Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By JAG21979
  • 1 Post By JAG21979
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  • 1 Post By JAG21979
  • 1 Post By Haalcyon
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Back to Android

I used my recent upgrade at Sprint to convert my iPhone 5 back to Android and went with the Galaxy Note 3. I was originally an Android user, Droid Eris, Droid Incredible, Droid Incredible 2 then iPhone 5 and now back to Android. I was initially happy with Apple, but after seeing all of the enhancements Android was making for their devices, I decided to go back. The iPhone worked wonderfully, but I was really missing the customization and ability to make the Android mine own. For the money, Android devices cannot be beat. I did convert all of my computer peripherals to Apple (iMac, iPad Mini and MacBook Pro), mainly due to the ease of use and having less software and hardware issues that I was having with Microsoft and PCs. I don't regret converting those devices to Apple, but my phone, which I use the most, was important to have something that I can get maximum use out of and at a cheaper price than the iPhone. I'm not disappointed in the switch, but the learning curve has been high. So far I've been pleasantly surprised at the Note 3, although there have been some bugs that I never experienced with my iPhone. I suppose those are to be expected with Android, as the ecosystem is open versus the closed system that Apple uses. Sorry for the long read, just wanted to tell everyone what my experience has been. Happy to be back on board with Android, and so far I'm loving my Samsung Galaxy Note 3!
    Thanked by:
    Haalcyon, EviI and rob damiani like this.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Back to Android

Quote Originally Posted by JAG21979 View Post
    I used my recent upgrade at Sprint to convert my iPhone 5 back to Android and went with the Galaxy Note 3. I was originally an Android user, Droid Eris, Droid Incredible, Droid Incredible 2 then iPhone 5 and now back to Android. I was initially happy with Apple, but after seeing all of the enhancements Android was making for their devices, I decided to go back. The iPhone worked wonderfully, but I was really missing the customization and ability to make the Android mine own. For the money, Android devices cannot be beat. I did convert all of my computer peripherals to Apple (iMac, iPad Mini and MacBook Pro), mainly due to the ease of use and having less software and hardware issues that I was having with Microsoft and PCs. I don't regret converting those devices to Apple, but my phone, which I use the most, was important to have something that I can get maximum use out of and at a cheaper price than the iPhone. I'm not disappointed in the switch, but the learning curve has been high. So far I've been pleasantly surprised at the Note 3, although there have been some bugs that I never experienced with my iPhone. I suppose those are to be expected with Android, as the ecosystem is open versus the closed system that Apple uses. Sorry for the long read, just wanted to tell everyone what my experience has been. Happy to be back on board with Android, and so far I'm loving my Samsung Galaxy Note 3!
    Hey Jag, glad to have you back on the Android side

Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    22,194 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Welcome back to Android!

From a Sprint Moto X using the AC forums app.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Welcome to Android Central, and welcome back to Android! Lloyd missed you.

Welcome to the forums.

Global Posts
    6,457 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Welcome back to the Dark Side! Do great things with your new found power.
    Live long and prosper.

Hi again.. Would you get an iPhone again?
    MacBookPro, iPad, iPod. My go to device are Nexus5 and Nexus 7(2013).
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by NexusNick123 View Post
    Hi again.. Would you get an iPhone again?
    Nick, I would definitely get another iPhone, but it would have to be something that just knocks my socks off. The iPhone works superbly and is more polished than the Android I have now (Galaxy Note 3) and my previous Androids. The only thing that lured me back to Android was the ability to customize and some of the other features that can't be found on the iPhone. I also really like the size of the Note 3, but it wasn't the deciding factor. As you may know, Apple products work very well without some of the bugs that Androids have. I've only had my Note 3 for 3 weeks and I've experienced automatic shutdowns and freezing. I never once experienced those issues with my iPhone, but I'm willing to accept those issues. Apple needs to start revolutionizing its devices in order for me to go back, similar to the devices they initially came out with when Steve Jobs was at the helm.
    NexusNick123 likes this.

Yes Steve Jobs is my rule model with out him Apple just puts the Same thing out there with one or two changes..

Nick, I would definitely get another iPhone, but it would have to be something that just knocks my socks off. The iPhone works superbly and is more polished than the Android I have now (Galaxy Note 3) and my previous Androids. The only thing that lured me back to Android was the ability to customize and some of the other features that can't be found on the iPhone. I also really like the size of the Note 3, but it wasn't the deciding factor. As you may know, Apple products work very well without some of the bugs that Androids have. I've only had my Note 3 for 3 weeks and I've experienced automatic shutdowns and freezing. I never once experienced those issues with my iPhone, but I'm willing to accept those issues. Apple needs to start revolutionizing its devices in order for me to go back, similar to the devices they initially came out with when Steve Jobs was at the helm.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by NexusNick123 View Post
    Yes Steve Jobs is my rule model with out him Apple just puts the Same thing out there with one or two changes..
    Since he passed...
    4S > 5: Basically just a taller screen
    5 > 5S: Better camera, fingerprint scanner
    Nothing groundbreaking :\

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    NexusNick123 likes this.

Very true

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Since he passed...

Umm are you forgetting about the speed/performance improvements with each new iphone model?
    Since he passed...

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by rob damiani View Post
    Umm are you forgetting about the speed/performance improvements with each new iphone model?
    That kind of thing is expected though. Nothing new with improved performance and most of the time it's not very noticeable

Haalcyon likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I know the A7 chip is fast and awesome but it's too far ahead of the actual capabilities of the phone. The processing speed of my iPhone 5 never skipped a beat!

rob damiani likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

I know the A7 chip is fast and awesome but it's too far ahead of the actual capabilities of the phone. The processing speed of my iPhone 5 never skipped a beat!

It is ahead of current app programming but you have to understand that moving to 64 bit is still a necessary step in order to be ready for it. I'd rather they be proactive than be reactive. I'm not a big fan of ios but I'll give Apple due credit for that. If I'm not mistaken, are there not already a few apps and games being written for it?

Sorry to burst your bubble but yes, speed/performance were/are VERY noticeable with each new iphone; I know cuz I owned all of them.
    That kind of thing is expected though. Nothing new with improved performance and most of the time it's not very noticeable

Welcome back to Android.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    6,457 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Sorry to burst your bubble but yes, speed/performance were/are VERY noticeable with each new iphone; I know cuz I owned all of them.
    It prolly depends on what you're doing on the iPhone. Perhaps in heavy gaming or editing video the upgrades are noticeable but in less intense gaming web browsing its not. What IS noticeable to me is that 4" screen, especially when running remote desktop apps.

Optimus G Pro
    Live long and prosper.

Shilohcane likes this.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Like Haalcyon said, it's only noticeable for "heavy" tasks. And once again, those kinds of things are expected with every new iteration. We expect a better processor, better battery life and maybe a better camera. Still nothing impressive in the last couple of iPhone releases.

Like Haalcyon said, it's only noticeable for "heavy" tasks. And once again, those kinds of things are expected with every new iteration. We expect a better processor, better battery life and maybe a better camera. Still nothing impressive in the last couple of iPhone releases.

Not sure if the 5S changed this but the fact that the iPhone 5 couldn't even talk and surf at the same time on LTE was a huge oversight and awful move by Apple. The iPhone us good for those who prefer a simple OS with a smaller screen. Nothing wrong with that. All personal preference.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Not sure if the 5S changed this but the fact that the iPhone 5 couldn't even talk and surf at the same time on LTE was a huge oversight and awful move by Apple. The iPhone us good for those who prefer a simple OS with a smaller screen. Nothing wrong with that. All personal preference.

I never said anything about the OS or screen size

I never said anything about the OS or screen size

General statement, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post

This is a carrier limitation... Not an iPhone limitation.

Note: GSM phones work with LTE and a phone call at the same time.