Another problem.

Jr Lagos

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
In my nexus 7 it always appear to the screen " upgrade android market now" do I have to upgrade my android market?

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It strange that it didn't automatically update. You could search for the app online, download the app to your PC, place it on your tablet, then install.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This doesn't quite make sense to me, because if it actually refers to "Android Market," I don't think that's possible on the Nexus 7. Android Market was the original name for Google Play, but the name changed way back with Froyo or Gingerbread (can't remember which). The Nexus 7 should definitely have come installed with Google Play, not Android Market. How is it coming up? It might be some kind of spam or malware.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
This doesn't quite make sense to me, because if it actually refers to "Android Market," I don't think that's possible on the Nexus 7. Android Market was the original name for Google Play, but the name changed way back with Froyo or Gingerbread (can't remember which). The Nexus 7 should definitely have come installed with Google Play, not Android Market. How is it coming up? It might be some kind of spam or malware.

That's what hit me too some hours ago.
All I know.

Posted on my N9005 via Android Central App

Jr Lagos

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Can you pls send me some videos on how to upgrade my android market. Because I M getting confused already.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you have a Nexus 7, it should already have the Google Play Store app pre-installed, not the Android Market app. (The Android Market is a very old version of the Google Play Store.) If your device has the Android Market app installed, it's not a Nexus 7. Can you tell us exactly what the Model Number of your device is? Go to Settings>About Tablet>Model number ​to find out.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Could you take a screen shot of the notification? That would help us determine if it's an App, Advertisement or something else trying to get you to update what probably doesn't need to be updated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it a notification that appears in the top bar, or a popup window? If it's in the notification bar, then swipe down and long-press the notification, and then tap App Info to see what app is generating the notification.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
To take a screenshot, press and hold Power and Volume Down at the same time for about half a second.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's not really possible to post it using the app. It's easier to use the Android Central website on your computer browser. Upload your screenshot to Google Drive, then download it to your computer. You can then attach it to your post on the website.