• 10 Post By Eclipse2K
  • 8 Post By UJ95x
  • 7 Post By wizzrah
  • 6 Post By ffejjj
  • 3 Post By Almeuit
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Meet the Ambassadors of Android Central

Meet the Ambassadors of Android Central

Everyday Android Central is viewed by thousands of guests and members. People come here looking for help, research and often just general discussion for their Android devices. We have assembled a group known as the Android Central Ambassadors which aside from being like you and me are dedicated & knowledgeable volunteers that give back to this great community each day by helping you. We hold our Ambassadors with the highest regard for their participation and helping us achieve the overall goal of making your forum experience the best it can be.

In the following posts you will find a small intro/bio written by some of the Ambassadors so you can get to know a little more about them.

Patrick Schroedl
    Mobile Nations Ambassador Team Leader, Android Central.

Some goals/tasks of an Ambassador

• Welcoming new members to the community
    • Responding to unanswered questions & provide direction or solutions.
    • Writing informative guides & tutorials
    • Ongoing support & participation in various devices and areas within the forums.
    • Respect for the community and its members.

How are Ambassadors selected?

• Android Central Ambassador Team Leader
    • Android Central Moderators identify any outstanding members who may be a good fit for the program
    • Sometimes we even explore members who ask or offer to join the program

Android Central Ambassador Staff

Android Central RETIRED Ambassadors

Below are names of great ex-Ambassadors that volunteered their time and knowledge. Even though they may no longer wear the badge of an Ambassador they still continue to be productive and involved members of the community. Big thanks to them!

• EvilMonkey
    • Scott Kenyon
    • 2defmouze
    • DroidXcon
    • creccaj1
    • Jaquarr40
    • meyerweb
    • dmmarck
    • SkunkApe60
    • zero neck
    • PVilleComp
    • JayWill72
    • Devinator
    Last edited by Patrick Schroedl; 03-13-2014 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Typo correction :D

Default Re: Introductions

Hi all! My name's Bill, aka B. Diddy, and I'm totally honored and flattered to be invited to join the Ambassadors. I joined AC around 3/2012 after checking out various Android forums--what struck me most about AC was the real civility and friendliness of the discourse, as well as how helpful people are. It was refreshing not to see trolling, excessive snarkiness, and all around Simpsons-Comic-Book-Guy behavior. Over the past year, I've participated more and more as my experience has grown, and it's been gratifying to see that I'm able to help people figure Android out. So to be recognized as an Ambassador is a real thrill!

Before Android came out, I was stuck in the doldrums of Windows Mobile--started out with a Samsung SCH-i760 (what a memorable name), then a Samsung Omnia. At that time, it was painfully clear that nothing much was happening with Windows Mobile, so I made the jump to my first Android phone, the HTC Droid Incredible. What. A. Difference. After a couple of years with that phone, upgraded to the Droid Razr Maxx, which was a solid performer for most of its life, until recently when it started to get a serious case of the lags. Made the jump to the big time with the Nexus 5, and it's been smooth and powerful. Along the way, I also picked up an Acer A100, Acer A500 which I subsequently traded in for an Asus TF300, and a Nexus 7 (both 2012 and 2013). I love the flexibility and customizability of Android, as well as the close integration with Google. Still haven't tried rooting, though--I guess stock Android does enough for me!

I'm a doctor in the Silicon Valley area, practicing hospital medicine (what's known as a "hospitalist"). This means I only see sick patients in the hospital, rather than being a clinic doctor. My trusty Nexus 5 is pretty helpful for looking up important medical info or doing special calculations, but unfortunately the software for electronic charting still isn't that good for mobile devices. I'm married and have one cute, smart, energetic, and loud 4 year old daughter.

My avatar, for all of you non-nerds out there, is Crow T. Robot, from Mystery Science Theater 3000, the greatest show ever made about the worst movies ever made. I figured he would be appropriate for an Android forum, although he's really just a straight-up robot ...
    Last edited by B. Diddy; 01-31-2014 at 02:57 AM.
    Thanked by 3:
    VDub2174, davidnc, Johnly and 8 others like this.

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Please welcome GolfDriver97 to the Ambassadors

Hi, I'm Joe....And I am a tech junkie...

Well, where to begin, other than the beginning? For starters, I joined Android in late November of 2011, starting off with a Sprint Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch (always a mouthful), coming from a Sanyo Innuendo. I learned how to root the device in under three months, with the first two just spent learning how to work Android. Then, the following October I picked up a Galaxy S3, and I am currently running M.O.A.R v.4.0. During that time I also acquired a Galaxy Tab 2, and these days there is rarely just one electronic device in operation at any given time, usually at least my PC, and my S3.

I work as a Lube Technician, so basically I am a grease monkey, but I love it. If it has 8 or more cylinders; you have my attention. If it has 8 cylinders and was made between 1960 and 1970...you have my undivided attention.

My hobbies/interests are golf (my score card would argue that it is a hobby), fishing, cooking, and racing, specifically NASCAR. You know, that whole 8 cylinder thing again.

As I recall, my first stumbling onto this site was a Google result for upcoming news on a device. I honestly can't remember which device, as I was prowling the forums when I had my S2, at the time not really participating, just reading the news. In fact, I think the first question I answered dealt with an S2. History from then on.

I am very glad to be here. I am surprised at being asked to be an Ambassador so quickly, I was just having fun....

Joe.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by 4:
    VDub2174, davidnc, Johnly and 7 others like this.

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Hello Everyone! My name is Chris and I recently was asked to be a part of the Ambassador Team, which I gladly accepted. I stumbled upon Androidcentral a few years ago when I would lookup news for my HTC Hero and check for Gbhil's updates to his Gumbo ROM for the Hero - Jerry, we want some more Gumbo! I found the forums and site very helpful in my early days with Android and always found it best to give back by helping everyone out whenever possible and being respectful while doing it. Never did I think of becoming a part of the AC team simply by having fun and being helpful to the members on the forums.

About myself, well , I'm married with children (I love that show) and enjoy every minute of it. I'm a Planner for a City east of Los Angeles and spend my days reviewing commercial and residential developments. Each day brings new challenges and that keeps work interesting. During my spare time I enjoy hanging out with the wife and kids, playing Xbox (COD series of games), working on things around the house or popping into the forums to see what's going on. My current devices are a Sprint Epic 4G Touch and a Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Well, thats me in nutshell. I look forward to working with everyone and contributing whenever possible. If my assistance is ever needed don’t hesitate to send me a PM and I’ll do my best to help.

- Chris
    Thanked by:
    VDub2174, davidnc, Johnly and 8 others like this.

Global Posts
    4,501 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

Hello everyone!!

My name is Anthony and I recently (as of today....lol) became an Ambassador.

My smart phone addiction started with the Blackberry Pearl 8130 (Sprint). From there I went to the BB Curve 8330, then the BB Tour 9630. After that I got my first android device, the Samsung Moment. I never thought of myself liking a touch screen only phone so I went with that since it had a slide-out keyboard. From then on my addiction grew. I went form the Moment to an HTC EVO 4G, then a Samsung Epic 4G (then back to the EVO....lol), then the Motorola Photon, then the Samsung Epic 4G Touch, then the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and lastly to the HTC One X+ on AT&T. In between my phone purchases I got some tablets but mainly use my Moto Xoom and HP TouchPad. My friends call me Best Buy because I always have something electronics related on me. This ranges from phone chargers to AUX cables to random phone cases.....lol

As for the personal stuff; I'm 29 years old and live in PA. I work for the wonderful world of NJ Taxation and have been doing so for a little over 5 years now. When I'm not at work I like to relax at home playing videogames.............lots and lots of video games.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this new title brings my way
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

Thanked by 2:
    srkmagnus, davidnc, Johnly and 9 others like this.

Default Re: Please welcome Eclipse2K to the Ambassadors

Hello, my name is Stephen and I've always been considered crazy when it comes to technology. I'm always out looking for the newest and greatest gadget whether its a cell phone, television, computer, game consoles, etc. I have tried many times to sit idle and save some money but my need for technology makes that a great big failure.

I went to college and received my Associates Degree in the field of Criminal Justice. I always wanted to follow my fathers foot steps as he is a retired Police Officer after over 38 years. However, after receiving my Associates Degree, I've decided to head back to college in a different direction. My plan is to start classes in the Cisco Networking Management field and hopefully launch a career shortly after. Part of the reason I exited the Criminal Justice field was that it is now a difficult field to enter due to the amount of applicants and I wanted something where I wouldn't be working all hours of the day and night.

As for my phone addiction I would say it runs deep. I started out as a teenager with Virgin Mobile where I had a cheap flip phone. After a while that phone was traded in for a Kyocera MTV Slider phone. I thought I was so cool because my phone could "slide" open. Boy was I wrong about that one. I then switched to AT&T and had a standard Samsung flip phone until I switched to a Motorola RAZR. That RAZR did a great job until I switched to T-Mobile but I kept on using a RAZR. After a while I went got a Blackberry Pearl which was my introduction to the smart phone world. As soon as T-Mobile introduced the first Android phone, the G1, I ordered it immediately. My addiction to Android lasted for a while but then I left T-Mobile and went to Verizon and there was no Android. Imagine what a sad day that was because I switched to a Blackberry Storm which had so many issues I was offered a Blackberry Tour. But that's the end of that non sense because as soon as I could I paid full retail for a Motorola Droid. The true Android addiction has lived on from then. From there I went to a Droid 2, HTC Thunderbolt, Droid RAZR, Droid RAZR Maxx, Droid RAZR Maxx HD, Samsung Galaxy Note II and now my current device the Droid Maxx.

With that said Android Central has been a "central" part of my life for years. I'm always looking for information on new firmware updates, applications, tips and tricks and whatever else may come. Its been great to meet so many wonderful Android-Heads over the years and I look forward to meeting even more.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    5,581 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: Lets give a huge welcome to UJ95x to the Ambassadors!

Hello everyone!

My name is Tony, I've been a member of AC for a few months and I was recently asked to be a part to the Ambassador team.

I've always been the go-to guy for anything related to technology in my family, whether it was for troubleshooting someone's PC or helping them with bugs on their phones. I'm basically the only "techie" so they really have nobody else to ask

Anyway, unlike most of my fellow ambassadors, I don't have a long list of phones that I have played and tinkered with. I got my first smartphone as a gift a couple of years ago (Samsung Admire) and I had that for about a year and a half, when it decided to stop working. I then went and picked up the phone I'm currently using (GS4)
    At first I was happy with the stock ROM but after a couple of months I just had to get rid of TouchWiz. That's when I started looking into rooting and flashing custom ROMs, which after a couple of weeks of looking, ended up bringing me here. I asked my questions and once I was confident enough, managed to root my phone and flash my first custom ROM.
    Ever since then I've been on here almost every day trying to help out other members of the AC Community with their questions and issues. I look forward to working with the rest of the team to continue to help out other avid Android fans

And now, to really introduce myself. I'm a first year college student at CSUF, currently majoring in engineering. Kind of goes along with my "obsession" with technology :P I live in southern California, a few minutes from Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm so I'm constantly visiting both parks. I have 1 brother and two sisters, none of which are even slightly addicted to Android, or anything regarding technology.

Well, I think pretty much sums up what I like to do, both on the site and in real life. It's an honor to carry the ambassador title and I'd like to thank Paul627g for inviting me, and the rest of the team for the warm welcome.

Thanks again everyone,
    -Tony
    Last edited by UJ95x; 02-20-2014 at 08:59 PM.
    VDub2174, pkcable, davidnc and 5 others like this.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: [DRAFT] Public Ambassador Introductions

Hey there peeps!

My name is Luis and I've finally been chosen to be an Ambassador, WOO! *crickets chirping* While I should be more professional in a lot of areas, I sometimes feel like it's good to have humor put into things once in a while. This is exactly why I like Android Central. It's a great community where I feel like I fit in. A big plus is that it's dedicated to something I really love to learn about: Phones! I've used AC for years but don't know why I didn't make an account sooner. I don't even remember why I signed up, but it just happened. That's when the AC life started for me! All of this makes me feel glad I did decide to sign up. As for my phone background, I started off with a Sony Ericsson W810i, then a Samsung Sunburst, and finally an HTC One X (that I still use as my main phone). The HTC One X is a phone I have mastered. I gained some sort of name for myself when I released a toolkit for the One X that allows you to unlock bootloaders, root, etc. with a few clicks. I guess I did good because even people from XDA started to email me purely from the posts and projects I put up on Android Central. I hope to bring inspiration to other developers with my projects. The thing that surprised me about AC was the level of friendliness, and I think that's what touched me the most. To me, Android Central will always be my home.

As for personal stuff, I am a sophomore in high school (at least in this moment in time). My favorite subject would be mathematics (which would explain why I'm the only sophomore learning Calculus in my school). I'm constantly being pounded by my College level courses, but I somehow manage to fit in life and time to breathe. It's stressful, but I believe persistence and hard work will pay off. I hope to go to a university after I graduate from high school. I was looking into MIT, but it feels a bit daunting + I am in California, so Massachusetts is a bit far away. UC Berkeley and Stanford are some other interesting universities as well that have captivated me. I am a track star known mostly for my long distance runs. I represent my school track team by running the 1600m and 3200m runs. In my spare time, I like to program/code in various languages such as HTML, CSS, some Javascript, some PHP, Visual Basic, and the list will probably go on for quite some time. I know Linux/ some Unix commands (I make websites all by myself! :P). My newest venture in programming is jQuery . Of course if I'm not programming, I'm out running, hanging out with friends, or posting on Android Central.

I love helping people and more importantly, learning from people's experiences. With this, I hope to do the best I can and fulfill my role as an Ambassador! I hope to bring pep, "class", and most importantly, FUN, to the community. In essence, I will try to do the best I can, for as long as I can. Of course none of this would of happened if it weren't for Patrick Schroedl and I sincerely thank him for giving me this opportunity to be involved with such a great group. I am psyched to be working with you guys in making this community better, and expect only the greatest of things!

As Bob Marley once said: “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.”

Thanks for reading my rant

-Luis
    Last edited by wizzrah; 02-26-2014 at 12:26 AM.
    “It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
    Thanked by 3:
    pkcable, davidnc, Johnly and 4 others like this.

Hello Everyone,

First off my name is Jeff (I know I know my user name doesn't make it to obvious). I'm a 38 year old construction worker and a single parent to a beautiful daughter that I'm raising on my own and wouldn't have it any other way. I just recently have been offered a place on the AC Team that I'm happy to be a part of. I'll do my best to help whoever needs it.

My first cell phone in 1999 was a Samsung flip phone. It and the several to follow were meaningless tools used for calling. When i bought the Palm Centro it was the first phone I actually used the internet on a regular basis with. I was still clueless about operating systems and the different function's of a phone and the possibilities they held. I moved on from my Centro to the Htc Diamond (windows phone) and the phone was so bad it made me yearn for the days of simple flip phones. Nothing but troubles with it so i was on the search again for something different.

Android is coming, android is coming. I heard the commercials on tv and the radio but really paid them no attention. I found myself in Best Buy looking to replace my Diamond. Looking at all the phones felt somewhat daunting, I mean i just wanted a working phone. Hero, seemed like a nice enough phone and there was that familiar word again "android" so I grabbed it and was on my way. The Hero was nice and felt simple to use and i loved the size of the screen. I was quite pleased... Quickly i found out you could rearrange the screens and widgets to your liking and even use the market to find thing that weren't native to your phone. I was really satisfied. Well I again seen a commercial for a new phone coming to the market (mind you I have been a Sprint customer for a long time) the Htc Evo. I started doing research on how this new phone would be better than my current Hero. Within days I was on the sign up list at Best Buy for this new beast of a phone. I spent the next few weeks learning all i could about hacking, rooting, roms and flashing. I rooted my Hero but left it stock, I wasn't ready and didn't have the courage to do anything else. Back to the Evo... The day came to pick up my new phone and the excitement

My Evo, I'm not sure why I was so happy buying a new phone but I was. Root came fast but it wasn't easy by any means. Download this, make sure you have that... I started wondering if it was worth it. Who am i kidding, this is why i bought this phone so i jumped in head first. I did the long root and was officially S-off. Now it was time to unleash this beast. I flashed and reflashed Rom after Rom liking most everything i found (nandroid was my firend). So it continues... I abused my Evo till the Evo 4g lte came out, rooted that. My daughter got the S3 and I rooted that as well. I had troubles along the way and when I did I was always thankful i used the long method when i rooted my OG Evo. It gave me a basic understanding of recovery and backup's and side loading things. It was my phone education.

So here i am today, owner of the Htc One. You know what? I still get just as excited on new phone day

So I have joined the ambassador team with the soul intent of helping others.
    Last edited by ffejjj; 02-27-2014 at 11:37 AM.
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
    davidnc, Johnly, Paul627g and 3 others like this.

Hello! My name is Jason (a.k.a Almeuit) and I am an Android Central Ambassador! I am also just a normal geek who absolutely loves technology and other things of that nature! ^_^

I am 26 years old and currently live in Jacksonville, FL. I have mostly my whole life (except I did live in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba once on the base.. parents in the Navy). I personally love it here because I don’t have to deal with snow :P. I have an associate’s degree in Computer Networking and currently am working for the Government supporting various applications for the Navy.

As for me I would say my computer addition really started around 9 when my dad got me my first computer… from there the rest is history. I have always been a PC addict and I am a gamer as well. I am the type that will never buy a store bought PC as I would rather put it together myself (more cost effective as well!). Since this is an Android Forum and all though I am also a smart-phone addict (wait..you guessed? How?). I love having a computer in my pocket. I currently am rocking a Note 3 but that soon may turn into a Note 4 .. or who knows? I jumped around form the S2 to the HTC One to the Note 3 … I have no preference really. I just like having really good tech in my hands. If you are new here you will also learn that I tend to love networks … so I love discussing carries and plans. I am a huge fan of unlimited data plans (yay for T-Mobile!) because I like the ability to not be tied-down to WiFi. I still use WiFi at my house and things but at work I am mainly stuck on mobile data so I like being unrestricted on my usage. Now that being said there is no best network for anyone… but I do love T-Mobile for my needs and my wallet ($)!

Well … I guess that about sums it up. If you ever need anything at all please do not hesitate to ask and I will do the best to find out the answer .. or I will call on my fellow Ambassadors to ensure you are taken care of!

Thanks for reading my babble… ^_^.

-Jason
    Thanked by:
    VDub2174, davidnc and wizzrah like this.