1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Default migrating from webOS

I bought my 1st palm pilot at least a decade ago. Had a treo before anyone else knew what a smartphone was and have enjoyed webOS for the last 5 years, but sad for me it IS time to move on.

I see there are lots of threads on converting from webOS to android that I will enjoy looking at.

in the mean time, I'm looking on advice for my next phone. I like the galaxy s4 and LG g2. I'm a carrier free agent.

just wants to introduce myself and if anyone has advice on this new system for me, let me know.

michael

Global Posts
    6,214 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: migrating from webOS

Quote Originally Posted by mc25mc View Post
    I bought my 1st palm pilot at least a decade ago. Had a treo before anyone else knew what a smartphone was and have enjoyed webOS for the last 5 years, but sad for me it IS time to move on.

I see there are lots of threads on converting from webOS to android that I will enjoy looking at.

in the mean time, I'm looking on advice for my next phone. I like the galaxy s4 and LG g2. I'm a carrier free agent.

just wants to introduce myself and if anyone has advice on this new system for me, let me know.

michael
    Welcome to the forums!

The G2 is a very nice phone.
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by mc25mc View Post

michael
    Welcome to the forums. I would suggest looking at the Nexus 5. Not saying the S4 and G2 are bad choices, just another phone to consider. Also the Moto X.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

If you are a free agent with the carrier then you should get the nexus 5. it gives you the best experience for android without the skins that are in some cell phones. Moto X is also good. I converted a couple of years ago and I got the Galaxy Nexus as my first phone and it was the best experience.

Welcome to Android Central! Agree with all of the above.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

thanks,

I have looked at the nexus. The one thing holding me back on that is the camera. Its probably one of the biggest "wants" is a good camera. It seems the nexus camera is a step below the other two. Other things I need. Calendar, web browsing, texting, email. Should I assume they all handle those functions pretty much the same?

thanks again

Global Posts
    5,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Yeah, those are all pretty basic functions so they should all fulfill those needs quite well. On the camera side, the Moto X and Nexus 5 are decent, the S4 and G2 are great

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimBean 4.3 Build-1
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

I guess a good counter question is, how much do you use the camera?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    6,760 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Welcome! I have the Nexus 5 and feel the camera is good. It's not the greatest piece of hardware you can find on smartphone today, but for what I use it for, it works great. The latest update (4.4.2) saw an improvement to the camera software. I'd suggest hitting up your nearest store to see if you can use the device in person and get a feel for it .