Restore and download text without an app?? possible???

richrich2530

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I need help, new to apps in general, but I have a basic understanding and have not used apps much or the Google play website. phone is a HTC incredible 2 (ADR6350). it is damaged but still functions mostly..(been using for a year in this condition) battery port does not charge, screen broken, power up is temperamental but otherwise works as a phone. I am trying to restore and download text before I replace the phone.....problem: I can not load up an app. either due to damage or I can not recall the Google acct password to activate the associated acct for Google. either way I can not load a basic restore backup app. it gives me an error message. is there another way to achieve my goal? am i missing something that will allow me to load apps? can I direct hook to a program? is there a way to recover my Google acct? any comments are appreciated....

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums: Wow sounds like a mess. So you are able to access gmail and log into your account? Gmail is stored in the cloud so you don't lose that but AFAIK text messages are stored on the phone unless you use an app like SMS backup. Are you just not able to access your SMS app?

Posted via Android Central App

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
no i can not get into account which is preventing me from loading up any apps including backup sms app....

Are you able to log onto gmail from a computer? If you've forgotten the password there is an option to send a reset to a backup email address you would have designated when you set up the gmail address.

Posted via Android Central App