Being The Newbie Is Never Cool

Wil Jennings

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Here I find myself, being a Newbie once again..

I have been a Apple IPHONE guy, since they came out.. Was big into Jailbreaking, so, I found that the Iphone suited my needs.. Crap from factory, but after a few tweaks, I had a custom suited phone to my liking.. However, here in the past 2-3 years, I have had a ton of issues (Ipad 2 crapped out at 13 months) My 4S screen took a crap as well.. And, Apple has lost its innovation since the unfortunate death of Steve Jobs.. So a week ago, I said goodbye to Apple, and Jumped on this Galaxy S4 bandwagon.. I will admit, I am having a bit of an issue adjusting.. Its a little confusing with the layout.. and I spend a lot of time trying to remember how I did something the say before.. Its just a little overwhelming, because of the full control you actually have.. However, I am very pleased with the phone, except the keyboard.. which Blows, and the Pre-Installed "Bloatware" as I have seen it called here in the forums..

I have spent the better part of 3 hours reading the forums now, and haven't really came across a good way to remove this useless clutter in the back ground.. I am not interested in Rooting, Due too, I like to fully understand Everything involved, before I tackle something like that.. It took me a while to Jailbreak my first Iphone, and they were pretty easy.. seems Rooting is a bit more involved.. Is there a way to Un-install, or turn off, the majority of this stuff?

I am thankful for any and all information.. I look forward to being here, although not much help, hopefully I will become fluent with an Android as I was with IOS..

WiL

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Here I find myself, being a Newbie once again..

I have been a Apple IPHONE guy, since they came out.. Was big into Jailbreaking, so, I found that the Iphone suited my needs.. Crap from factory, but after a few tweaks, I had a custom suited phone to my liking.. However, here in the past 2-3 years, I have had a ton of issues (Ipad 2 crapped out at 13 months) My 4S screen took a crap as well.. And, Apple has lost its innovation since the unfortunate death of Steve Jobs.. So a week ago, I said goodbye to Apple, and Jumped on this Galaxy S4 bandwagon.. I will admit, I am having a bit of an issue adjusting.. Its a little confusing with the layout.. and I spend a lot of time trying to remember how I did something the say before.. Its just a little overwhelming, because of the full control you actually have.. However, I am very pleased with the phone, except the keyboard.. which Blows, and the Pre-Installed "Bloatware" as I have seen it called here in the forums..

I have spent the better part of 3 hours reading the forums now, and haven't really came across a good way to remove this useless clutter in the back ground.. I am not interested in Rooting, Due too, I like to fully understand Everything involved, before I tackle something like that.. It took me a while to Jailbreak my first Iphone, and they were pretty easy.. seems Rooting is a bit more involved.. Is there a way to Un-install, or turn off, the majority of this stuff?

I am thankful for any and all information.. I look forward to being here, although not much help, hopefully I will become fluent with an Android as I was with IOS..

WiL

Welcome to the forums and android!
This may help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ng-apps-galaxy-s3-tab-2-no-root-required.html

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Wil Jennings

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Welcome! You can download third party keyboards if you don't like the one that came with your phone. Check out:

Swiftkey: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey&token=vX0lKMsr

Google keyboard: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ogle.android.inputmethod.latin&token=V14cq7i_

Swype: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.nuance.swype.dtc&token=nRsnUgos.

Those are the main keyboards that I recommend.

Thank you guys for the links.. I did find a Keyboard that was similar to the Iphones, but I will try some of these listed here.. Thank you guys again, for the welcome, and the information..

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Thank you guys for the links.. I did find a Keyboard that was similar to the Iphones, but I will try some of these listed here.. Thank you guys again, for the welcome, and the information..
Welcome to the forums! I hope you found a replacement keyboard to the one shipped with the S4. I have been using Swiftkey for the better part of 2-3 years or so and it's been great!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! I hope you found a replacement keyboard to the one shipped with the S4. I have been using Swiftkey for the better part of 2-3 years or so and it's been great!

I second SwiftKey, it's phenomenal. Welcome to the forums!

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app