New BB to Android User (not completely)

Jay_eS_Iye

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I just put an order in last night for my new Samsung Captivate so figured I'd get a head start and head on over here. I'm currently a BlackBerry 8900 user and CrackBerry.com diehard so it's going to be a bit of a transition for me. So I'm going to broaden my horizons now, don't HP and Palm on WinMo, been on BB for a while, and use my wife's iPhone for the only thing it's good for (games and internet) so hoping this Captivate takes over that for me.

Anyhow, any suggestions on what to start with are appreciated. Already planning on rooting it when I get it and play a bit with it. Also ordered a Body Glove case for it, does anyone else have better experience with other cases or accesories?

Reactions: Dynamite360g

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Well the only other accessories I have used is the Motorola Mini USB to Micro USB adapter which I use at work and on my RIM Car Charger works perfectly. Att corporate stores sells some screen protectors that work great and actually fit the Captivate. That is all of my experience with different accessories and I have not used any different cases yet. I am hoping Otterbox comes out with a case though!

HTH,
Charlie

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Just my .02 but I'd hold off rooting until you are completely familiar with your device. If you root from the word go and features don't work properly, you don't know if it's the root or the phone.

Get used to the phone to cognitively establish a baseline...THEN root :) You'll be better prepared to identify issues with your device.

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Just my .02 but I'd hold off rooting until you are completely familiar with your device. If you root from the word go and features don't work properly, you don't know if it's the root or the phone.

Get used to the phone to cognitively establish a baseline...THEN root :) You'll be better prepared to identify issues with your device.

Well I would agree to a point but I did root mine once I got home with my Captivate.. Rooting should not cause any problems with features working or not because All Rooting does is give Super User properties to some applications like Root Explorer, Titanium Backup and Market Enabler *there are ones I use*.. Other then that all of my features work!

HTH,
Charlie

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance