- 57 Posts
undecided on root
I have done quite a bit of research on my Kyocera hydro and how to root. Found the 32 USB driver I need and proper root package for this device. Yet I am still a bit unsure and scared to attempt it. Why ? Well ! Once I'm rooted it seems by the things I've read I have to be very careful of what I do since it seems I could brick my phone. As I understand I can keep my stock ROM however if I try another ROM and not careful and install incompatible ROM phone can brick. As much as I may want the perks of root I am unsure if I want to take the chance of ruining my phone. Can anyone tell me what I must do to make sure anything doesn't happen after I root.. Thank you and appreciate any help !
Posted via Android Central App
- 12-09-2013, 11:41 AM #2
Re: undecided on root
Welcome to the forums!!
It's very true that our phones can be bricked if we're not careful. After you gain root access, make sure you don't uninstall important apps. Just stick to some carrier bloatware.
When picking a ROM to flash, make sure it's compatible with your device. It's true that if you flash a ROM that's not compatible with your phone you could brick it or be stuck in a boot loop. Just make sure you do your research on the ROM before flashing. Read as much as you can and/or watch any videos that may be available."The worst foe lies within the self....."
Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa
- 12-09-2013, 01:19 PM #4
- 12-10-2013, 04:16 AM #5
- 12-10-2013, 08:05 AM #6
Re: undecided on root
Welcome to the forums.
From a Sprint Moto X using the AC forums app.
- 12-10-2013, 03:37 PM #7
- 12-16-2013, 05:33 PM #8
- 12-16-2013, 05:37 PM #9Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think
R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
- 12-17-2013, 08:21 AM #10
- By manbearpiggy in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 15Last Post: 03-02-2014, 11:46 AM
- By Phen0mable in forum T-Mobile HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 12-16-2013, 08:32 AM
- By dlfoley in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 12-09-2013, 12:11 PM
- By techMinimalist in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-09-2013, 11:12 AM
- By ammojus in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 12-09-2013, 10:32 AM