Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ouyin2000
  • 1 Post By Scott Kenyon
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Well hello there!

Hello to you all!

I'm seriously considering getting a tablet as my next upgrade. My 4 year old laptop has just about run it's course, so I would like to upgrade.

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I feel a bit of brand loyalty towards Samsung. But that said, I'm not opposed to another brand, just concerned with compatibility with my phone. I would like to be able to do all of the same things that my laptop does. Mostly internet browsing and watching movies, but probably games as well. I don't need anything super capable, as I have a very good desktop for high end games and such, just looking for something portable and useful. I use my laptop the most to just watch movies when I fall asleep.

My biggest concern is ergonomics. I have come to really like having a seperate keyboard and screen, since I can just set the laptop on my dresser and play a movie on it.

I'm completely new to the tablet world, so recommendations would definitely be appreciated.

Thanks
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: Well hello there!

Welcome to the forums! Remember, tablets cannot replace a laptop, but they can take over most of the functionality. I recommend a Note, whether it's the 8 or 10. You can use a bluetooth keyboard with one and make a stand for the 8 (at least) out of a desk calendar that has a lip on the bottom of it. I'll follow up on this with a picture of mine. I use it for my phone, mainly, but it did work with the Note 8 really well.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Welcome to Android Central! I don't think you can go wrong with the Note. I'll let Scott talk more about it, since he has one.

Posted via Android Central App
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    13,792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
    Hello to you all!

I'm seriously considering getting a tablet as my next upgrade. My 4 year old laptop has just about run it's course, so I would like to upgrade.

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I feel a bit of brand loyalty towards Samsung. But that said, I'm not opposed to another brand, just concerned with compatibility with my phone. I would like to be able to do all of the same things that my laptop does. Mostly internet browsing and watching movies, but probably games as well. I don't need anything super capable, as I have a very good desktop for high end games and such, just looking for something portable and useful. I use my laptop the most to just watch movies when I fall asleep.

My biggest concern is ergonomics. I have come to really like having a seperate keyboard and screen, since I can just set the laptop on my dresser and play a movie on it.

I'm completely new to the tablet world, so recommendations would definitely be appreciated.

Thanks
    Welcome to the forums!
    I agree that the Note series is an awesome series.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here