1 Post By SWD
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    SWD

Default Free from the clutches of Apple and found Android and Oasis

Hello,

Just call me SWD. I used to be an iphone user until when I purchased an Apple Iphone 4gs for upgrade, literally destroyed my computer deleting the drivers for my Airport and Bluetooth. After many attempts to get this fixed through apple....an extra $99 on top of my apple care?! No way! My boyfriend already had an android and I decided to switch and I have been happier ever since (with some minor glitches here and there)

And AT&T told me that android will not work on an apple computer...oh really?!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Free from the clutches of Apple and found Android and Oasis

Quote Originally Posted by SWD View Post
    Hello,

Just call me SWD. I used to be an iphone user until when I purchased an Apple Iphone 4gs for upgrade, literally destroyed my computer deleting the drivers for my Airport and Bluetooth. After many attempts to get this fixed through apple....an extra $99 on top of my apple care?! No way! My boyfriend already had an android and I decided to switch and I have been happier ever since (with some minor glitches here and there)

And AT&T told me that android will not work on an apple computer...oh really?!
    Congrats SWD , Welcome to Android Central. What device did you get?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Welcome to AC, Android, and freedom. Android devices will work with Mac computers, you just need to download the right drivers/apps. Or just use the Cloud or something like Airdroid.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Welcome! The wireless reps in the store often have an alarmingly poor knowledge about the devices they sell, so a good rule of thumb is to ask your questions on this forum rather than trusting what they have to say.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    SWD

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Congrats SWD , Welcome to Android Central. What device did you get?
    I currently have the Samsung Galaxy Express. My Boyfriend has the Sony Xperia TL.

I wanted the Galaxy S3 however "out of stock" grrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Seronac View Post
    Welcome to AC, Android, and freedom. Android devices will work with Mac computers, you just need to download the right drivers/apps. Or just use the Cloud or something like Airdroid.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    The good thing is I did not need to install drivers. I only had to download the Android File Transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome! The wireless reps in the store often have an alarmingly poor knowledge about the devices they sell, so a good rule of thumb is to ask your questions on this forum rather than trusting what they have to say.
    They really have no idea. When Apple told me that the issue with my 4gs was a software issue between my brand new MacPro and my phone, I replied "Okay when will I receive the update to fix this issue." The technical service rep replied "It would be $99 regardless of AppleCare. However if you get the Iphone 5g it would probably resolve the issue." I cannot understand why if it was a software issue between 2 supposedly Apple products and a software issue it should be a courtesy fix. Well easy fix was to trade in for a Samsung Galaxy Express and I got $50 back for doing so. AT&T store told me to go to Apple. I had to argue (almost causing a scene being the woman I am teehee) explaining that I purchased a new MacPro and because my computer is down for X amount of days I cannot use the phone. The manager tried to explain to me it is not an Iphone issue it is my computer. I plugged in my old 3gs and it works perfectly fine, no issues. Well I borrowed a friend's 5g and it caused my screen to go white. Geez!

Now my computer is fixed. It wasn't that hard to reinstall the drivers and get my computer back to normal state.
    B. Diddy likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    SWD

Thank you

Currently I have a Samsung Galaxy Express. My boyfriend has a Sony Xperia TL.

The only software I needed to download was the Android File Transfer. Apparently the people working for Apple are so hypnotized to Apple products they do not know the compatibility with other devices. It is also a sales tactic as well.

Unfortunately Apples has been having software issues on their own devices where they force you to upgrade or pay a fine. Well....I purchased a new MacPro and in addition having to pay $99 for a firmware fix that would work 35% of the time. No way!

I find Android so much easier to customize and to drag and drop files.

There are minor issues I have but that is with everybody. No 2 devices are the same

(((WHOA double post)))))
    Last edited by SWD; 04-16-2013 at 08:10 AM.
    B. Diddy likes this.

If you need help with those minor issues, make sure you ask questions in these forums! Smart and helpful people abound.

I currently have the Samsung Galaxy Express. My Boyfriend has the Sony Xperia TL.

I wanted the Galaxy S3 however "out of stock" grrrrrr.

The good thing is I did not need to install drivers. I only had to download the Android File Transfer.

They really have no idea. When Apple told me that the issue with my 4gs was a software issue between my brand new MacPro and my phone, I replied "Okay when will I receive the update to fix this issue." The technical service rep replied "It would be $99 regardless of AppleCare. However if you get the Iphone 5g it would probably resolve the issue." I cannot understand why if it was a software issue between 2 supposedly Apple products and a software issue it should be a courtesy fix. Well easy fix was to trade in for a Samsung Galaxy Express and I got $50 back for doing so. AT&T store told me to go to Apple. I had to argue (almost causing a scene being the woman I am teehee) explaining that I purchased a new MacPro and because my computer is down for X amount of days I cannot use the phone. The manager tried to explain to me it is not an Iphone issue it is my computer. I plugged in my old 3gs and it works perfectly fine, no issues. Well I borrowed a friend's 5g and it caused my screen to go white. Geez!

Now my computer is fixed. It wasn't that hard to reinstall the drivers and get my computer back to normal state.
    Well first of as others did here Welcome to AC. We are very happy to have you as well as be a part of the Android family.
    Let me just say this though... There is no iPhone 4GS, it is just a 4S and there is an IP5 and not 5G. They don't exist and more than likely if you were to have a visited a local Apple store genius bar since you still have a Macbook Pro IOS device they could have helped you. Hey but that is in the past so enjoy your stay here and anything you need visit the proper forums for your device.

Global Posts
    13,794 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Thank you

Currently I have a Samsung Galaxy Express. My boyfriend has a Sony Xperia TL.

The only software I needed to download was the Android File Transfer. Apparently the people working for Apple are so hypnotized to Apple products they do not know the compatibility with other devices. It is also a sales tactic as well.

Unfortunately Apples has been having software issues on their own devices where they force you to upgrade or pay a fine. Well....I purchased a new MacPro and in addition having to pay $99 for a firmware fix that would work 35% of the time. No way!

I find Android so much easier to customize and to drag and drop files.

There are minor issues I have but that is with everybody. No 2 devices are the same

(((WHOA double post)))))
    Welcome to Android and the forums. Any questions, just ask. And if you want to bring a whole new level of custom to your phone, go to Play and download a new launcher like Nova. You can be stock, and brings a whole new depth ot your User Interface experience.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here