Hello.....why is at$t so mean!?

rayndog3

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I was trying to dump this 4S that I'm currently using couple weeks early and get me a nice new Blue HTC one from Best Buy, but at$t wouldn't let me!! Damn them. So anyway, I have to wait for another 2 weeks to upgrade. So Hello! I am new to this site and am greatly looking forward to jumping on the android wagon! See ya iOS.

rayndog3

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, I always thought that you could upgrade after 18 months. Sounds like that is not the case?

Yes, they changed it. you have to wait the full two years now. But my two years ends on october 17th, so I kindly asked if I would be able to get an early upgrade since it was only a few weeks away. They said the only way is if I upgraded to another iPhone!!! No thank you. I'm done with the iPhone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I know that Verizon changed their upgrade cycle to 2 years, so I would imagine AT&T did the same.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was trying to dump this 4S that I'm currently using couple weeks early and get me a nice new Blue HTC one from Best Buy, but at$t wouldn't let me!! Damn them. So anyway, I have to wait for another 2 weeks to upgrade. So Hello! I am new to this site and am greatly looking forward to jumping on the android wagon! See ya iOS.

Welcome to the forums!
It is contradictive to say no upgrades until the 24 months have been met and in the same breath say it is OK to stay with the iPhone....

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Well, it's a shame they won't let you upgrade with just 2-weeks left. Hang in there, you'll have a new device before you know it!