Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree362Likes
  • 23 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 15 Post By Almeuit
  • 17 Post By SpookDroid
  • 11 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 10 Post By VW Maverick
  • 10 Post By STARGATE
  • 11 Post By belodion
  • 12 Post By B. Diddy
  • 14 Post By LeoRex
  • 12 Post By Kelly Kearns
  • 12 Post By itguyjax8430
  • 15 Post By Javier P
  • 9 Post By Teejai80
  • 11 Post By the tall guy
  • 8 Post By OceanView
  • 11 Post By sydneycooper1979
  • 13 Post By AlphaTango414
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

31,360 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,858 Global Posts
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Meet the Ambassadors of Android Central

Meet the Ambassadors of Android Central

At any given moment, Android Central is viewed by thousands upon thousands of members and guests. These people come looking for help, sharing knowledge about a particular device, and do research into a future candidate. Guests often receive such wonderful help, they register to say thanks to the user.

The Ambassador Team are volunteers who represent Android Central with experience, knowledge, and a willingness to share. The Ambassadors make it a goal for everyone to have a great experience with the site, ranging from giving a warm welcome when they make their first post, to pointing them in the right direction for a problem.

The following posts are bits of background of the Ambassadors, showing another dimension of our personalities. As for what an Ambassador is and does, the following touches on what we do:

Some goals/tasks of an Ambassador

• Welcoming new members to the community
    • Responding to unanswered questions & provide direction or solutions.
    • Writing informative guides & tutorials
    • Ongoing support & participation in various devices and areas within the forums.
    • Respect for the community and its members.

How are Ambassadors selected?

• Android Central Ambassador Team Leader
    • Android Central Moderators identify any outstanding members who may be a good fit for the program
    • Sometimes we even explore members who ask or offer to join the program

Android Central Ambassador Staff

Ambassador Team Leader

Android Central RETIRED Ambassadors

Below are names of great ex-Ambassadors that volunteered their time and knowledge. Even though they may no longer wear the badge of an Ambassador, we would still like to recognize their contributions to the community. Big thanks to them!

• sydneycooper1979 (now a moderator)
    • UJ95x
    • Raptor007
    • xocomaox
    • wizzrah
    • srkmagnus (now a Moderator)
    • mumfoau
    • ffejjj
    • VDub2174 (now a Moderator)
    • Haalcyon
    • Eclipse2K
    • EvilMonkey
    • Aquila (now Moderator Team Leader)
    • Scott Kenyon
    • 2defmouze
    • DroidXcon
    • creccaj1
    • Jaquarr40
    • meyerweb
    • dmmarck (now a retired Moderator)
    • SkunkApe60
    • zero neck
    • PVilleComp
    • Paul627g (now a retired Moderator Team Leader)
    • JayWill72
    • Devinator
    • Kevin O'Quinn (now a retired Moderator Team Leader)
    pkcable, Elite1, Aquila and 20 others like this.

Default Re: [DRAFT] Public Ambassador Introductions

Hello all,

I am Jason (28 years old) and I am an Android Central Moderator! I have also been apart of the Ambassador Team for quite some time . I joined Android Central back in the day when I was simply trying to learn a few things about my phone. I came across Android Central and found a community of nerds like me and joined instantly. I have really enjoyed every minute of it and still say this is one of the best communities out there.

A little about me (to not make this long winded) -- I love technology and have found a big love for the various phones out there. I am one of those "Chronic Phone Switchers" that everyone talks about. The longest I have had a phone in the past 2-3 years has been ... 5-6 months total? Yes, I am aware I have a problem (I have even ventured into the Apple area to try it out). I am currently waiting on the LG V20. Once it comes out I intend to snag it .. Unless the Pixel takes my attention .

If you ever have any questions in the community or need some assistance do not hesitate to send me a PM. I will do my best to help out.

See you around the forums!

- Almeuit

Hello friends!

My name is Nick (OK, not my real name, but we'll get to that), but my friends call me Spook, and I got recruited to the Secret Order of the Android Central Ambassadors in July 2014. We're very jealous about the secrecy thing, so don't tell anyone, alrighty?

I used to live in Mexico, but have now moved to Carlsbad, California. I've always loved all things that go 'beep' in the night as my parents can attest. The moment I came face to face with a computer, I was hooked. Naturally, I pursued a career that had to do with just that, getting a degree in Electronics and a Master in Robotics. That Skynet thing you saw on Terminator? I was building that. But for the sake of humanity, life put me on a different path and now I design, build, and establish processes for building golf clubs.

But my love for Electronics never died, and I'm the kind of guy friends go to for advice on gadgets, tech, and computer stuff. And I love it! I've always loved being able to help people, which incidentally, fits perfectly with the AC Ambassador profile. So, if there's anything I can help with, I will certainly try to do so.

As for the Mobile scene and because I love Android, I'm currently rocking a Galaxy Note 3 as my daily Driver, a Galaxy Note 10.1 as my trusty tablet and note-taking gizmo, and I also own an iPhone for work and an iPod for music.

So here I am, at your service and at the service of the AC Ambassador Team. The Secret one.

Still reading this far? Great! Now you'll know the secret of my real name: It's Israel. So why Nick? Apparently, I don't look like an Israel and have the face of a Nick, or at least that's what the guy who introduced me to my group on my first day of College thought, because he told everyone my name was Nick, and it stuck. My nickname, however, dates back to my early days of High School, where word got out that I was a fan of The X-Files, and since the main character was called Fox "Spooky" Mulder, they started calling me Spooky, but ended up dropping the 'y'.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

31,360 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,858 Global Posts
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Meet the Ambassadors of Android Central

Hi, I'm Joe....And I am a tech junkie...

Well, where to begin, other than the beginning? For starters, I joined Android in late November of 2011, starting off with a Sprint Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch (always a mouthful), coming from a Sanyo Innuendo. I learned how to root the device in under three months, with the first two just spent learning how to work Android. Then, the following October I picked up a Galaxy S3, and during that time I also acquired a Galaxy Tab 2. I then shifted to a 2013 Moto X, and a Nexus 5. In April of 2014, I changed carriers and got an HTC One M8, and these days there is rarely just one electronic device in operation at any given time, usually at least my Chromebook, and my M8.

I work as a Lube Technician, so basically I am a grease monkey, but I love it. If it has 8 or more cylinders; you have my attention. If it has 8 cylinders and was made between 1960 and 1970...you have my undivided attention.

My hobbies/interests are golf (my score card would argue that it is a hobby), fishing, cooking, and racing, specifically NASCAR. You know, that whole 8 cylinder thing again.

As I recall, my first stumbling onto this site was a Google result for upcoming news on a device. I honestly can't remember which device, as I was prowling the forums when I had my S2, at the time not really participating, just reading the news. In fact, I think the first question I answered dealt with an S2. History from then on.

I am very glad to be here. I am surprised at being asked to be an Ambassador so quickly, I was just having fun....

4,179 Posts
    Nexus 6 - CM13.0 w/6.0.1

Cool Meet the Ambassadors of Android Central

Greetings and salutations to one and all.

My name is Brian and I am an Android Central Ambassador.
    I was clandestinely approached in July, 2014 to join the Mobile Nations team.

Wherever there is injustice, you will find us.
    Wherever there is suffering, we'll be there.
    Wherever liberty is threatened, you will find, the AC Ambassadors.

Anyway, I live in the Metro Atlanta area.
    I am married. Her name is Andrea and we have a soon to be 8 year old son, Jackson.
    I have owned and driven nothing but Volkswagens, hence the screen name.
    Maverick was my nickname in high school (a long time ago, in a galaxy not so very far away)
    Currently I have a 1992 Jetta GTX in my garage along with the wife's 2004 Jetta GL.

I have been getting more and more tech savvy in the last few years.
    Like most guys, I like the gadgets
    Currently I have an Google Nexus 6 on Sprint. I gave the wife my previous LG G2. She also has a Kindle Fire 8.9" tablet and Jackson has a Samsung Tab 3.
    I have learned alot in the forums and threads and it goes from there. More than a few co-workers come to me with their little phone and tablet problems.

If you have any questions, let me, or any of the other Ambassadors know.

Thanks for reading.

8,786 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,146 Global Posts

Hello, I'm Tino and I love technology!

I live in the capital city of North Carolina.

I have a beautiful wife, an even prettier daughter (9 years old) and an awesome son (4 years old).

I was invited to become an Ambassador by Patrick on February 17 2014.

My first Android phone was the HTC Evo 4G, although I stop using it and went back to my beloved Palm Prē after a couple of months using both.

By the way, I bought my Palm Prē the day it was launched; June 6 2009.
    That day will stay in my mind forever! And the Prē too!

The second Android was the HTC Evo 3D, but again, only used it for a couple of months and kept the Prē.

Finally on September 17 2011 I got the Motorola Photon 4G and put my beloved Prē back into its box. Although I still use it from time to time, to get my fix on gestures and webOS in general.

After the Photon, I've had the Samsung Galaxy S4 and now the Samsung Galaxy S5.

My wife and I have a PalmPad each. We also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7".
    Of course, my son has taken ownership of the Galaxy Tab. He also loves technology!

Btw, my wife also has a HTC Thunderbolt and a Motorola Droid Razr, she uses them on WiFi only.

I have used a few iPads and the iPhone 3G, the 4 and 4S and also tested the 5S.
    I have to say, I love Apple computers, but the iPads and iPhones are boring!

Well, that's just a bit about me, my family and some of my tech. There's a lot more about us and I have used all kinds of phones and computing devices. But I don't want you to read books and books about that, after all, this is just an intro!

It's December 2014. One year ago I knew almost nothing about devices and operating systems. Then, March this year I acquired my first smartphone, a Lumia 520, and was immediately captivated by these near-magical devices. A couple of weeks later, a Nexus 5 followed, and so I entered green robot land. I joined AC in June. Most of what I've learnt about the OS and devices has come from that. It seemed natural to me to be active in the forums from the first, with the consequence that now, such a short time after joining, I have been surprised and honoured to be invited to accept Ambassadorship.
    Belodion is a dual being. It comes from my name, David, meaning BELOved, and my cat's name, Dennis, the Latin for which is DIONysius. One of us was born in the 20th century, the other in the 21st. One of us likes cameras, science fiction, and trying to understand what life, the universe and everything are all about, the other likes playing with feathers tied to lengths of string. Either approach is good.

For me, it's about smartphones....little devices you can carry around with you. PCs and tablets are not in the same spirit and don't interest me....no offence meant, it's just personal preference.
    Thank you to all at AC who have contributed to my smartphone education, and continue to do so. For my part I'll do my best to help with the promotion and understanding of what I think of as a great and interesting experiment: the Android OS and its devices....and of course, the AC forums.☺😺

Dave (UK).

I joined AC around 3/2012 after checking out various Android forums--what struck me most about AC was the real civility and friendliness of the discourse, as well as how helpful people are. It was refreshing not to see trolling, excessive snarkiness, and all around Simpsons-Comic-Book-Guy behavior. The first time I made a suggestion and received a hearty thanks from another member was a total rush--I needed more. And now I can't stop. The first step is recognizing that you have a problem ...

At some point, my silly little posts started attracting the attention of the venerable Paul627g, who invited me to become an Ambassador, which was an honor. It was even better getting the opportunity to work with the great team of Ambassadors and Moderators we have here. Then at some point, they made me Senior Ambassador--I think it's because I'm old and cranky. GET OFFA MY LAWN! But seriously, I continue to get a lot of enjoyment out of this endeavor. Helping people is so much more fun than being a jerky troll.

Before Android came out, I was stuck in the doldrums of Windows Mobile--started out with a Samsung SCH-i760 (what a memorable name), then a Samsung Omnia. At that time, it was painfully clear that nothing much was happening with Windows Mobile, so I made the jump to my first Android phone, the HTC Droid Incredible. What. A. Difference. After a couple of years with that phone, upgraded to the Droid Razr Maxx, which was a solid performer for most of its life, until it started to get a serious case of the lags. Made the jump to the big time with the Nexus 5, and it's been smooth and powerful ever since. Along the way, I also picked up an Acer A100, Acer A500, Asus TF300T, and a Nexus 7 (both 2012 and 2013). I love the flexibility and customizability of Android, as well as the close integration with Google. Still haven't tried rooting, though--I guess stock Android does enough for me!

I'm a doctor in the Silicon Valley area, practicing hospital medicine (what's known as a "hospitalist"). This means I only see sick patients in the hospital, rather than being a clinic doctor. My trusty Nexus 5 is pretty helpful for looking up important medical info or doing special calculations, but unfortunately the software for electronic charting still isn't that good for mobile devices. I'm married and have one cute, smart, energetic, and loud 5 year old daughter.

My avatar, for all of you non-nerds out there, is Crow T. Robot, from Mystery Science Theater 3000, the greatest show ever made about the worst movies ever made. I figured he would be appropriate for an Android forum, although he's really just a straight-up robot ...

My real name is Corey. I got my login from combining my town with a little play on words. I live in Leominster, Massachusetts (hence the 'Leo')... Leo also meaning lion, the king of the jungle and all that. This bit explains the addition of Rex. So I'm the King. The Avatar is, of course, the famous Beaker. I gravitated to his likeness during a rather stressful stint at my previous company. His frantic energy and demeanour embodied my professional life perfectly at the time. Plus, Beaker rules.

I'm 40 year old Software QA engineer and I've been working in the field for nearly 20 years now. I studied Physics in college, but I had foreseen a long and desolate life, sitting in the bowels of some lab somewhere, so I took a job as a co-op working at a nearby networking company doing software quality assurance doing what I did best; fuss around with computers to the point of breaking, then figuring out what I did wrong and fixing it. It was a match made in career heaven and I've stuck in the field since.

I'm now in the beginning of my second decade of marriage and have two kids and a very understanding wife. A voracious lover of technology, I've always tried to snag whatever new toys that my situation allows (re: understanding wife). It all started back when I was a little kid and my dad would buy me the latest and greatest new toy. Whether it be a Intellivision, ADAM computer or Nintendo ES (I had the one with the stupid gyro robot) I've always had some new whiz-bang to play with. And that childhood obsession continues to today.

Basically, if I got my hands on it, chances are I've taken it apart and put it back together.... looking around in every little nook and cranny with an insatiable urge to discover everything I can about whatever it is sitting in front of me. So whether its diving deep into the world of wakelocks, or removing a sock that has jammed up the turbine of my washing machine...

My first true smartphone was a Samsung Galaxy Stellar, picked up in November of 2012 (not coincidentally the same time I joined Android Central). Up until that point, I admired them from afar, thanks to Verizon's two year contract cycle and high data plan prices. I've since moved to T-Mobile, whose JUMP program is enabling me to now bounce around from phone to phone. I currently own, and very much enjoy, a Google Nexus 6 and I'm the family caretaker of my wife's LG G3, a battle-worn Google Nexus 7 and that venerable and old Stellar, which now serves as my oldest's 'phone'. Between those, two laptops, two Nintendo 3DSs and other random assorted bits of technology in my house, I'm often kept busy keeping the machine moving.

So I'm happy to be joining the AC Ambassador ranks and I hope I can add value to the squad.

I'm Kelly and joined AC the first of 2012, but was a reader before that. I am also the tech person in my family and even when it is something I know nothing about, they don't believe me and insist I handle it. I am self taught on all technology, except for one thing, my Daddy made me learn DOS when I was young and he taught me the beginnings.

I don't have different phone brands, I pretty much stick to Samsung. I have been toying with the idea in the last year of trying out some different brands though. I've had almost every S line Samsung and have had every Note line Samsung. One thing I always like about AC, was it could be as technical or as layperson as I needed for my knowledge at the time. It was the one place that I would see members jumping in and helping when people had questions, as much as any team member did. The members being so willing to help, was the one thing that always brought me to AC the most to get news and find answers to issues I had. AC members love to talk about their phones and any new things they discover or issues they are having so I could always find info I needed.

I work in local government and that has forced a habit for me to always look for a more cost effective, work effective way to do things, not just to do it like it has always been done. That has really pushed me to learn things myself, because most in the government don't want to learn a different way. I enjoy learning new technology and I do enjoy teaching myself. I seem to learn much quicker when I just dive in and try, than when I go through formal training. I am honored and happy to be a member of the Ambassador Team here at Android Central!

What is going on! My name is Andre

A little about me, I work in IT doing File Share Management for a company in Jacksonville, FL. I would like to say I am pretty laid back and ready to help anyone who needs help. Around the office I am known as "The Phone Guy" mainly because I switch phones so much. People are always coming to my desk asking questions or needing help to fix their phones of which I am happy to do.

I like to refer to myself as a Gadgetfile, if that isn't a word then it is now. (I'll make the WiKi later) I have owned a VERY wide ranged of devices in my life so I would like to think I know a little bit about a lot of devices.

If anyone ever needs help please don't hesitate to hit me up. I'll do my best to find the answer and if I can't find it I'll keep looking!

Hi everyone! As you can see my name is Javier and I'm from Madrid.

I used to pay my bills programming for big companies with huge mainframes. I loved that job and the logic involved in writing code and troubleshooting. But travelling was a bigger passion and I left Spain with a backpack and a one way ticket. After some years on the road kind of settled down in Brazil where I live now with my family. At that time there weren't such things as laptops, smartphones or even that funny thing called Internet, and never had that kind of job again. Oh yes! I'm a bit old

When I joined Android Central I was a complete newbie with Android and this forum was the perfect introduction to the green robot world. Recently the AC guys decided that I wasn't a newbie anymore and invited me to be an Ambassador. For me it's an honour making part of this great team.

This is a great place to learn, share what you know and help people that are having problems with their great gadgets. And above all, having fun in the process. And that's what I'll try to keep doing here.

See you around the forums! Cheers!

Hi everyone I'm Josh and I am coming to you from Cairns Australia. Ever seen the movie "finding nemo", that's where I live.

My screen name comes from my days competing in Athletics. I was a Australian champion triple jumper and still even hold an Australian record.

For employment I am in fire protection and specialise in marine Fire detection systems. I service everything from small fishing vessels to huge cruise ships or bulk carriers. I love the variety of these tasks and see a lot of Australia and the world fixing things. This also involves some very old kit, some systems still require a Dos OS to communicate with!
    I am also the IT guy so look after our couple of severs and all the mobile Tech.

Before Fire protection I was a sales guy for Sun Microsystems. As a computer nerd this was awesome and got to see and upgrade some cool data centres.

Even before that I was an onsite computer technician. This made me hate computers and I was pretty glad to get out of that. Arrrgh users!

Outside of work I have a wife and two little monsters... Oh I mean children. I still like my sport, but the body is getting slower. Only 35, but the triple jump took a toll. I have a slight Smartwatch addiction, ever since the first pebble. I am actually an Ambassador over on Connectedly as well and one of their very first competition winners; a Qualcomm Toq smartwatch. I went through a bit of a kickstarter phase as well gathering Bluetooth trackers, powered paper planes and even a Bluetooth controlled winch!

I first came to Android Central when I purchased a HP Touchpad in the fire sale. I have tried all the styles of phones with a few IPhones, Windows mobile and for awhile now Android. Ever since my Galaxy S2 I have been tinkering to make the phone suit my needs.

At the moment I have a Nexus 5, a surface pro 2 and the touchpad still kicking as my solar power monitor. I am looking forward to becoming more involved in AC and helping as much as I can.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I’m Kevin (31 years young) and I’ve been a member of AC since Sept 2013 – in the beginning I would float in and out of forums, recently though I’ve became a lot more involved with helping people out (to the best of my ability) I was approached in Sept 2015 and asked if I would like to join the Ambassadors team, which I respectfully accepted. It’s an honour to be part of a great team.

I’ve always been an Android guy. My first Android phone was the Samsung Galaxy S. Last year I pretty much had all the flagships at one point, but my habit became too hard to keep up with, plus my wife was getting angry so I decided to settle down with just one or maybe two devices a year. I currently support the Moto X Style (Pure) and a Nexus 7 (2013).

I’ve been married for 2 years; we got married in Paris, baby boy on the way and I couldn’t be happier. I work as a Reconciliation Analysis for a Life Insurance company in Glasgow Scotland. That’s when you’ll more than likely find me on the AC forums (when I should be working)

Oh and for anyone who is wondering, I’m 9 feet tall only kidding, the name came from my wife actually. She’s just a bit taller than 5 foot, whenever she can't reach something in the cupboards or anything up high all I would hear is “Tall Guy help” so the name stuck.

Android Central and Mobile Nations is a great place to learn about anything mobile. I love coming to the forums to share my assistance, help out when I can and say hello to new members.

Thanks for reading and have a great day

Kevin (Tall guy)

Hello all,

I’m OceanView, I love the ocean, what can I say. Being from So Cal, I have had the opportunity to always be close to the water and enjoy the beauty and serenity of being around it.

I’m a former iPhone user that saw the benefits of Android and have been hooked ever since I switched to the Note 1. At the time, I had no previous experience with Android and had lots of questions about it. Android Central was the only website/forum that I felt had a friendly non confrontational and yet informative group of people that made my transition to Android painless. And the best part, I no longer go to any fruit company forums. Ha ha.
    Now that I have been asked to be a member of the ambassador team, I would like to return the favor and do my part to be helpful in any way.

“My name is OceanView, I’m a Phoneaholic” haha. WIth a new phone coming out almost every other month, I can’t help but try them out. It’s my sickness. As a photographer I love to compare the capabilities of the latest phones and anticipate each improvement. I finally feel that I can leave my big camera at home when I go out (except on paid assignments) and use my Smartphone.

Currently I’m using a Samsung Note 5, Note 4, S6 and an iPhone 6S plus. I feel that phones in 2016 will be ones that I can finally keep for a longer period of time. Maybe a full year this time ! haha. What can I say, I love all the improvements in the phones coming out and I feel compelled to test them out. I call it research!

See you in the forums!
    Almeuit, STARGATE, davidnc and 5 others like this.

Hello! My name is Sydney. I'm a 35 year old teacher (band nerd) and live in north Texas (yee-haw!). I am also married and have a five year old daughter

I came to Android Central back in 2012 and started in Mobile Nations a lonnnnnnggggg time ago over at Crackberry (I adored my pink Blackberry Curve). I pretty much just love all mobile gadgets. I love how far mobile tech has come and am so excited to see its future. I dabble in pretty much every OS. There are things that I love about every platform! I currently have a Galaxy S6, 2015 Moto G, and an iPhone 6S Plus.

I am very, very excited to be an ambassador for Android Central and looking forward to help!

3,762 Posts
    Arctic Hd

Hello everyone! My name is Trenton and I'm 26 years old. I have a 4 year old son and a 8 year old daughter. I reside in Middle Tennessee area. It's such a wonderful place to live. We get to experience well rounded seasons. We get the few 100°+ days in summer and several single digit days in winter. Then everything else between. I work for Ajax Turner, local Anheuser Busch distributor, as a service representative. Aka I drive a semi and deliver product to stores and provide customer service services. I've been a professional driver for the last 5 years.

If you are wondering where my name comes from, well it comes from one of my several hobbies. I was into the car scene and sliding (drifting) when I was a little younger. I was known as the lowest 240sx around back then. Hence my username. Other major hobbies consist of guns, BOB/EOW prepper, and formerly into RC car/trucks.

I came to AC back in 2012 when I first started out in the Android world with a HTC Hero followed soon after the OG HTC Evo 4G (WiMax). Former devices was Palm Trio 650. I dabbled in the forums here and there. Later moved on to the Motorola Razr for a year until moving to a BB. Found my way to the S4. Enjoyed it so much I jumped on the S6 when it launched. Since then, I've gotten very active back in the forums. I soon noticed that I could be help to a lot of people out there on the forum. I started watching the S6 forums like a hawk. It wasn't until being offered a position of Ambassador to see how much more I could help this great forum.

I have background in rooting and rom'ing most major devices over the past several years. If I see a question I can't answer, I will attempt to find the answer.

I have a sour spot for Apple and iOS but there are great devices for the older non techy people IMO. Just putting that out there. I enjoy all techy toys and gadgets.

All in all, I love Android and glad to be a part of this great forum. Glad to have this opportunity to be an Ambassador and further help users.

Current devices: Galaxy S6 , Nexus 7 (2013), and Motorola Droid Turbo.