1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9000 touchscreen doesn't respond!

Hi guys,

Im new here as a member but I've read many threads of galaxy s3 problems, but I had to become a member so I can start a thread and maybe you can help me, while I seriously need it.

First of all Im explaining what happend from the good times to the worse. I started flashing rom to cyanogenmod and it was a really great,fast rom and everything was working but I still wanted to update to android 4.3 after I did this everything was working unitl i saw on the notification bar the "emergency calls only" i couldn't make or recieve any calls,sms and other network things,tried other sim but the same,than tried going back to cyanogenmod but had the same problem again.After that i tried 4.2.2 i flashed the roms through odin everything worked good on this other android version too but the network. As I did these changes I tried installing many modem files from sdcard through recovery mode and did have to root my phone for like 3 times by changing roms. The last time my phone was working was when I flashed 4.0.4 android sandwich and after i did the introduction things i saw that the "emergency calls only" problem was still there, i tried to do clear data/cache from recovery mode and when it was restarting the samsung logo came up changing colors and like blocking, after that my phone rebooted to system and I saw that the touchscreen wouldn't respond!!!

I have to tell you guys that the technician guy told me that I have to change the touchscreen as it seems my digitizer is damaged but I need to be ensure that if I do so and pay (while in m
    y country will cost a lot of money) will the problem be solved,at least will the touchscreen problem be solved.

I appriciate any reply that brings any little help.

Global Posts
    13,973 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9000 touchscreen doesn't respond!

Welcome to the forums.
    I am not aware of a fix for you, however, I am more inclined to disagree with the damaged digitizer. I think your modem radios are physically damaged. That is just a guess though.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here