Hi, 6 year iPhone/iOS user switching to Android!

TheFirm88

May 21, 2013
Visit site
First off, I am happy to say that this will be my first Android experience. I've been an avid iPhone user for 6 years, it's time for something new! My Nexus 4 I ordered from Google is getting shipped to me as we speak! I do have a few questions though. If you guys can answer them to the best of your knowledge, that would be great!

1. Since the N4 runs on HSPA+, do I need to change anything from my iPhone 5 plan being that it's an LTE based plan? (AT&T is my carrier)

2. I've read about the MMS issues some people have had on this phone, has that been resolved or will I have to mess around with the APN or any settings when I get the phone up and running?

3. Should I buy a SIM card adapter or go to an AT&T store to get a micro SIM card? Would they charge for the switch?

4. Any recommended warranty?

If you guys have any other tips or suggestions on making this transition from iOS to Android would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot everybody, I look forward to being a part of this Android community! :cool:

Last edited:

rootjunkie

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello, welcome to Android we are the most customizable OS ever

Root your device for all access on it (sort of like jailbreaking) and flash custom roms with ROM MANAGAGER (don't worry about all that you can search the web for more)

1. I don't think you do but I'm not an expert in that area so you might want to contact your carrier about that

2. There may be issues with your MMS well if you encounter any problems please reffer to this link:[SOLVED] Why won't my Nexus 4 send MMS on AT&T? - xda-developers

3. I did a quick web search and found this:AT&T SIM Card & SIM Cards for Phones, Smartphones & Tablets from AT&T

I hope I could help you, good luck!

rootjunkie

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
First off, I am happy to say that this will be my first Android experience. I've been an avid iPhone user for 6 years, it's time for something new! My Nexus 4 I ordered from Google is getting shipped to me as we speak! I do have a few questions though. If you guys can answer them to the best of your knowledge, that would be great!

1. Since the N4 runs on HSPA+, do I need to change anything from my iPhone 5 plan being that it's an LTE based plan? (AT&T is my carrier)

2. I've read about the MMS issues some people have had on this phone, has that been resolved or will I have to mess around with the APN or any settings when I get the phone up and running?

3. Should I buy a SIM card adapter or go to an AT&T store to get a micro SIM card? Would they charge for the switch?

4. Any recommended warranty?

If you guys have any other tips or suggestions on making this transition from iOS to Android would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot everybody, I look forward to being a part of this Android community! :cool:

Welcome to the forums!

As far as rooting is concerned, I would study up on it as much as you can. You should be able to find YouTube videos easily. Just follow all directions, and if you you have any questions, don't do anything, come here and ask someone. We are all here to help, it is so much better to wait a few days than to spend hours trying to fix an error.

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Same here... :)..
But rather for 4 years (iphone)...

Switched over to android 23 days back...

I. Am. Liking. It :) :)

On GT-N7100 with AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Same here... :)..
But rather for 4 years (iphone)...

Switched over to android 23 days back...

I. Am. Liking. It :) :)

Welcome to Android and the forums!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I hope is your shift to Android is going fine and smooth with your new Nexus..

I just wanted to let leave a note if you need it.

Due to reasons more than one, my iphone contacts didnt carry along the associated pics that i had put on iphone. I tried Outlook export only. I had never synced to gmail and on the days of my shift to Android, even when i did provide the proper set up to sync out to iphone contacts to my gmail id, it didnt happen.

The Memos as well didnt come right with Samsung Smart Switch either into S Note. I dint know, but S Note is at a differnt level of itself...nothing compared to flat Memo layout if iphone.

For both these points i am sharing my experience where ever it might help some one.

You can find it at the thread....
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=294052

I hope this helps if you need it in the mentioned situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol