Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Paul627g
  • 2 Post By B. Diddy
  • 4 Post By Jennifer Stough
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By Synycalwon
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why have you joined ac forum

I would like to know your reasons behind joining android central forum.
    Thank you for your time.

Default Re: Why have you joined ac forum

Long before I ever became a Moderator or Ambassador here at Android Central I was a regular member. I arrived late in 2010 with my Samsung Epic 4g. Looking for answers and help to using my new Android device. After about 5 minutes of searching for some answers on Google it lead me here. Sure there was other forums but none seemed as down to earth as AC. The membership is welcoming, the staff was pleasant and helpful and everything was/is presented in a way that just about any skill level could understand.

Now almost 3 years later I'm still here and I've gone from regular member to Ambassador to Moderator and I couldn't be happier. I enjoy giving back to the community that helped me.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Thanked by:
    B. Diddy and Golfdriver97 like this.

I caught AC fever soon after getting my Razr Maxx in 3/2012, and found out how nice it feels to help others out in these forums. I started contributing so much that the folks behind this whole thing asked me to be an Ambassador, which was a real honor, and I've continued to enjoy the sense of community and the problem-solving that comes with the position.

I'd say the main thing that was clear when I first started looking at various Android forums was that on AC, people were generally much nicer and less trollish, which I think is due in very large part to the great job the Moderators do in keeping the discussions civil and on topic.
    Thanked by 2:
    Paul627g and Golfdriver97 like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

I joined AC forums in February 2013. I had just gotten my first flagship and current device, the droid DNA. I had been searching through the forum for advice and user input on the droid DNA before purchase, and again after purchase. I decided to join the forums after coming across the post your home screen thread, and thought it would be fun to share my new homescreens that I created with people who might actually care to see them. From there, I began exploring and offering help to others. I guess I impressed someone, because I was offered a spot on the moderating team a few months later. I'm still convinced that someone had a lapse of judgement but I appreciate the opportunity and enjoy what I do. I really try my best to help others to the fullest extent.

Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by realisticgirl View Post
    Thank you for your time.
    I joined when I was looking for info about a device. The Galaxy S3 before it was released. Lurking for a while, I finally joined in December of 2012. I was just having fun answering questions. Someone noticed and asked if I was interested in being an Ambassador. Well, honestly about a week or ten days prior I had read the Intro threads about the Ambassadors and made it a goal.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    Paul627g likes this.

I joined because all of the relevant topics that have helped me out in regards to my device woes.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by handofendowment View Post
    I joined because all of the relevant topics that have helped me out in regards to my device woes.
    Welcome to the forums!

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:

To learn, discuss, seek and give help, talking stuff, and play.

Sent from my GSIII

I joined as I was a Blackberry user and jumped from the sinking ship to Android and I have never looked back.

Sent from my GT-I9100
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Running Stock KitKat 4.4.2

Well I joined when I picked up my Asus transformer tablet a few months ago. I use to lurk a lot when I first got it, but really started to post when I got my gs4. As a member of I more and crackberry, I figured it would be nice to get involved with on AC too

Sent from my Galaxy S IV using Tapatalk IV

Quote Originally Posted by realisticgirl View Post
    Thank you for your time.
    I found AC a couple years ago when searching for help with my first smartphone, the HTC Thunderbolt. I really liked the wealth of information in both the forums and the main blog area, as well as the sense of community; people helping each other, respectfully sharing opinions and just having fun. I wanted to be a part of that and add my thoughts to the mix and help others when possible.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Global Posts
    1,007 Global Posts

I have been on CrackBerry since 2007 and always kept up with the Android site. ( Phil and Jerry Crack me up on Podcast) I recently bought a Nexus 7 Tablet (2013) and have been checking out the reviews etc. I am thinking of getting the new Droid from VZW so have been checking those out. Mobile Nations is a great place to learn about all platforms.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Welcome to the forums! I joined simply to help out where I could and to stay up to date with the latest news related to Android. This is a great forum with great people - let us know if you have any questions or need help with your device.