Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DroidArmy
  • 1 Post By lbsevenp
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Introducing myself

Hey y'all.

I'm new here, from the Houston area. I normally just go by lb, so that's what you can call me. I'm an old school Android fan (HTC Dream), and definitely not a stranger to Android devices. I've probably owned around 30 Android phones in all, so I have very strong opinions to share with this community. I'm currently attending college for food science and nutrition and hope to have a masters in dietetics. Because I love technology so much, I was pursuing an IT career, but changed my focus as I became more aware of my health, and invested in longevity and personal care. I haven't been caught up with the Android world lately, and will start by posting a question here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mis...id-phone-chat/

I look forward to many great discussions, and hope to learn a thing or two in the process.

-lb
    Last edited by lbsevenp; 09-15-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Default Re: Introducing myself

Welcome to Android Central! Holy mackerel, 30 Android devices? That's impressive.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock faux123

Quote Originally Posted by lbsevenp View Post
    Hey y'all.

I'm new here, from the Houston area. I normally just go by LB, so that's what you can call me. I'm an old school Android fan (HTC Dream), and definitely not a stranger to Android devices. I've probably owned around 30 Android phones in all, so I have very strong opinions to share with this community. I'm currently attending college for food science and nutrition and hope to have a masters in dietetics. Because I love technology so much, I was pursuing an IT career, but changed my focus as I became more aware of my health, and invested in longevity and personal care. I haven't been caught up with the Android world lately, and will start by posting a question here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mis...id-phone-chat/

I look forward to many great discussions, and hope to learn a thing or two in the process.

-lb
    Welcome to the forums LB! You'll enjoy it here, I guarantee it. There are many threads for you to jump into if you want to join the conversation, or you can just chill out and read through some threads. Either way, I hope you enjoy Android Central!
    lbsevenp likes this.

Global Posts
    13,990 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Hey y'all.

I'm new here, from the Houston area. I normally just go by lb, so that's what you can call me. I'm an old school Android fan (HTC Dream), and definitely not a stranger to Android devices. I've probably owned around 30 Android phones in all, so I have very strong opinions to share with this community. I'm currently attending college for food science and nutrition and hope to have a masters in dietetics. Because I love technology so much, I was pursuing an IT career, but changed my focus as I became more aware of my health, and invested in longevity and personal care. I haven't been caught up with the Android world lately, and will start by posting a question here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mis...id-phone-chat/

-lb
    Welcome to the forums!
    So out of the vast number you have owned, which would you say have been your favorites?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

The G1 from TMO to begin with of course. Other than that, my top three are...the original EVO from sprint, HTC Aria on AT&T, and HTC Incredible when I was with Verizon. In case you haven't noticed, I am not a fan of large screens on a phone. I also really like HTC. I used to be a big fan of Sense UI. I don't care for it anymore, but I still like the HTC weather feature that they still use today.

My least favorites were...Cricket's first Sanyo phone, Samsung Galaxy S2 (Surprising, I know, but I have my reasons), and Samsung Epic 4G.

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Welcome to AC, LB!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by:

The G1 from TMO to begin with of course. Other than that, my top three are...the original EVO from sprint, HTC Aria on AT&T, and HTC Incredible when I was with Verizon. In case you haven't noticed, I am not a fan of large screens on a phone. I also really like HTC. I used to be a big fan of Sense UI. I don't care for it anymore, but I still like the HTC weather feature that they still use today.

My least favorites were...Cricket's first Sanyo phone, Samsung Galaxy S2 (Surprising, I know, but I have my reasons), and Samsung Epic 4G.
    Welcome to AC! I too was a G1 user on day one and it was awesome. I don't know how you were able to afford 30 devices but I envy you. I love new toys!

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by:

Welcome to AC! 30 phones?!?! Wow....
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Welcome to AC! I too was a G1 user on day one and it was awesome. I don't know how you were able to afford 30 devices but I envy you. I love new toys!

Like you said, you "love new toys"...phones were my toys, so when others were buying large LED screens, and high end computers, I was buying smartphones! I admit, I was kinda obsessed for a while.

Like you said, you "love new toys"...phones were my toys, so when others were buying large LED screens, and high end computers, I was buying smartphones! I admit, I was kinda obsessed for a while.
    My phone history isn't as big as yours but its quite extensive. For Android I've had the G1, Motorola Droid, Motorola Droid 2, HTC Thunderbolt, Droid RAZR, Droid RAZR Maxx, Droid RAZR HD Maxx, Galaxy Note II and now the Droid Maxx by Motorola.

I've had a Xoom and Xyboard tablet as well.
    L

I buy all sorts of technology and toys. From an Acura TSX to a $2000 gaming rig. Samsung LED televisions to Xbox consoles. Nice speakers and headphones. Let's just call me a tech geek.

Global Posts
    6,221 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Welcome to this awesome community.

S IV
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Welcome to the forums!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Hello all this is aaron hunt
    and i welcome android central here

Global Posts
    6,221 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

What do you like most about your android gadgetry?

Sony XTZ
    Live long and prosper.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    What do you like most about your android gadgetry?

Sony XTZ
    Well, as of now, I only have a Chromebook. I like the minimalist approach to Google. I try to stick with the ecosystem, and don't bother with many third party applications. I like how efficient and responsive my Chromebook is, and I like the versatility of android phones.
    "Let thy food be thy medicine" - Hippocrates
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,509 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

Welcome to the forums!!
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

Thanked by:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by VDub2174 View Post
    Welcome to the forums!!

Nice emblem.
    Thanked by:
    VDub2174 likes this.

Global Posts
    6,221 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

So if a Note 3 were given to you you could GIVE it to me, with its big screen and all.

S IV
    Last edited by Haalcyon; 09-21-2013 at 06:35 AM.
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Welcome to the forum
    Thanked by:
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    So if a Note 3 were given to you you could GIVE it to me, with its big screen and all.

S IV
    Depends. Whats in it for me?

Global Posts
    4,509 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

Nice emblem.
    Thanks

Sent from my AT&T Galaxy Note 2 on top of a BeanStalk
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

CrackBerrian

Global Posts
    30,879 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.0, iOS 5.1, BB10

Welcome to AC!!!! If you have any questions let us know!
    Rich C. (PKcable)

Visitor from CrackBerry.com!
    Thanked by: