help with jellybean 4.1 netbook

wizzabooo

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello - I don't know if I'm in the right place (the way it's been going probably not) anyway - I rec'vd a android jellybean netbook and I haven't been able to find apps or games to download, I did download one thing but it would not open - everyplace I go it seems they are only talking android phones this is a android netbook a icraig that came from rite aid. Can anyone help me with this or tell me of a place to go ?? I'm looking to download basic games - jewel quest games - bubble match etc. I have the manual that came with it but cant get it to download, I have a flash drive I could use but then again cant find a site with games for it...Any help with this would greatly appreciated !! Thanks Linda

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The safest way to install games and other apps is through a trusted app store like Google Play or Amazon Appstore. Not all devices are certified to use Google Play (Android's official app store), and I'm guessing that this Craig Android device you got from Rite Aid does not support it. There's probably another app store preinstalled, so look at what came installed on your device--look for apps called "Market" or something similar.

If you can't find anything, then your best bet is probably to install the Amazon Appstore. Use your device's browser and go to Install Amazon Appstore. Follow the instructions there to download and install the Appstore. You might have to go into the device's Settings menu, go to Security, and place a check in the option to allow installation of apps from "Unknown Sources." Once installed, you should be able to open it, log in with your Amazon account, and install plenty of apps from there. Not all of them are free, but the paid ones are all pretty cheap.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello - I don't know if I'm in the right place (the way it's been going probably not) anyway - I rec'vd a android jellybean netbook and I haven't been able to find apps or games to download, I did download one thing but it would not open - everyplace I go it seems they are only talking android phones this is a android netbook a icraig that came from rite aid. Can anyone help me with this or tell me of a place to go ?? I'm looking to download basic games - jewel quest games - bubble match etc. I have the manual that came with it but cant get it to download, I have a flash drive I could use but then again cant find a site with games for it...Any help with this would greatly appreciated !! Thanks Linda

Welcome to the forums!
If B. Diddy found the proper device, it doesn't look that bad. However, due to the uniqueness of the device, there may not be many apps for it.

wizzabooo

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to all for the help - I'm off to work so will go it a go when I get home......Will let you know.....Right now I'm just glad to have something to go on :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to all for the help - I'm off to work so will go it a go when I get home......Will let you know.....Right now I'm just glad to have something to go on :)
That's great to hear! Let us know how it works out for you, and hope to see you enjoy your time here on the forums!

wizzabooo

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
TA-DA !! Thanks so much - It worked - I have downloaded and installed 2 games already and they actually worked :) I have a friend that was having the same problem so I'll let them know about this site and also how to get the app etc. Thanks again for helping. Linda

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
TA-DA !! Thanks so much - It worked - I have downloaded and installed 2 games already and they actually worked :) I have a friend that was having the same problem so I'll let them know about this site and also how to get the app etc. Thanks again for helping. Linda

Glad everything worked out!!

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

JAbney

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. I hope it's ok to post here instead of creating a new thread.

I just received a Snowy Android 4.1 netbook and I can't seem to figure out how to change the time. It's currently set four hours ahead of where I live. When I go to settings and choose clock I only see an option to set an alarm. I've even downloaded a clock/weather widget and put in my location only to get the wrong time on that as well. Now I'm stumped.

I appreciate any feedback and help. Thanks for your time!

:) J

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sometimes these off-brand Android devices don't let you set your region. I once got a terrible terrible off-brand Android tablet (the "Superpad") as a gift that persistently thought I was somewhere in China, without any way to adjust it.

Can you post a screenshot of your Settings/Time & Date screen? Screenshots can be taken by pressing the power button and the volume down at the same time--usually, you have to hold it for a half a second or so.

JAbney

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
B. Diddy,

Thank you! I started researching more after reading your post. I found a "manage settings" tab and then found "date/time" and voila! I was able to change my time zone. Thank you again! :)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
B. Diddy,

Thank you! I started researching more after reading your post. I found a "manage settings" tab and then found "date/time" and voila! I was able to change my time zone. Thank you again! :)
Welcome to Android Central. As you can see, you've found the best of the best with these guys. It's good to have you here.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
B. Diddy,

Welcome. Glad you got it sorted out. And thank you for posting the solution!!

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

Bonnie Overman

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I cannot set the time on my android snowy 4.1 netbook....Under settings is gives no option....If you click on the clock it will let you set the alarm...am I missing something........WOW! I just found it!

crystalsimpkins

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello, can anyone tell me why is it that I can only use the netbook while charging. As soon as I take it off charge it cuts off. Is there are number that I can call?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello, can anyone tell me why is it that I can only use the netbook while charging. As soon as I take it off charge it cuts off. Is there are number that I can call?

Welcome to Android Central! Can you give us more information? What's the brand and model of your device, and are you sure it's an Android device, and not a Windows netbook?

If the device shuts off immediately after unplugging it, then there are two main possibilities: (1) the battery pack is not plugged in (if the battery pack is even removable), or (2) the battery is defective or has failed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital