Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CaliW
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Former Apple addict!

This time last week I thought I was very happy with my iPhone 4s, not the latest model, but did everything I needed it to do and sync'd perfectly with my macbook and iPad - yes Apple had me truly hooked, so I overlooked the fact that my phone would overheat when charging, on standby or shut down to the extent that it needed to be connected to my computer to restart.
    Then I went to work one night and one of my colleagues had their new HTC One with them, I was so impressed that I spent the next few days reading up about HTC one, android and decided it was worth having 2 contracts for a few months, just to get a phone that would actually do what it promised!
    I got my HTC one 2 days ago and so far so good, love the fact it works as a tv remote but on a serious note, having previously said I would never have anything other than an iPhone, I'm not sure I would ever go back to one now.
    petaf likes this.

Default Re: Former Apple addict!

its great to hear that from an applefan boy. try it and never go back

Global Posts
    17,434 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by CaliW View Post
    This time last week I thought I was very happy with my iPhone 4s, not the latest model, but did everything I needed it to do and sync'd perfectly with my macbook and iPad - yes Apple had me truly hooked, so I overlooked the fact that my phone would overheat when charging, on standby or shut down to the extent that it needed to be connected to my computer to restart.
    Then I went to work one night and one of my colleagues had their new HTC One with them, I was so impressed that I spent the next few days reading up about HTC one, android and decided it was worth having 2 contracts for a few months, just to get a phone that would actually do what it promised!
    I got my HTC one 2 days ago and so far so good, love the fact it works as a tv remote but on a serious note, having previously said I would never have anything other than an iPhone, I'm not sure I would ever go back to one now.

Welcome to Android and the forums!
    This may help: Apple User's Guide to Android

The One is a very good choice. I really don't think you will be disappointed. Just be mindful and give the OS several days to adjust. Ask people here on the forums if you need help. A new OS will have a very big learning curve.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    7,399 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Welcome to the forums! Feel free to post questions or comments as you adjust to the new device :-).

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the welcomes :-)

Ok, have now been using the HTC one for a few days now and I've been really impressed with both the phone and the ease at transferring files over from my iPhone.
    I love the sound quality, which is an important feature for me and one of the main reasons why I made the switch, the camera is comparable to my old phone, so haven't lost anything there. There's a few things I'd like to change, like blink feed, but can easily overlook them.
    I'm glad I finally made the switch from apple to android phone, has been easier than I was expecting!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    17,434 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by CaliW View Post
    Thanks for the welcomes :-)

Ok, have now been using the HTC one for a few days now and I've been really impressed with both the phone and the ease at transferring files over from my iPhone.
    I love the sound quality, which is an important feature for me and one of the main reasons why I made the switch, the camera is comparable to my old phone, so haven't lost anything there. There's a few things I'd like to change, like blink feed, but can easily overlook them.
    I'm glad I finally made the switch from apple to android phone, has been easier than I was expecting!

Posted via Android Central App
    Glad you are liking the device so far. Have you checked out the One forum yet?

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here