I am new to this part of town. Been on the BB side for a while and gonna make the switch over the Android sometime this weekend.
Just wanted to say my hellos and ask a quick question.
I was looking at the Galaxy Ace 2, and my only concern was that it has 4GB of device storage(1 GB usable give or take from what I have read). Generally how big are the applications on Android? I was also looking at the Nexus 4 and thinking about going with that, depending on app size.
- 10-11-2013, 05:44 PM #2
If I helped you, Pay it Forward....
Current Devices: Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
- 10-11-2013, 08:12 PM #3
- 2,198 Posts
Re: Hi Everybody!
Welcome to the forums.
I'll just echo the previous comment: I'd get more than 4GB. Apps aren't really that big, but by the time you start taking pictures and want to store some music and stuff, you'll probably be wishing you had more.
- 10-11-2013, 11:11 PM #4
Re: Hi Everybody!
Welcome to Android Central! Avoid devices with such small memory--the 1 GB available to the user is paltry, and remember that it isn't just used for app installation--it's also used for data generated by the apps, text messages, and other things that can build up quickly and lead to low memory warnings before you know it. An SD card doesn't help this issue. This might be too much to read at this stage, but for future reference: [GUIDE] Android Memory and How to Deal with Low Memory Warnings
Go for the Nexus 4.
- By MichaelsDroid in forum IntroductionsReplies: 16Last Post: 10-12-2013, 12:47 AM
- By Steven Brand in forum IntroductionsReplies: 14Last Post: 10-11-2013, 08:01 AM
- By woody1971 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 4Last Post: 10-11-2013, 12:52 AM
- By deltamachine in forum IntroductionsReplies: 5Last Post: 10-03-2013, 12:35 PM
- By bazeeky in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 6Last Post: 10-01-2013, 05:55 PM