1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Immediate help needed about rooted and NOT working Samsung Galaxy Y Young

I have a Samsung Galaxy Y Young and I rooted it last month. I flashed it with a custom JellyBlast ROM (JellyBlast V 4.1.1) downloaded from
    The problem is that since then I'm unable to send and/or receive text messages. Is there any solution for this?
    My friend has a Galaxy Ace and she had network issues after she flashed her's with a custom ROM, but her's was resolved after installing a kernell and another package.
    Please help asap.

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Immediate help needed about rooted and NOT working Samsung Galaxy Y Young

Quote Originally Posted by Meghna16 View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Y Young and I rooted it last month. I flashed it with a custom JellyBlast ROM (JellyBlast V 4.1.1) downloaded from
    The problem is that since then I'm unable to send and/or receive text messages. Is there any solution for this?
    My friend has a Galaxy Ace and she had network issues after she flashed her's with a custom ROM, but her's was resolved after installing a kernell and another package.
    Please help asap.
    Welcome to the forums.
    You could possibly flash a stock kernel.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Immediate help needed about rooted and NOT working Samsung Galaxy Y Young

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    Thank you so much for the warm welcome :-) I'll try doing so soon enough.

Might want to take it to a phone store and have them take a look at it if you are still having problems.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    I flashed it with a stock kernel. Now I can send texts, but am not receiving anything. What do I do?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Android Deals View Post
    Might want to take it to a phone store and have them take a look at it if you are still having problems.
    Its a rooted phone. The minute I rooted it, its warranty went void. So if I take it to a phone store, they're not gonna take responsibility for it.

Its a rooted phone. The minute I rooted it, its warranty went void. So if I take it to a phone store, they're not gonna take responsibility for it.
    That's true if you leave it rooted. If you flash back to stock (and reset the flash count if there is one) then you can take it back. It's easily done on the note 2

Skynote 4.3 Rom'd Note 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by newbroot83 View Post
    That's true if you leave it rooted. If you flash back to stock (and reset the flash count if there is one) then you can take it back. It's easily done on the note 2

Skynote 4.3 Rom'd Note 2
    Mine is not a note 2 first of all. Secondly, do you have a solution to my problem? If yes, then please help.

Mine is not a note 2 first of all. Secondly, do you have a solution to my problem? If yes, then please help.
    First of all, I understand it's not a note 2. What it is doesn't really matter. Second, what does matter is that you find out if there are any factory files for your phone. If you can restore your phone to factory settings then you can find out if it's an issue with the phone or rom

Skynote 4.3 Rom'd Note 2

Also note that as stated before, if you can return the phone to factory settings you can have the phone worked on without issue.

Skynote 4.3 Rom'd Note 2

simple solution...go to your settings / look for "more networks" / mobile networks / then access point names (APN) / see if your service provider is listed there, other wise you have click on add an APN and add the correct info. that is usually obtained on providers website. if you need help, let me know, i will get for you, what phone and service do you have????

I've got a galaxy young and unable to access ex sd micro card with photos and files. Says it doesnt have an application to open them. I've down loaded a heap of android apps and still cant access them. Can anyone point me in the right ditection? Also my phone shut down after a week of having it and had a new mother board replaced. Its not a good phone. I'm alwsys having issues with it.

Posted via Android Central App