| || |
Help needed, going insane. Connecting a PS3 controller to a S3 with an OTG! will not work!
First of all thank you for reading!
Secondly I have tried to find the answer to this question on the web and after many hours of searching i just can’t seem to find a solution. I bought an OTG usb adapter to connect a Ps3 to use on my emulators but it will not connect to my galaxy s2 LTE! I know that it is natively supported but I can’t fathom why it refuses to connect. So here is my situation:
• I have seen on you tube that it is supposed to be a plug in and play situation. Sounds too easy right?
• Once the controller is plugged in it says usb connected and then nothing else.
• I know the cable and USB adaptor works because I have plunged it in to my girlfriends galaxy nexus and it works straight away. So no problem with cable or OTG USB
• I know that I have to press the ps3 button when I plug it in, as I said I know how it’s supposed to work as I have got it working on another android device.
• There is no play station nearby that is “confusing” the controller.
• As far as I can tell it is supported on the S2, but this seems to be the only area that I might be wrong and if someone can definitively say that it is just not compatible with the S2 then I will rest easy.
For me this is more than just wanting a controller for my phone and has evolved in a battle against my phone, I get really annoyed when something does not work for no apparent reason!
I have read forums here:
Help Connecting My SGS3 to a PS3 Controller
Having trouble connecting ps3 controller (non rooted)
They come close to being able to help me but not really any solutions, but its comforting that other people have had the same problem (makes me think there is a solution)
Just a quick note regarding having my phone rooted, I am aware you don’t need a wire to connect once the phone is rooted, but whilst I am not computer illiterate, I am yet to find a simple enough process to follow to do this. (a suggestion here might be helpful)
Anyway please help if you can it’s really bugging me!