Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Hi all

    Just wanted to introduce myself.

    I'm Mark, I'm based in the UK and have had Blackberrys, iPhones, the Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy S3 in my time. Am currently using a Galaxy Nexus with an extended battery, but am looking to change since the signal reception seems poor on it when compared to my previous S III.
  2. #2  
    Assassin Droid's Avatar
    Assassin Droid

    Posts
    7,631 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,677 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Hi all

    Hi, welcome to the forums What's catching your eye?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Hi all

    Hi,

    I'm on a search for what seems to be a mythical beast. A phone with the Android OS and the Blackberry form factor. I feel that having had Android phones for 2 years (and an iPhone before that) I've given virtual keyboards every opportunity, but they're just not up to scratch for the amount of text I produce on a daily basis via the phone.

    Unfortunately it seems that I'm in enough of a minority that nobody's catering for me, and I have a choice between the Blackberry Q10 and another 2 years of swearing at a touchscreen.

    I am no fan of the Blackberry OS, but that keyboard works.
  4. #4  
    Assassin Droid's Avatar
    Assassin Droid

    Posts
    7,631 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,677 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Hi all

    This isn't the exact form factor, but it's got a physical keyboard. Motorola 'Droid 5' appears in leaked images | Android Central Not sure what the release schedule looks like for it. Of course, as Alex says... it could be an abandoned design.
  5. #5  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    24,178 Posts
    Global Posts
    24,621 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

    Default Re: Hi all

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmark View Post
    Just wanted to introduce myself.

    I'm Mark, I'm based in the UK and have had Blackberrys, iPhones, the Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy S3 in my time. Am currently using a Galaxy Nexus with an extended battery, but am looking to change since the signal reception seems poor on it when compared to my previous S III.
    Welcome to the forums.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  6. #6  
    Haalcyon's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    7,933 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,700 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Hi all

    Welcome to Android Central!
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Hi all

    Welcome to AC!!
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Hi all

    Welcome to Android Central! There are still some slider type phones out there along the lines of the Droid 4 (as alluded to above). You could probably also find decent Bluetooth keyboard slider cases for some of the more popular phones out there.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  9. #9  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    24,178 Posts
    Global Posts
    24,621 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

    Default Re: Hi all

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! There are still some slider type phones out there along the lines of the Droid 4 (as alluded to above). You could probably also find decent Bluetooth keyboard slider cases for some of the more popular phones out there.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Didn't think of that...good idea

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
    B. Diddy likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Hi all

    Yeah, but the main problems with BT slider keyboard cases are (1) extra bulk/weight, and (2) you're relying on a BT connection, which can sometimes be temperamental when it comes to keyboards.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Hi all

    I can't say I'd recommend a BT keyboard....but if you get one I'd be curious how it works out for you.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Hi all

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmark View Post
    Hi,

    I'm on a search for what seems to be a mythical beast. A phone with the Android OS and the Blackberry form factor. I feel that having had Android phones for 2 years (and an iPhone before that) I've given virtual keyboards every opportunity, but they're just not up to scratch for the amount of text I produce on a daily basis via the phone.

    Unfortunately it seems that I'm in enough of a minority that nobody's catering for me, and I have a choice between the Blackberry Q10 and another 2 years of swearing at a touchscreen.

    I am no fan of the Blackberry OS, but that keyboard works.
    Welcome to Android Central!

    I understand your frustration. When I made the switch from Blackberry to Android I had a G1 which had a physical keyboard. I followed that up with a Droid and Droid 2 which also had physical keyboards. I finally gave in for an HTC Thunderbolt and I don't think I could ever go back. Not that I prefer touch screen keyboards because I dont but I do appreciate less moving parts and a thinner form factor.

    Best of luck!

    Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk Pro

Similar Threads

  1. Are cars all pretty much the same ?
    By stalemate1 in forum Autos
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-20-2014, 05:35 PM
  2. Possible to Have All Info On Lockscreen? Messages, E-mail, etc
    By Boba7523 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-18-2013, 02:32 AM
  3. One Handed all screen won't work. Can't get it to trigger
    By radman202 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-10-2013, 07:55 PM
  4. All-in-one calendar/notes/organizer
    By Redbird1 in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2013, 06:37 AM
  5. Maxx was stuck in landscape and now wont auto rotate at all!
    By krys9320 in forum Motorola Droid MAXX
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-14-2013, 07:04 PM

Posting Permissions