Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New to AC

Hey guys

I'm already a member of the Crackberry forum, but I'm new to the android central section so thought I'd say hello

I'm not new to android, I've used several android running devices and enjoyed the OS as well as the device. However I do love my q10 - sorry guys

The reason I'm venturing into this corner of the web, is because I just got a google nexus 7 (2013) version. It's beautiful. I like to chat about technology and love doing crack updates etc. SO yeah hiii

I'm lexy, 22 years old, from England.

Hope you guys all had a wonderful Christmas, and a happy new year

xx
    MERCDROID likes this.

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: New to AC

Welcome to AC Lexy!

Enjoy that Nexus 7, its a great piece of kit!
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:
    Alexandra Barrable likes this.

Global Posts
    13,809 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra Barrable View Post
    Hey guys

I'm already a member of the Crackberry forum, but I'm new to the android central section so thought I'd say hello

I'm not new to android, I've used several android running devices and enjoyed the OS as well as the device. However I do love my q10 - sorry guys

The reason I'm venturing into this corner of the web, is because I just got a google nexus 7 (2013) version. It's beautiful. I like to chat about technology and love doing crack updates etc. SO yeah hiii

I'm lexy, 22 years old, from England.

Hope you guys all had a wonderful Christmas, and a happy new year

xx
    Welcome to the forums Lexy!!

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New to AC-1388245046984.jpg  

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:

Hi Lexy, nice to see a BlackBerry fan.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Welcome to the AC

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Welcome to AC Lexy!

Enjoy that Nexus 7, its a great piece of kit!
    Thanks Haalcyon yes it is quiet spectacular. Fast, clean, the screen is so crisp too 0___0 It makes me cry

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums Lexy!!

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    Thank you Golfdriver97
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Hi Lexy, nice to see a BlackBerry fan.

Yes, I have a lot of love for BB but I love technology in general exploring it's capabilities etc It's such an expensivve hobby though

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    Welcome to the AC

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Thank you ffeejjj
    ffejjj and Golfdriver97 like this.

Yes, I have a lot of love for BB but I love technology in general exploring it's capabilities etc It's such an expensivve hobby though
    It sure is! I'm scheming to buy more, too, when I told myself I wouldn't for a couple of years. 😼 😸

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

An expensive hobby indeed. I keep finding excuses to waste more money on phones and tablets I don't need just to tinker with something different.
    Live long and prosper.

ffejjj and Golfdriver97 like this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

It sure is! I'm scheming to buy more, too, when I told myself I wouldn't for a couple of years. �� ��

I don't know where you are from, but the Samsung galaxy tab3 7.0 tablet is 80 quid at carphone warehouse and I'm like.... why would you do this to me!!

Smh ;'(

haha I always tell myself "I wont do this till...x" and then I do it anyay :/

Global Posts
    13,809 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

I think we are all a little bit of device junkies...

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

I don't know where you are from, but the Samsung galaxy tab3 7.0 tablet is 80 quid at carphone warehouse and I'm like.... why would you do this to me!!

Smh ;'(

haha I always tell myself "I wont do this till...x" and then I do it anyay :/
    Hahah! I know, it's terrible, but so much fun! I am now drooling for a few different things, a BlackBerry Z10, next year's Nexus, a Moto X2, an Xperia
    something, and I wouldn't sneeze at a Galaxy something too, not to mention HTC, and others. I'll have to whittle that list down somehow though. Carphone warehouse is calling your name! XD 😸

Newest gadget for me is my daughters lg g-pad. Really digging it so far. Hopefully my replacement HTC One will show up so I can zooper it to death.

And I have an upgrade sitting here lol

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Ambassador

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Newest gadget for me is my daughters lg g-pad. Really digging it so far. Hopefully my replacement HTC One will show up so I can zooper it to death.

I love zoopering things.
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:
    ffejjj and Alexandra Barrable like this.

I love that interesting turn of phrase, "for me"!

Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Hahah! I know, it's terrible, but so much fun! I am now drooling for a few different things, a BlackBerry Z10, next year's Nexus, a Moto X2, an Xperia
    something, and I wouldn't sneeze at a Galaxy something too, not to mention HTC, and others. I'll have to whittle that list down somehow though. Carphone warehouse is calling your name! XD ��

You're so mean don't tempt me! DRIVING LESSONS need to happen!!! ;_____;

Haha, z10 is ove rated in my humble opinion, Q10 is where it's at babydoll

Xperia's are very very nice bits of kit. The internal memory is something I loved about that phone. I just lent mine out to a friend of mine as his is broken and he's fallen in love with it too haha!

My boyfriend is a HTC guy, with the HTC one and my mum and dad are apple-ers. That makes me sad. I dislike apple as a software.
    Thanked by:
    mrsmumbles likes this.

You're so mean don't tempt me! DRIVING LESSONS need to happen!!! ;_____;

Haha, z10 is ove rated in my humble opinion, Q10 is where it's at babydoll

Xperia's are very very nice bits of kit. The internal memory is something I loved about that phone. I just lent mine out to a friend of mine as his is broken and he's fallen in love with it too haha!

My boyfriend is a HTC guy, with the HTC one and my mum and dad are apple-ers. That makes me sad. I dislike apple as a software.
    But the Q10 still costs a fortune! You're right, you should totally get the drivers lessons, that's just as much fun! I also am heavily factoring the SD in my plans for the Xperia. Galaxies tempt me too but they seem to have so many problems with the cards.

Wow, you have almost every phone maker in your family (counting you quintuple!!! )

I love that interesting turn of phrase, "for me"!

I never considered a tablet before. She wanted the 7" Samsung tab then she seen the G-pad. Fell in love right away. In the wee hours before Christmas I got to fiddle with it and I'm impressed.

Okay back on topic then lol

Driving lessons first for sure

Ambassador
    Thanked by:
    mrsmumbles likes this.

I never considered a tablet before. She wanted the 7" Samsung tab then she seen the G-pad. Fell in love right away. In the wee hours before Christmas I got to fiddle with it and I'm impressed.

Okay back on topic then lol

Driving lessons first for sure

Like-parent like-daughter much? :thumbup: It's never too soon to have a tech addiction. Lol!

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

But the Q10 still costs a fortune! You're right, you should totally get the drivers lessons, that's just as much fun! I also am heavily factoring the SD in my plans for the Xperia. Galaxies tempt me too but they seem to have so many problems with the cards.

Wow, you have almost every phone maker in your family (counting you quintuple!!! )
    Driving gets me places I don't really want to go faster than I'd like to get there lol! But it also gets my Mum and her parents to their respective hospital appointments. So needs, a must
    Yes, we do have almost every phone maker in my family. haha! My dad actually has two iphones, work and personal. An ipad as does my mum, and dad has a macbook something or another. He used to be a windows guy! No longer!

Driving gets me places I don't really want to go faster than I'd like to get there lol! But it also gets my Mum and her parents to their respective hospital appointments. So needs, a must
    Yes, we do have almost every phone maker in my family. haha! My dad actually has two iphones, work and personal. An ipad as does my mum, and dad has a macbook something or another. He used to be a windows guy! No longer!
    It's time to convert your Dad to Linux! Nah, I know that's hard. I haven't even done that.

I love driving but I don't have a car at the moment. So I'm devoting all my tech time to phones. My downfall, so expensive! Yet so addicting. 😸 What will be your next phone purchase (when you can)?

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Welcome to AC!! I also have the Nexus 7 and it's a great tablet. Cheers!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Motorola Razr V3-->Blackberry Pearl 8130-->Blackberry Tour 9630-->Droid Pro-->Droid X-->Rooted Droid 4-->Galaxy S3-->GSM Galaxy Nexus (Stock 4.3)-->Nexus 4 16GB (Stock 4..4)-->Nexus 5 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Note 3 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Nokia Lumia 1520 (Red)

Toshiba Satellite Win Vista-->HP Touchpad w/ CM 9 Alpha 1-->Motorola Xoom Wifi-->Toshiba Satellite Win7-->Acer Ubuntu/Chromebook-->Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1-->Toshiba Satellite Win8-->Ubuntu 13.10/Nexus 7 16GB (2013)-->Samsung Chromebook-->Asus Republic of Gamers/iPad Mini with Retina Display
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

It's time to convert your Dad to Linux! Nah, I know that's hard. I haven't even done that.

I love driving but I don't have a car at the moment. So I'm devoting all my tech time to phones. My downfall, so expensive! Yet so addicting. �� What will be your next phone purchase (when you can)?

Linux is winning! haha! He's gotten lazy in his older years he's 50 now. And for as long as I can remember he's been the network manager for a school. He used to ALWAYS be tinkering and doing something, which is probably where I got the bug from haha! But.... now he just wants to watch tv. Can't blame him after working since the tender age of 17. He more than deserves it!

My next phone purchase......... .......... I've avoided checking out whats going on but I sort of fancy the galaxy s range.... I don't know. I'd probably sooner buy a tablet or something like that. I love my phones but I am so in love with the Q10 that I don't have a need for a new one. haha!

PS: Come take my car please. It only needs a battery xx

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

something, and I wouldn't sneeze at a Galaxy something too, not to mention HTC, and others. I'll have to whittle that list down somehow though. Carphone warehouse is calling your name! XD 😸

I wish we had a Carphone Warehouse in the States!!

Motorola Razr V3-->Blackberry Pearl 8130-->Blackberry Tour 9630-->Droid Pro-->Droid X-->Rooted Droid 4-->Galaxy S3-->GSM Galaxy Nexus (Stock 4.3)-->Nexus 4 16GB (Stock 4..4)-->Nexus 5 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Note 3 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Nokia Lumia 1520 (Red)

Toshiba Satellite Win Vista-->HP Touchpad w/ CM 9 Alpha 1-->Motorola Xoom Wifi-->Toshiba Satellite Win7-->Acer Ubuntu/Chromebook-->Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1-->Toshiba Satellite Win8-->Ubuntu 13.10/Nexus 7 16GB (2013)-->Samsung Chromebook-->Asus Republic of Gamers/iPad Mini with Retina Display

Linux is winning! haha! He's gotten lazy in his older years he's 50 now. And for as long as I can remember he's been the network manager for a school. He used to ALWAYS be tinkering and doing something, which is probably where I got the bug from haha! But.... now he just wants to watch tv. Can't blame him after working since the tender age of 17. He more than deserves it!

My next phone purchase......... .......... I've avoided checking out whats going on but I sort of fancy the galaxy s range.... I don't know. I'd probably sooner buy a tablet or something like that. I love my phones but I am so in love with the Q10 that I don't have a need for a new one. haha!

PS: Come take my car please. It only needs a battery xx
    I'd love to take your car! Wait, how do you have a car but still take driving lessons? :what: I was going to ask how the battery life was! "Can you post a screenshot?" Hahaha! (Don't mind me, I'm just a bit punchy because I didn't have lunch yet!)

It's true, as we age, or just go through TV phases, sometimes tinker less, but let your Dad enjoy his TV shows! As for the Q10, isn't that screen kinda small, though? I mean it's less than 4.2"! XD

Quote Originally Posted by MERCDROID View Post
    I wish we had a Carphone Warehouse in the States!!

Me too!

MERCDROID likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast