Anubis1

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Am new to Android, just bought the HTC One on Friday. Been a iPhone user for about 3 years, decided it was time for a change. I really like my HTC One so far and will take me awhile to know what I can do with android. I've got some apps from the play store and know how to setup and use the phone for the most part, it's the customization of it that will take time. This looks like a great forum, I will be a frequent visitor. Cheers :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Am new to Android, just bought the HTC One on Friday. Been a iPhone user for about 3 years, decided it was time for a change. I really like my HTC One so far and will take me awhile to know what I can do with android. I've got some apps from the play store and know how to setup and use the phone for the most part, it's the customization of it that will take time. This looks like a great forum, I will be a frequent visitor. Cheers :)

Welcome to Android and the forums! I have been noticing an increasing trend of Android getting more iPhone users. What exactly was it that made you decide to switch?

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central and please take advantage of the link meyer posted for you so you transition from IOS to Android with ease.

Anubis1

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android and the forums! I have been noticing an increasing trend of Android getting more iPhone users. What exactly was it that made you decide to switch?

iOS has been about the same since it came out, simply got bored of it, that and I wanted a bigger screen. It was difficult for me to browse the internet with the screen on the 4S. What they did with the iPhone 5 I don't find it visually appealing and it's still not big enough for me. The screen is long and narrow, looks like the blade of a hockey stick. The play store seems to be better for free apps compared to iTunes. Android for the few days I've used it is more fun to use as you can do more to personalize your phone and other things you can do with it. Also this HTC One is to me a better quality phone than any of the iPhones. Thats just off the top of my head, I really enjoy going through the phone and finding new things about it, I don't see me going back to Apple and the iPhone.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
iOS has been about the same since it came out, simply got bored of it, that and I wanted a bigger screen. It was difficult for me to browse the internet with the screen on the 4S. What they did with the iPhone 5 I don't find it visually appealing and it's still not big enough for me. The screen is long and narrow, looks like the blade of a hockey stick. The play store seems to be better for free apps compared to iTunes. Android for the few days I've used it is more fun to use as you can do more to personalize your phone and other things you can do with it. Also this HTC One is to me a better quality phone than any of the iPhones. Thats just off the top of my head, I really enjoy going through the phone and finding new things about it, I don't see me going back to Apple and the iPhone.

That is why we have choices and can change our mind at any time. Many points I agree with you on and whatever you I wish you the best. Have fun with your new Android.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I know a lot of people like Sense (HTC User Interface), but if you want to customize even more, you can download another launcher. I would suggest Nova. I love it, and you can change many things about it, like grid layout of the app drawer and home screens, color themes, number of pages in the dock, how many icons than can be placed there, scrolling animations. And that list is on the free version.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20