Lurker needs help! Please!

NattyDaddy

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys!

First of all this is an amazing community/forum. I have been "lurking" here since I got my first EVO years ago.

Anyways I shattered my s2 screen last night

I am able to use my mother in laws upgrade however whatever phone I choose will have to last me at LEAST a year. Also, I am tight on money so my options are limited to the free upgrades on Sprint.

I have been considering the EVO LTE or the Optimus G (I think thats what its called?)

Which of these phones would you guys suggest? Will both have ample support (updates etc) for the next year?

I know I am a newbie but any advice is very much appreciated!!!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys!

First of all this is an amazing community/forum. I have been "lurking" here since I got my first EVO years ago.

Anyways I shattered my s2 screen last night

I am able to use my mother in laws upgrade however whatever phone I choose will have to last me at LEAST a year. Also, I am tight on money so my options are limited to the free upgrades on Sprint.

I have been considering the EVO LTE or the Optimus G (I think thats what its called?)

Which of these phones would you guys suggest? Will both have ample support (updates etc) for the next year?

I know I am a newbie but any advice is very much appreciated!!!

IMO - my choices in order -

1. Wait for Nexus 5 and see what it is and if it will be compatible with your carrier.
2. LG G2
3. Note 3
4. S4

Nexus is always the best when it comes to future-proofing yourself.

money is tight? since you have to keep this phone for 1-2 years i would find a way to pinch crap and save up the money and buy a good phone. if you go with "free" you may regret it. another option is prepaid - have you thought of leaving Sprint and going to AT&T GoPhone for $60/Month and taking the savings and buying a Nexus direct from Google?

good luck!

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Welcome. I don't have experience with either of those phones, but on paper the Optimus G looks slightly better.

I have to agree with the above poster though...it might be worthwhile to pinch a few pennies and get a newer phone model, or you might spend a year or more living with a disappointing phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I think I posted my options in another thread of yous. Let us know what you decided.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. While I have an S4 and love it, I'd also recommend the Note 3 and LG G2 if the size isn't too much. These are superphones with really sliq features that should last you more than just a year.

Note 8.0

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Htc one for 49.99 at Amazon sounds like a good deal! Don't skimp out on a free low-end phone... you will regret it... I did the same thing back in the day and lived with it (but it sucked)

Sent from my rooted droid razr using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2