Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Scott Kenyon
  • 1 Post By Scott Kenyon
  • 1 Post By EvilMonkey
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default OS Upgrade and app marketplace

I upgraded a Samsung 6800 tablet and Samsung Duo phone from previous OS (gingerbread and 3.2) to Jellybean. However, I now want to install the new version of OneNote released 1 August 2013. This requires Jellybean 4.0+ to be installed, which I have done. However, the google market place system only reads my model number and says they are all incompatible. It also does the same for my NoteII and 10.1 tablet so am not sure what I need to do to install an app that I use on my desktop almost daily. A windows phone is not the answer. Any advise would be most welcome.

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: OS Upgrade and app marketplace

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughan Clarke View Post
    I upgraded a Samsung 6800 tablet and Samsung Duo phone from previous OS (gingerbread and 3.2) to Jellybean. However, I now want to install the new version of OneNote released 1 August 2013. This requires Jellybean 4.0+ to be installed, which I have done. However, the google market place system only reads my model number and says they are all incompatible. It also does the same for my NoteII and 10.1 tablet so am not sure what I need to do to install an app that I use on my desktop almost daily. A windows phone is not the answer. Any advise would be most welcome.
    Welcome to the forums. You may be correct about the Play Store only looking at the model number. Do you happen to have this installed on another Android device? If so, it's possible you can pull the apk from that device and sideload it to your others. In any event, you'll need the apk and to try to sideload it. Maybe it'll work, maybe not. Worth a try though.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    13,971 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughan Clarke View Post
    Welcome to the forums!
    Have you tried Google Keep? I looked at One Note, and the two apps are pretty similar.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums!
    Have you tried Google Keep? I looked at One Note, and the two apps are pretty similar.
    Keep is downloadable as a Chrome app, as well. I use it.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Welcome to the forums. Agree with the others. If you're stuck on OneNote you'll probably need to sideload the .apk. Otherwise, there are plenty of other note taking apps (Keep, Evernote, etc).
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Hi guys. Been out of station so sorry for the delayed reply. Thanks for the info, I will try and see what I can find. What surprises me is that they download page says Ver 4 and above and the Duos is 4.2, so does not make sense. Either way, will give it a try and see.

Remember that it isn't just the Android OS version that dictates compatibility--sometimes an app just isn't compatible with a particular piece of hardware. It's a shame that they don't tell you why​ an app is incompatible.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.