Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By ffejjj
  • 1 Post By STARGATE
  • 2 Post By msndrstood
  • 1 Post By msndrstood
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hi all, I come in peace from the Windows side of the moon =)

Hello everybody, I'm new to all this Android thingy you have going on here, because I've been a Windows Phone/Mobile user for the past eight or so years. Right now, unfortunately, my phone broke down, and I see the Nexus 5 as the best replacement/upgrade I can have (as new Windows phones don't really feel that new lately). My only concern is that over the years I've set myself up a very nice system for using my contacts, calendars, notes, tasks, etc. over my different devices, and they are all based on the Outlook services (previously Windows Live). Can anyone reassure me somehow that I'll be able to keep using Microsoft services and won't notice much difference?

Thanks in advance =)

Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Hi all, I come in peace from the Windows side of the moon =)

Quote Originally Posted by Artess View Post
    Hello everybody, I'm new to all this Android thingy you have going on here, because I've been a Windows Phone/Mobile user for the past eight or so years. Right now, unfortunately, my phone broke down, and I see the Nexus 5 as the best replacement/upgrade I can have (as new Windows phones don't really feel that new lately). My only concern is that over the years I've set myself up a very nice system for using my contacts, calendars, notes, tasks, etc. over my different devices, and they are all based on the Outlook services (previously Windows Live). Can anyone reassure me somehow that I'll be able to keep using Microsoft services and won't notice much difference?

Thanks in advance =)
    Welcome to the forums. I haven't been with any other platform, so I can't offer much help. Just wanted to say hi.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hi all, I come in peace from the Windows side of the moon =)-1388183857524.jpg  

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Hello, welcome to the forums and Android!

Have you tried the outlook app for Android?
    There are options on the play store that you can use.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Global Posts
    6,215 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Welcome to Android Central.

g2
    Live long and prosper.

Once upon a time I had a HTC diamond (windows phone) Life was hard. I then bought an HTC Hero and never looked back.

Really though lol. It'll take a bit of getting used to but you'll be fine.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador

Oh and welcome to the forum

Ambassador
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    Once upon a time I had a HTC diamond (windows phone) Life was hard. I then bought an HTC Hero and never looked back.

Really though lol. It'll take a bit of getting used to but you'll be fine.
    Yeah, my previous was the Touch Diamond as well (I'm using it now again until I get a new phone), and the one that broke was HTC Titan. I think Android will work out just fine for me, but I think I'll stick to Microsoft services for contacts, calendar and everything... for now, at least.

Well post questions when/if you have em. The N5 seems to be a really nice device...actually a lot of nice choices right now. Good luck with the change

Ambassador

welcome

Welcome to Android Central! While there are solutions to sync with Outlook, now might be a good time to think about migrating all of that info over to Google. The cloud integration is seamless, and in my experience, so much more efficient and less bloated than using Outlook on my desktop!

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! While there are solutions to sync with Outlook, now might be a good time to think about migrating all of that info over to Google. The cloud integration is seamless, and in my experience, so much more efficient and less bloated than using Outlook on my desktop!
    I definitely agree with him! 👆

If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    B. Diddy likes this.

Welcome to the forum. This is the best place to hang out for android users. Enjoy your device and stay here.
    tgp

Global Posts
    1,777 Global Posts

Welcome to Android! I went from WM to Android almost 3 years ago. Since then I've had iPhone & WP as well, but so far I'm sticking with Android. No guarantees it'll stay that way, but for now I have no plans to go anywhere. The Nexus 5 is a great device! You can't do much better than that. I have one as my main device.

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    Once upon a time I had a HTC diamond (windows phone) Life was hard.
    Yeah, my previous was the Touch Diamond as well (I'm using it now again until I get a new phone)
    My last WM device was an HTC Diamond. At the time I thought life was pretty good! I liked it pretty well except it got smoking hot when it even thought about doing something, like say turning on.

I think Android will work out just fine for me, but I think I'll stick to Microsoft services for contacts, calendar and everything... for now, at least.
    The nice thing about Microsoft services is that they're cross platform. I guess with WP having a 4% market share Microsoft has no choice. I use them some too, although I'm primarily Google.
    I have a Nexus 4, an iPhone 5, and a Lumia 520, and I like them all. Is something wrong with me? (I really should edit my signature sometime. I have only 1 of these 3 phones anymore, and even that one is mostly unused because it's been superseded by its big brother!)
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    While there are solutions to sync with Outlook, now might be a good time to think about migrating all of that info over to Google. The cloud integration is seamless, and in my experience, so much more efficient and less bloated than using Outlook on my desktop!
    Maybe... in the future... right now that would be a very big change for me, so I'll see how Android is going for me first =)

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Maybe... in the future... right now that would be a very big change for me, so I'll see how Android is going for me first =)
    Welcome to the forums! I just bought two of my grandkids Windows phones for Xmas, at their request, even though I'm an Android girl all the way, I'm an equal opportunity giver.

Last year they got ipods.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    STARGATE and neonworm like this.

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    Welcome to the forums! I just bought two of my grandkids Windows phones for Xmas, at their request, even though I'm an Android girl all the way, I'm an equal opportunity giver.

Last year they got ipods.

Whaaaaaaa?????? 😲😲😲

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Whaaaaaaa?????? 😲😲😲

What? Did I break a rule? Lol

They asked, they received. I wish I would have had a tech obsessed grandmother when I was a kid. But then all I would have received was a transistor radio.

These guys have xBox(s) TV's, iPods, phones, net books and a Wacom Bamboo pad. They're my bebes. 💕

What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    STARGATE likes this.

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    What? Did I break a rule? Lol

They asked, they received. I wish I would have had a tech obsessed grandmother when I was a kid. But then all I would have received was a transistor radio.

These guys have xBox(s) TV's, iPods, phones, net books and a Wacom Bamboo pad. They're my bebes. 💕

LOL! 😀