Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree181Likes
  • 17 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 14 Post By B. Diddy
  • 13 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 13 Post By srkmagnus
  • 10 Post By UJ95x
  • 10 Post By wizzrah
  • 6 Post By Almeuit
  • 6 Post By VW Maverick
  • 8 Post By SpookDroid
  • 6 Post By belodion
  • 2 Post By STARGATE
  • 5 Post By LeoRex
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    24,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Meet the Ambassadors of Android Central

Meet the Ambassadors of Android Central

Everyday Android Central is viewed by thousands of guests and members. People come here looking for help, research and often just general discussion for their Android devices. We have assembled a group known as the Android Central Ambassadors which aside from being like you and me are dedicated & knowledgeable volunteers that give back to this great community each day by helping you. We hold our Ambassadors with the highest regard for their participation and helping us achieve the overall goal of making your forum experience the best it can be.

In the following posts you will find a small intro/bio written by some of the Ambassadors so you can get to know a little more about them.

Some goals/tasks of an Ambassador

• Welcoming new members to the community
    • Responding to unanswered questions & provide direction or solutions.
    • Writing informative guides & tutorials
    • Ongoing support & participation in various devices and areas within the forums.
    • Respect for the community and its members.

How are Ambassadors selected?

• Android Central Ambassador Team Leader
    • Android Central Moderators identify any outstanding members who may be a good fit for the program
    • Sometimes we even explore members who ask or offer to join the program

Android Central Ambassador Staff

Ambassador Team Leader

Ambassadors

Android Central RETIRED Ambassadors

Below are names of great ex-Ambassadors that volunteered their time and knowledge. Even though they may no longer wear the badge of an Ambassador they still continue to be productive and involved members of the community. Big thanks to them!

• srkmagnus (now a Moderator)
    • mumfoau
    • ffejjj
    • VDub2174 (now a Moderator)
    • Haalcyon
    • Eclipse2K
    • EvilMonkey
    • Assassin Droid (now a Moderator)
    • Scott Kenyon
    • 2defmouze
    • DroidXcon
    • creccaj1
    • Jaquarr40
    • meyerweb
    • dmmarck (now a retired Moderator)
    • SkunkApe60
    • zero neck
    • PVilleComp
    • Paul627g (now Moderator Team Leader)
    • JayWill72
    • Devinator
    • Kevin O'Quinn (now a retired Moderator Team Leader)

Default Meet the Ambassadors of Android Central

Hi all! My name's Bill, aka B. Diddy, and I'm totally honored and flattered to be invited to join the Ambassadors. I joined AC around 3/2012 after checking out various Android forums--what struck me most about AC was the real civility and friendliness of the discourse, as well as how helpful people are. It was refreshing not to see trolling, excessive snarkiness, and all around Simpsons-Comic-Book-Guy behavior. Over the past year, I've participated more and more as my experience has grown, and it's been gratifying to see that I'm able to help people figure Android out. So to be recognized as an Ambassador is a real thrill!

Before Android came out, I was stuck in the doldrums of Windows Mobile--started out with a Samsung SCH-i760 (what a memorable name), then a Samsung Omnia. At that time, it was painfully clear that nothing much was happening with Windows Mobile, so I made the jump to my first Android phone, the HTC Droid Incredible. What. A. Difference. After a couple of years with that phone, upgraded to the Droid Razr Maxx, which was a solid performer for most of its life, until recently when it started to get a serious case of the lags. Made the jump to the big time with the Nexus 5, and it's been smooth and powerful. Along the way, I also picked up an Acer A100, Acer A500 which I subsequently traded in for an Asus TF300, and a Nexus 7 (both 2012 and 2013). I love the flexibility and customizability of Android, as well as the close integration with Google. Still haven't tried rooting, though--I guess stock Android does enough for me!

I'm a doctor in the Silicon Valley area, practicing hospital medicine (what's known as a "hospitalist"). This means I only see sick patients in the hospital, rather than being a clinic doctor. My trusty Nexus 5 is pretty helpful for looking up important medical info or doing special calculations, but unfortunately the software for electronic charting still isn't that good for mobile devices. I'm married and have one cute, smart, energetic, and loud 4 year old daughter.

My avatar, for all of you non-nerds out there, is Crow T. Robot, from Mystery Science Theater 3000, the greatest show ever made about the worst movies ever made. I figured he would be appropriate for an Android forum, although he's really just a straight-up robot ...
    Thanked by 5:
    VDub2174, davidnc, Johnly and 11 others like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    24,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Please welcome GolfDriver97 to the Ambassadors

Hi, I'm Joe....And I am a tech junkie...

Well, where to begin, other than the beginning? For starters, I joined Android in late November of 2011, starting off with a Sprint Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch (always a mouthful), coming from a Sanyo Innuendo. I learned how to root the device in under three months, with the first two just spent learning how to work Android. Then, the following October I picked up a Galaxy S3, and I am currently running M.O.A.R v.4.0. During that time I also acquired a Galaxy Tab 2, and these days there is rarely just one electronic device in operation at any given time, usually at least my PC, and my S3.

I work as a Lube Technician, so basically I am a grease monkey, but I love it. If it has 8 or more cylinders; you have my attention. If it has 8 cylinders and was made between 1960 and 1970...you have my undivided attention.

My hobbies/interests are golf (my score card would argue that it is a hobby), fishing, cooking, and racing, specifically NASCAR. You know, that whole 8 cylinder thing again.

As I recall, my first stumbling onto this site was a Google result for upcoming news on a device. I honestly can't remember which device, as I was prowling the forums when I had my S2, at the time not really participating, just reading the news. In fact, I think the first question I answered dealt with an S2. History from then on.

I am very glad to be here. I am surprised at being asked to be an Ambassador so quickly, I was just having fun....

Joe.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
    Thanked by 6:
    VDub2174, davidnc, Johnly and 10 others like this.

Global Posts
    10,195 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Introductions

Hello Everyone! My name is Chris and I recently was asked to be a part of the Ambassador Team, which I gladly accepted. I stumbled upon Androidcentral a few years ago when I would lookup news for my HTC Hero and check for Gbhil's updates to his Gumbo ROM for the Hero - Jerry, we want some more Gumbo! I found the forums and site very helpful in my early days with Android and always found it best to give back by helping everyone out whenever possible and being respectful while doing it. Never did I think of becoming a part of the AC team simply by having fun and being helpful to the members on the forums.

About myself, well , I'm married with children (I love that show) and enjoy every minute of it. I'm a Planner for a City east of Los Angeles and spend my days reviewing commercial and residential developments. Each day brings new challenges and that keeps work interesting. During my spare time I enjoy hanging out with the wife and kids, playing Xbox (COD series of games), working on things around the house or popping into the forums to see what's going on. My current devices are a Sprint Epic 4G Touch and a Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Well, thats me in nutshell. I look forward to working with everyone and contributing whenever possible. If my assistance is ever needed dont hesitate to send me a PM and Ill do my best to help.

- Chris
    Thanked by 2:
    VDub2174, davidnc, Johnly and 10 others like this.

Global Posts
    9,621 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Default Re: Lets give a huge welcome to UJ95x to the Ambassadors!

Hello everyone!

My name is Tony, I've been a member of AC for a few months and I was recently asked to be a part to the Ambassador team.

I've always been the go-to guy for anything related to technology in my family, whether it was for troubleshooting someone's PC or helping them with bugs on their phones. I'm basically the only "techie" so they really have nobody else to ask

Anyway, unlike most of my fellow ambassadors, I don't have a long list of phones that I have played and tinkered with. I got my first smartphone as a gift a couple of years ago (Samsung Admire) and I had that for about a year and a half, when it decided to stop working. I then went and picked up the phone I'm currently using (GS4)
    At first I was happy with the stock ROM but after a couple of months I just had to get rid of TouchWiz. That's when I started looking into rooting and flashing custom ROMs, which after a couple of weeks of looking, ended up bringing me here. I asked my questions and once I was confident enough, managed to root my phone and flash my first custom ROM.
    Ever since then I've been on here almost every day trying to help out other members of the AC Community with their questions and issues. I look forward to working with the rest of the team to continue to help out other avid Android fans

And now, to really introduce myself. I'm a first year college student at CSUF, currently majoring in engineering. Kind of goes along with my "obsession" with technology :P I live in southern California, a few minutes from Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm so I'm constantly visiting both parks. I have 1 brother and two sisters, none of which are even slightly addicted to Android, or anything regarding technology.

Well, I think pretty much sums up what I like to do, both on the site and in real life. It's an honor to carry the ambassador title and I'd like to thank Paul627g for inviting me, and the rest of the team for the warm welcome.

Thanks again everyone,
    -Tony
    Thanked by 2:
    VDub2174, pkcable, davidnc and 7 others like this.

Global Posts
    4,591 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Default Re: [DRAFT] Public Ambassador Introductions

Hey there peeps!

My name is Luis and I've finally been chosen to be an Ambassador, WOO! *crickets chirping* While I should be more professional in a lot of areas, I sometimes feel like it's good to have humor put into things once in a while. This is exactly why I like Android Central. It's a great community where I feel like I fit in. A big plus is that it's dedicated to something I really love to learn about: Phones! I've used AC for years but don't know why I didn't make an account sooner. I don't even remember why I signed up, but it just happened. That's when the AC life started for me! All of this makes me feel glad I did decide to sign up. As for my phone background, I started off with a Sony Ericsson W810i, then a Samsung Sunburst, and finally an HTC One X (that I still use as my main phone). The HTC One X is a phone I have mastered. I gained some sort of name for myself when I released a toolkit for the One X that allows you to unlock bootloaders, root, etc. with a few clicks. I guess I did good because even people from XDA started to email me purely from the posts and projects I put up on Android Central. I hope to bring inspiration to other developers with my projects. The thing that surprised me about AC was the level of friendliness, and I think that's what touched me the most. To me, Android Central will always be my home.

As for personal stuff, I am a sophomore in high school (at least in this moment in time). My favorite subject would be mathematics (which would explain why I'm the only sophomore learning Calculus in my school). I'm constantly being pounded by my College level courses, but I somehow manage to fit in life and time to breathe. It's stressful, but I believe persistence and hard work will pay off. I hope to go to a university after I graduate from high school. I was looking into MIT, but it feels a bit daunting + I am in California, so Massachusetts is a bit far away. UC Berkeley and Stanford are some other interesting universities as well that have captivated me. I am a track star known mostly for my long distance runs. I represent my school track team by running the 1600m and 3200m runs. In my spare time, I like to program/code in various languages such as HTML, CSS, some Javascript, some PHP, Visual Basic, and the list will probably go on for quite some time. I know Linux/ some Unix commands (I make websites all by myself! :P). My newest venture in programming is jQuery . Of course if I'm not programming, I'm out running, hanging out with friends, or posting on Android Central.

I love helping people and more importantly, learning from people's experiences. With this, I hope to do the best I can and fulfill my role as an Ambassador! I hope to bring pep, "class", and most importantly, FUN, to the community. In essence, I will try to do the best I can, for as long as I can. Of course none of this would of happened if it weren't for Patrick Schroedl and I sincerely thank him for giving me this opportunity to be involved with such a great group. I am psyched to be working with you guys in making this community better, and expect only the greatest of things!

As Bob Marley once said: The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.

Thanks for reading my rant

-Luis

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
    Thanked by 5:
    pkcable, davidnc, Johnly and 7 others like this.

Hello! My name is Jason (a.k.a Almeuit) and I am an Android Central Ambassador! I am also just a normal geek who absolutely loves technology and other things of that nature! ^_^

I am 26 years old and currently live in Jacksonville, FL. I have mostly my whole life (except I did live in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba once on the base.. parents in the Navy). I personally love it here because I dont have to deal with snow :P. I have an associates degree in Computer Networking and currently am working for the Government supporting various applications for the Navy.

As for me I would say my computer addition really started around 9 when my dad got me my first computer from there the rest is history. I have always been a PC addict and I am a gamer as well. I am the type that will never buy a store bought PC as I would rather put it together myself (more cost effective as well!). Since this is an Android Forum and all though I am also a smart-phone addict (wait..you guessed? How?). I love having a computer in my pocket. I currently am rocking a Note 3 but that soon may turn into a Note 4 .. or who knows? I jumped around form the S2 to the HTC One to the Note 3 I have no preference really. I just like having really good tech in my hands. If you are new here you will also learn that I tend to love networks so I love discussing carries and plans. I am a huge fan of unlimited data plans (yay for T-Mobile!) because I like the ability to not be tied-down to WiFi. I still use WiFi at my house and things but at work I am mainly stuck on mobile data so I like being unrestricted on my usage. Now that being said there is no best network for anyone but I do love T-Mobile for my needs and my wallet ($)!

Well I guess that about sums it up. If you ever need anything at all please do not hesitate to ask and I will do the best to find out the answer .. or I will call on my fellow Ambassadors to ensure you are taken care of!

Thanks for reading my babble ^_^.

-Jason
    Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S6 (32 GB) using AC Forums.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    2,985 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus 6 w/5.1 & LED.

Greetings and salutations to one and all.

My name is Brian and I am an Android Central Ambassador.
    I was drafted (happily) in July, 2014 to join the Mobile Nations team.
    Wherever there is in justice, you will find us. Wherever there is suffering, we'll be there. Wherever liberty is threatened, you will find, the Android Central Ambassadors.

Anyway, I live in the Metro Atlanta area. Married, her name is Andrea and a 7 year old son, Jackson.
    I have owned and driven nothing but Volkswagens, hence the screen name.
    Maverick was my nickname in high school (a long time ago, in a galaxy not so very far away)
    Currently I have a 1992 Jetta GTX in my garage along with the wife's 2004 Jetta GL.

I have been getting more and more tech savvy in the last few years.
    Like most guys, I like the gadgets
    Currently I have an LG G3 on Sprint. I gave the wife my previous G2. She also has a Kindle Fire 8.9" tablet and Jackson has a Samsung Tab 3.
    I have learned alot in the forums and threads and it goes from there. More than a few co-workers come to me with their little phone and tablet problems.

I serve at the pleasure of the Patrick. Schroedl that is.
    Hope it is for a long while.

Any questions, let me, or any of the other Ambassadors know.

Thanks for reading.
    Brian.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Hello friends!

My name is Nick (OK, not my real name, but we'll get to that), but my friends call me Spook, and I got recruited to the Secret Order of the Android Central Ambassadors in July 2014. We're very jealous about the secrecy thing, so don't tell anyone, alrighty?

I used to live in Mexico, but have now moved to Carlsbad, California. I've always loved all things that go 'beep' in the night as my parents can attest. The moment I came face to face with a computer, I was hooked. Naturally, I pursued a career that had to do with just that, getting a degree in Electronics and a Master in Robotics. That Skynet thing you saw on Terminator? I was building that. But for the sake of humanity, life put me on a different path and now I design, build, and establish processes for building golf clubs.

But my love for Electronics never died, and I'm the kind of guy friends go to for advice on gadgets, tech, and computer stuff. And I love it! I've always loved being able to help people, which incidentally, fits perfectly with the AC Ambassador profile. So, if there's anything I can help with, I will certainly try to do so.

As for the Mobile scene and because I love Android, I'm currently rocking a Galaxy Note 3 as my daily Driver, a Galaxy Note 10.1 as my trusty tablet and note-taking gizmo, and I also own an iPhone for work and an iPod for music.

So here I am, at your service and at the service of the AC Ambassador Team. The Secret one.

Still reading this far? Great! Now you'll know the secret of my real name: It's Israel. So why Nick? Apparently, I don't look like an Israel and have the face of a Nick, or at least that's what the guy who introduced me to my group on my first day of College thought, because he told everyone my name was Nick, and it stuck. My nickname, however, dates back to my early days of High School, where word got out that I was a fan of The X-Files, and since the main character was called Fox "Spooky" Mulder, they started calling me Spooky, but ended up dropping the 'y'.
    Thanked by 3:

It's December 2014. One year ago I knew almost nothing about devices and operating systems. Then, March this year I acquired my first smartphone, a Lumia 520, and was immediately captivated by these near-magical devices. A couple of weeks later, a Nexus 5 followed, and so I entered green robot land. I joined AC in June. Most of what I've learnt about the OS and devices has come from that. It seemed natural to me to be active in the forums from the first, with the consequence that now, such a short time after joining, I have been surprised and honoured to be invited to accept Ambassadorship.
    Belodion is a dual being. It comes from my name, David, meaning BELOved, and my cat's name, Dennis, the Latin for which is DIONysius. One of us was born in the 20th century, the other in the 21st. One of us likes cameras, science fiction, and trying to understand what life, the universe and everything are all about, the other likes playing with feathers tied to lengths of string. Either approach is good.

For me, it's about smartphones....little devices you can carry around with you. PCs and tablets are not in the same spirit and don't interest me....no offence meant, it's just personal preference.
    Thank you to all at AC who have contributed to my smartphone education, and continue to do so. For my part I'll do my best to help with the promotion and understanding of what I think of as a great and interesting experiment: the Android OS and its devices....and of course, the AC forums.☺😺

Posted via the Android Central App
    Thanked by 4:

Global Posts
    7,387 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Default Re: Meet the Ambassadors of Android Central

Hello, I'm Tino and I love technology!

I live in the capital city of North Carolina.

I have a beautiful wife, an even prettier daughter (9 years old) and an awesome son (4 years old).

I was invited to become an Ambassador by Patrick on February 17 2014.

My first Android phone was the HTC Evo 4G, although I stop using it and went back to my beloved Palm Prē after a couple of months using both.

By the way, I bought my Palm Prē the day it was launched; June 6 2009.
    That day will stay in my mind forever! And the Prē too!

The second Android was the HTC Evo 3D, but again, only used it for a couple of months and kept the Prē.

Finally on September 17 2011 I got the Motorola Photon 4G and put my beloved Prē back into its box. Although I still use it from time to time, to get my fix on gestures and webOS in general.

After the Photon, I've had the Samsung Galaxy S4 and now the Samsung Galaxy S5.

My wife and I have a PalmPad each. We also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7".
    Of course, my son has taken ownership of the Galaxy Tab. He also loves technology!

Btw, my wife also has a HTC Thunderbolt and a Motorola Droid Razr, she uses them on WiFi only.

I have used a few iPads and the iPhone 3G, the 4 and 4S and also tested the 5S.
    I have to say, I love Apple computers, but the iPads and iPhones are boring!

Well, that's just a bit about me, my family and some of my tech. There's a lot more about us and I have used all kinds of phones and computing devices. But I don't want you to read books and books about that, after all, this is just an intro!

Tino.
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    Thanked by 2:
    Golfdriver97 and Madd54 like this.

Hello!

My real name is Corey. I got my login from combining my town with a little play on words. I live in Leominster, Massachusetts (hence the 'Leo')... Leo also meaning lion, the king of the jungle and all that. This bit explains the addition of Rex. So I'm the King. The Avatar is, of course, the famous Beaker. I gravitated to his likeness during a rather stressful stint at my previous company. His frantic energy and demeanour embodied my professional life perfectly at the time. Plus, Beaker rules.

I'm 40 year old Software QA engineer and I've been working in the field for nearly 20 years now. I studied Physics in college, but I had foreseen a long and desolate life, sitting in the bowels of some lab somewhere, so I took a job as a co-op working at a nearby networking company doing software quality assurance doing what I did best; fuss around with computers to the point of breaking, then figuring out what I did wrong and fixing it. It was a match made in career heaven and I've stuck in the field since.

I'm now in the beginning of my second decade of marriage and have two kids and a very understanding wife. A voracious lover of technology, I've always tried to snag whatever new toys that my situation allows (re: understanding wife). It all started back when I was a little kid and my dad would buy me the latest and greatest new toy. Whether it be a Intellivision, ADAM computer or Nintendo ES (I had the one with the stupid gyro robot) I've always had some new whiz-bang to play with. And that childhood obsession continues to today.

Basically, if I got my hands on it, chances are I've taken it apart and put it back together.... looking around in every little nook and cranny with an insatiable urge to discover everything I can about whatever it is sitting in front of me. So whether its diving deep into the world of wakelocks, or removing a sock that has jammed up the turbine of my washing machine...

My first true smartphone was a Samsung Galaxy Stellar, picked up in November of 2012 (not coincidentally the same time I joined Android Central). Up until that point, I admired them from afar, thanks to Verizon's two year contract cycle and high data plan prices. I've since moved to T-Mobile, whose JUMP program is enabling me to now bounce around from phone to phone. I currently own, and very much enjoy, a Google Nexus 6 and I'm the family caretaker of my wife's LG G3, a battle-worn Google Nexus 7 and that venerable and old Stellar, which now serves as my oldest's 'phone'. Between those, two laptops, two Nintendo 3DSs and other random assorted bits of technology in my house, I'm often kept busy keeping the machine moving.

So I'm happy to be joining the AC Ambassador ranks and I hope I can add value to the squad.
    Thanked by 3: