1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool Taking a big leap!

Hello everyone, early next month I plan on making the big jump. Apple to android, I'll be going from having an iPhone and an ipad to having an ipad and a galaxy s4. If anyone could give me some tips that'd be great! also if someone could clarify what happens when you root your device, does that mean you get a repository system like cydia for ios? Of do you have to download the stuff from the web?

Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Taking a big leap!

Quote Originally Posted by mulumequitem View Post
    Hello everyone, early next month I plan on making the big jump. Apple to android, I'll be going from having an iPhone and an ipad to having an ipad and a galaxy s4. If anyone could give me some tips that'd be great! also if someone could clarify what happens when you root your device, does that mean you get a repository system like cydia for ios? Of do you have to download the stuff from the web?
    Welcome to the forums and soon Android! Rooting mean gaining superuser access to the phone. Unless you are going to flash ROMs and Recoveries, for the most part it is not necessary. I don't know what exactly you mean by a repository system, but if you mean accessing the devices files, you can do that out of the box, stock.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: Taking a big leap!

Welcome to Android Central. Here you will find everything Android you need to help you out. If you know the phone next month you are going to get now is the time to go to the forum for your device and read up on it. Again thank you for being here.