- 2 Posts
errors while building the android source code
I trying to build the android source code in ubuntu 13.10, but i got so many errors
i have solved some of them then i got strucked . Now i want your help to build the androi source code,
before to that i will tel my system specification :
i am using Pentium D machine with 4 GB RAM with 50 GB free space in hard drive
using ubuntu 13.10 which is of 64 bit OS
And what are the packages i have installed
Python 2.7.5+, GNU Make 3.81, java version "1.6.0_45"
And i have followed the procedure for build such as :
a) G41M-Combo:~/bin/source $
: source build/envsetup.sh
b) G41M-Combo:~/bin/source $
c) G41M-Combo:~/bin/source $
d) G41M-Combo:~/bin/source $
: make -j3
in 4th step i am using pentium D machine it is of 2 core so i have tried make -j2 also
but i did not got much difference
i am attaching the screen shot with this question ..
your help will be greatly appretiated to me
Thanks in advance
- 02-05-2014, 10:24 AM #2
- 02-05-2014, 11:40 AM #3
Re: errors while building the android source code
I don't have a ton of building experience with Android but I've done some. First I know your really pushing the edge of things with only 50 GB of hard drive space to play with.
Especially if your attempting to ICS (Android 4.x) and higher which really require some healthy system resources to build. Not saying it can't be done but its going to take a long time to complete and could eventually be an issue with your build running out of usable resources.
Judging from your errors it looks like you might not have all the build environment installed correctly or missing something.
- By Carolina Mogas in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1Replies: 4Last Post: 02-28-2014, 02:59 PM
- By Kamrul08 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 9Last Post: 02-07-2014, 12:11 PM
- By dorsetlady in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 3Last Post: 02-07-2014, 02:05 AM
- By Nghia phan in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-05-2014, 10:32 AM
- By Hi22 in forum ASUS Fonepad 7Replies: 1Last Post: 02-05-2014, 05:05 AM